Author Topic: why the FUCK is Boston trading Perkins?  (Read 682 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: why the FUCK is Boston trading Perkins?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
so what if Boston doesn't have the money to re-sign Perkins. he's is signed to them now and they have to win now. now is no time to rebuild. dumb ass trade.
yes

the Boston 2007-08 starting 5   (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins) is STILL unbeaten - remember Perkins was not there game 7 last year hence we lost

take the W and let him walk if he chooses

So is the Fisher, Kobe, Artest/Ariza, Gasol and Bynum line up. Bynum was out in 2008.

excuse me, Bynum was garbage that year.  would his 5 points and 5 rebounds REALLY have mattered when Boston was winning by 30 points??
Bynum was averaging 13 points, 63% FG shooting, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks before his injruy. Best beilieve Bynum and Ariza would of made a difference.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:21 PM »
so what if Boston doesn't have the money to re-sign Perkins. he's is signed to them now and they have to win now. now is no time to rebuild. dumb ass trade.
yes

the Boston 2007-08 starting 5   (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins) is STILL unbeaten - remember Perkins was not there game 7 last year hence we lost

So is the Fisher, Kobe, Artest/Ariza, Gasol and Bynum line up. Bynum was out in 2008.

excuse me, Bynum was garbage that year.  would his 5 points and 5 rebounds REALLY have mattered when Boston was winning by 30 points??
Bynum was averaging 13 points, 63% FG shooting, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks before his injruy. Best beilieve Bynum and Ariza would of made a difference.

still, if you are going to play the Bynum card for 2008 I'll play the Perkins card in 2010
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

theremedy360

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »
Seattle's home town hero Nate Robinson is now on the OKC Blunder, please excuse me while I blow my brains out.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
Seattle's home town hero Nate Robinson is now on the OKC Blunder, please excuse me while I blow my brains out.
lol damn

atleast you got the Mariners right?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

theremedy360

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 07:30:26 PM »
yes

still, if you are going to play the Bynum card for 2008 I'll play the Perkins card in 2010

Perkins missed one game and isn't nearly as big of an offensive threat as a healthy Bynum.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
yes

That's my point. They both had injuries that possibly cost them a championship. If both are acceptable then they have to swap a championship, resulting in the same # of championships they have right now.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »
lmao

boston would've dominated with Perkins in that game 7

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
lol damn

atleast you got the Mariners right?

LOL, don't rub it in. :P

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
crazy they let kp go but nate ehhh

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
lol One less contender  8)

The Celtics would need Perkins to match up against teams with a big front court, like the Lakers.

What many people think the trade means, is that the Celtics arent preparing for the Lakers. They are preparing for the Spurs. They will need players who can get to the perimeter and defend three point shooters. Not just bigmen to guard the paint.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
lol One less contender  8)

The Celtics would need Perkins to match up against teams with a big front court, like the Lakers.

What many people think the trade means, is that the Celtics arent preparing for the Lakers. They are preparing for the Spurs. They will need players who can get to the perimeter and defend three point shooters. Not just bigmen to guard the paint.

last I checked Boston still has:

Rajon Rondo:  the best passer AND defender among the NBA's talented crop of point guards.  also the best play maker.  yes I know he can't make free throws but his shooting is getting better.

Ray Allen:  the best 3 point shooter in NBA history and is at his BEST at that particular catagory this year

Paul Pierce:  a guy who can go for 30 on any given night

Kevin Garnett:  Pau Gasol still fears this man

Shaq:  He'll be on his game in the playoffs...for 20-30 minutes max ofcourse.

Big Baby Davis:  the most experienced bench player we've had all these years.

if you wanna under-estimate this year I feel bad for you sir.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
last I checked Boston didn't need Perkins for Rondo to average 15 assists a game for the first 20 games lol

'EclipZe

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
with green they got a better match up against the other opponent that they'll face in the finals, the spurs.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
with green they got a better match up against the other opponent that they'll face in the finals, the spurs.
histocially speaking, no team has EVER started out as good as the Spurs have and not reached the NBA Finals

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Lol @ gasol fearing kg