Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks About Death Row Days & How Suge Knight Used To Rob Producers  (Read 1415 times)

Funkstradamus

I beleive Daz produced most of Dogg Food...Dre ain't shit of a producer by himself....he's better at mixing shit other people produce...Daz has gone on to produce countless bangers on his own since...

Jimmy H.

Daz has gone on to produce countless bangers on his own since...
Like what?

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
Daz got alot of bangers, is first 2 albums, Gang Related Soundtrack other shit. I believe he did most of Dogg Food and alot of Doggystyle cause they never gave the credits on the album booklet or back cover.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
you can tell by the ed hardy jackets and shit this interview prolly took place sometime between 06-08

OG Hack Wilson

Like what?

2 of amerikaz most wanted
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Paul

Like what?
Are you kidding?
funkyfreshintheflesh

bouli77

I beleive Daz produced most of Dogg Food...Dre ain't shit of a producer by himself....he's better at mixing shit other people produce...Daz has gone on to produce countless bangers on his own since...

yeah Daz produced most of Dogg Food, but I believe Dre was also involved in the process despite what the credits say... but I think Daz came up with the concepts, samples and beats and Dre added his midas touch to some songs like Respect or Let's Play House. Pooh produced only 2 songs.

Daz doesn't really produce on his own... he always has a co-producer around. but he did produce bangers afterwards, his first three solo albums, his productions on Gang Related, Gridlock'd, All Eyez On Me, G-Funk Classics Vol. 1&2, Dillinger & Young Gotti, tha streetz of a mutha, just to name a few

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
Daz produced all Dogg Food with Soopafly on keyboards apart from the 2 DJ Pooh records. The only thing Dre contributed production wise was to "Lets Play House", which according to Michel'le, was originally a Dre produced solo track for her. She said Daz basically took bits and pieces from Dre's original beat and remade it into the Dogg Pound Version

As far as Doggystyle goes Sam Sneed recently said that Dre "and a couple of other producers" did that album. And seeing as the beats for The next episode (OG) and Ratatat (OG) ended up on Warren G's album, I would say that he did do some ghost production on the The Chronic and Doggystyle

OG Hack Wilson

Daz produced all Dogg Food with Soopafly on keyboards apart from the 2 DJ Pooh records. The only thing Dre contributed production wise was to "Lets Play House", which according to Michel'le, was originally a Dre produced solo track for her. She said Daz basically took bits and pieces from Dre's original beat and remade it into the Dogg Pound Version

As far as Doggystyle goes Sam Sneed recently said that Dre "and a couple of other producers" did that album. And seeing as the beats for The next episode (OG) and Ratatat (OG) ended up on Warren G's album, I would say that he did do some ghost production on the The Chronic and Doggystyle

THE NEXT EPISODE OG BEAT WAS NOT ON WARREN G'S ALBUM, THE SAME SAMPLE WAS USED BUT THE BEAT WAS NOT CLOSE TO A MATCH

sorry to yell :)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Cross Em Out

• 'G'

THE NEXT EPISODE OG BEAT WAS NOT ON WARREN G'S ALBUM, THE SAME SAMPLE WAS USED BUT THE BEAT WAS NOT CLOSE TO A MATCH

sorry to yell :)

not close to a match? The Drums are also exactly the same in both versions. The only difference between the two beats that Warren G's version has the Les McCann sample replayed by musicians
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:27:44 PM by Cross Em Out »

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

i always thought Dre and Warren used the same sample, but it seems like "next episode" was a Warren-production after all  ???
We_Fly_High confirmed it in some old thread a hundred years ago i think

Amplified

• 'G'
Yeah this was a year or two back...  Cool little interview...

dijufos

• Lil Geezy
  • By Order of King Qobra
Snoop is so real wit it.  I bet Suge didn't expect him to be tellin on him and his dirty dealiins.   Lol
And you don't stop.  Even if you got mental problems...
www.hoodedqobra.com/sofujid

Okka

Dr. Dre might've produced "Dogg Food" but Daz, DJ Pooh and others made the beats though. That's how it always goes down, even Snoop Dogg said it. I think he also said that Dr. Dre produced "What Would You Do" too.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Snoop is so real wit it.  I bet Suge didn't expect him to be tellin on him and his dirty dealiins.   Lol

why wouldnt suge have expected it...they have been talking shit in the media toward each other for over ten years now.

are you really that surprised to hear that suge was a crooked business man?