Author Topic: Wideawake fails on their dirty version of Out The Moon Daz Remix..  (Read 773 times)

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
A little background.. the remix was made as a clean version and played on 92.3 in August '96. The radio rip version is the true original remix as produced by Daz & Soopafly.

Wideawake made their own dirty version using the original mix acapella and made a remix instrumental. In this process they left out numerous elements of the original remix and even messed up the mixing in the process.

Thanks whoever at Wideawake that likes to play Dave Aaron.. I won't be supporting this shit.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

JohnnyL

Re: Wideawake fails on their dirty version of Out The Moon Daz Remix..
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »
A little background.. the remix was made as a clean version and played on 92.3 in August '96. The radio rip version is the true original remix as produced by Daz & Soopafly.

Wideawake made their own dirty version using the original mix acapella and made a remix instrumental. In this process they left out numerous elements of the original remix and even messed up the mixing in the process.

Thanks whoever at Wideawake that likes to play Dave Aaron.. I won't be supporting this shit.

Lol...This doesn't surprise me at all. 

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
so it was released recently?

where was it released at
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
is Pac on this remix or not?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
Wideawake fucked up on the mixing or mastering of one of their releases and we're supposed to act surprised? Why? Follow the track record. Expecting a Wideawake release without some kind of glaring flaw is like expecting an NBA title from the Clippers. Why even set up the expectation?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »
what do you guys expect from a soccer mom, they should change the logo to this...it would be more realistic.

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:08 PM »
what do you guys expect from a soccer mom, they should change the logo to this...it would be more realistic.

she was fired awhile ago

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
dont ruin this joke grundle.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:47:58 PM »
Yeah, like someone else said, Lavi was gone awhile ago and I actually think she had the right ideas for the most part. She seemed generally interested in hearing from the fans so that was a start. I could give a fuck who ran Death Row after they took it from Suge as long as they had good ideas about what to do with the catalog. Lavi was hit and miss but she seemed like she ended up getting fucked in that whole deal.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »
All you can is complain like a little girl. The LBC Crew album is without a doubt WAs best release yet. The remix is just a bonus and you are still complaining. Bump the shitty radio rip and be happy with it. At least they tried to make the fans happy and i'm very happy with it

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 02:48:24 AM »
All you can is complain like a little girl. The LBC Crew album is without a doubt WAs best release yet. The remix is just a bonus and you are still complaining. Bump the shitty radio rip and be happy with it. At least they tried to make the fans happy and i'm very happy with it
look who's talking:

Here's an email from Sam Sneed sent to somebody at tupacnation.net...

SO SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT WHAT THEY ALL HAVE TO OVERSTAND IS 1. AT FIRST I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT MY FANS JUST WANTED TO HEAR ANYTHING THAT I WAS DOING UNTIL I FOUND OUT LATE IN THE GAME. YEAH I HEARD SOME SAYING THEY WANTED TO HEAR THE OLD ALBUM BUT I ALSO HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE WANTED TO HEAR WHAT I WAS DOING NOW. 2. SOME OF THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL FROM 96 WAS MISSING, THE SONG WITH SNOOP WAS ONE OF THEM. OTHER PARTS ON SOME OF THE OTHER SONGS WERE ALSO MISSING AND TO DUPLICATE ALL THAT WOULD HAVE DEMANDED TIME THAT I DIDNT HAVE BECAUSE I HAD TO TURN IN THE ALBUM QUICK, A MONTH FROM THE TIME THE BUDGET WAS CUT. THATS MY FAULT BECAUSE I COULD HAVE JUST GIVIN YOU ALL THE ORIGINAL UNCOMPLETED MATERIAL AS IS MIXED AND MASTERED 3. I WILL ALSO TAKE FULL BLAME FOR ALSO WANTING WHAT IM DOING NOW TO BE HEARD. 4. NOW IF YOU ALL STILL WANNA HEAR THE REST OF THAT ALBUM PUT TOGETHER PROPERLY, SEND A REQUEST TO WIDE AWAKE ENT. WHO SHOWED ME NOTHING BUT LOVE AND THEN I WILL DO MY BEST TO DUPLICATE THE REST OF THAT ALBUM THEN EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY AND WE ALL CAN GO PARTY. LOVE YOU ALL ONE LOVE MY SCHOLARS!

I talked to him on facebook but he didn't say all of that.

sam is not fair, he recognised that he drop a fucking lame prosuct and he want us to ask for more of it? sorry sam, your album won#'t move 1000 units so you won't get a second chance to do it right. i waited 15 years for this to drop and what do you give me? eat a dick

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:36 AM »
^ i would never speak against soemone who is complaining about the sneed desaster, subject of the discussing here is the lbc album. the lbc album is dope and i don't understand when haters are picking up tiny things which don't be perfect.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 05:49:40 AM »
^ i would never speak against soemone who is complaining about the sneed desaster, subject of the discussing here is the lbc album. the lbc album is dope and i don't understand when haters are picking up tiny things which don't be perfect.
but it's the same shit, the tracklisting, the mixing

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
but it's the same shit, the tracklisting, the mixing

yeah all of their releases have suffered from this, not surprising that this album is any different.

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
dont ruin this joke grundle.

my bad.  didn't know it was a joke.  I guess it was missing the...um...funny part.