Author Topic: why the FUCK is Boston trading Perkins?  (Read 683 times)

OG Hack Wilson

why the FUCK is Boston trading Perkins?
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
 >:(
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: why the FUCK is Boston trading Perkins?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:51:45 PM »
>:(

Well that's pretty weird (considering the O'neils are injury -friendly) but there's some good others reasons IMO:
- Perkins going free agent at the end of the season, already decline an extension, C's would have to pay too much to keep him considering some majors teams show interest (Knicks, Heat)
- M. Daniels seems to be out indefinitely so bring a back up for P.P. was much needed... & Green will be the future SF of the franchise after Pierce decline.
- Krstic is not that bad offensively....
- Nate was too much erratic.

EDIT : C's just send Harangody & Erden to the cavs for 2nd round draft pick...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:10:35 PM by It's All About 18 »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
jeff green better be the next coming of JESUS
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »
this was a money move pure and simple, boston didnt have the money to give the contract perkins wanted.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »
OKC now has a dominant defensive center to match up with Bynum

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »
so what if Boston doesn't have the money to re-sign Perkins. he's is signed to them now and they have to win now. now is no time to rebuild. dumb ass trade.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
so what if Boston doesn't have the money to re-sign Perkins. he's is signed to them now and they have to win now. now is no time to rebuild. dumb ass trade.
yes

the Boston 2007-08 starting 5   (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins) is STILL unbeaten - remember Perkins was not there game 7 last year hence we lost

take the W and let him walk if he chooses

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »
Don't understand this move lol.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »
this was a horrible trade on the part of celtics. if u been keeping up with okc rumors, okc would have been willing to trade jeff green for dirt. the fans turned their backs on green, and management was frustrated with his lack of efficiency for a "big man"

at the same time however, perkins not signing an extension removed any leverage celtics could have had. im actually rooting for celtics to come out the east as i want the lakers to beat them one final time before they fade out, but its gonna be a hell of a lot harder for celtics to take the east now with jeff fucking green in the picture and no perkins. krstic wasnt too bad prior to his multiple injuries... hopefully hes back in form.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »
this was a horrible trade on the part of celtics. if u been keeping up with okc rumors, okc would have been willing to trade jeff green for dirt. the fans turned their backs on green, and management was frustrated with his lack of efficiency for a "big man"

at the same time however, perkins not signing an extension removed any leverage celtics could have had. im actually rooting for celtics to come out the east as i want the lakers to beat them one final time before they fade out, but its gonna be a hell of a lot harder for celtics to take the east now with jeff fucking green in the picture and no perkins. krstic wasnt too bad prior to his multiple injuries... hopefully hes back in form.
lets see the Lakers get past the Spurs first

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 09:09:56 PM »

lets see the Lakers get past the Spurs first

maybe im still underestimating the spurs cuz im so used to seeing lakers run a fuckin train on them in the postseason, eliminating them 4 of the past 5 meetings in the last decade, that team is just phil jacksons bitch. but i actually feel that thunder is a bigger threat than spurs are now, largely in part to perkins' presence. although im sure im jumping the gun here, we have no idea how well perkins will click with the rest of the team.

who knows though. to be honest, people really overrated the thunder after last year's playoffs. a lot people thought that because thunder gave lakers more trouble than any other western team, that automatically meant thunder was the 2nd best team in the west that season. when in reality, a lot of teams can get wins over the lakers just by outhustling them, even a yao ming-less rockets gave us some beatdowns in the 09 playoffs.

but now with perkins and nazr as a back-up, its hard to see them not doing damage

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
yes

the Boston 2007-08 starting 5   (Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins) is STILL unbeaten - remember Perkins was not there game 7 last year hence we lost

So is the Fisher, Kobe, Artest/Ariza, Gasol and Bynum line up. Bynum was out in 2008.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »
prior to that trade the celtics were the most likely team to win the title in my opinion. now the heat are most likely to make the finals. the by far biggest advantage the celtics had over the heat was size/interior presence. noone is afraid of krstic down low. they even gave up that turkish nig. jermaine is irrelevant injury trash. all they have is shaq now. of course the celtics can still beat the heat especially with home court, but their chance now went from "pretty likely" to "pretty much 50/50".

now the west playoffs got more exciting with okc in the mix. still a rather overrated team with no real shot at the title in my opinion - but hey, they can upset a contender, no doubt. but they will probably never play the lakers. 2nd round: mavs - lakers & spurs - okc.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 07:56:34 AM »
yes

So is the Fisher, Kobe, Artest/Ariza, Gasol and Bynum line up. Bynum was out in 2008.

excuse me, Bynum was garbage that year.  would his 5 points and 5 rebounds REALLY have mattered when Boston was winning by 30 points??

'EclipZe

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »
Boston should win NOW, not in 8 years..... dumb move