Author Topic: Chris The Glove Taylor Interview (Ruthless, Death Row, Aftermath Producer)  (Read 1068 times)

Okka

So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

Who have all come out and said the same thing about Dre (and im probably forgetting some other producers too). I dont see why Dre should be regarded as a "legendary" producer, when he has been fucking other producers over his entire career. You cant say it because Dre's a "big name", becuase other "big name" producer havent had as much ghost production accusations as Dre has. You never hear anybody sayong that Premier or the Neptunes stole credit from them

You can add Sam Sneed, J.Flexx, Emannuel Dean, Big Chuck and Cold187Um to that list. Snoop Dogg confirmed that Dre don't make the beats, he produces the records and i think MC Ren said that Dre ain't really did those beats on that old Above The Law record.

Okka

Here's the article i was talkin' about, it's from The Source Magazine. I found this through google.

Before &
Aftermath

In a shocking revelation,
some of dr. dre’s closest
associates have broken ties
with aftermath records
and are ready to expose
some of the label’s secrets.
Big chuck, mel-man, neff-u and
the legendary eric b. have launched the drama family
and they’re ready to get
the credit they deserve.

t’s time for me to do what I got to do for myself,” states Big Chuck. As Aftermath’s senior director of A&R, Chuck spent seven years helping build the label into the money-making machine it is today. Chuck says he convinced Dr. Dre to sign Eminem, and even arranged for Jay-Z’s contribution to “Still D.R.E.” But with Dre living up 2001’s “Big Egos” a little too often, creative differences soon arose. Big Chuck has now left Aftermath, aligned himself with noted Dre collaborators Mel-Man and Neff-U, and is looking to secure a label deal for his stable of artists, the Drama Family. Also helping out is the legendary Eric B., who is scouting potential talent as a VP for the Drama Family. In this exclusive, Big Chuck and Neff-U catch up with The Source to offer a glimpse into the inner workings of one of hip-hop’s most successful boutique labels. This is the interview Aftermath does not want you to read.

The Source: When were your final days at Aftermath Records?
Big Chuck: I left on July 21 because of creative differences between Dr. Dre and myself. I stayed loyal to the dude but I knew no matter how long I stayed I wouldn’t shine like the real diamond I am. I’m a boss, period. I’m not comfortable sitting there stroking $$$$$s. I ain’t a $$$$-sucker. Dre wants people to praise him all day like his name is in the Bible, and I can’t do that.
When did you first meet Dr. Dre?
I met Dre in the ’80s. I was with [Big Daddy] Kane and he was with N.W.A. It was in Detroit. I came in when the first Aftermath album jumped off and everybody counted him out. I was the Krazy Glue in the situation.
It had to take more than a personal beef for you to leave after seven years. Have you guys spoken since then?
Big Chuck: I haven’t spoken to him. I called him and he said he would call me back and he never did. He had the general manager, who is a dear friend of mine, call me and say he thinks we should part ways. He wasn’t man enough to holla at me. He [told] the GM that I ain’t brought him something hot in three years. This is what he told her. How the $$$$ is he going to say that when I recently brought him Neff-U? I hooked him up with the Training Day script. Me and him listened to the Eminem jump-off in his house and I told him he had to sign him. Even the new single, [the “P.I.M.P. (Remix)], with 50 and Snoop—I told them that this joint is a smash. He fought me for it and we kept it. Now look at it—it’s a smash. My ears are my talent.... A lot of $$$$ is being done over there where mutha$$$$as are being mistreated. People aren’t getting credit for records they’re doing. It’s like, “Take this money and be cool.” That happened to Neff-U a couple of times. Mel-Man might have gotten the [co-producer credit on Dr. Dre’s 2001], but he didn’t get that paper.
Neff-U, you’ve been working with Dre for about two years. What records have you done?
Neff-U: I did the beat on the Coors Light commercial featuring Dr. Dre. On The Eminem Show I did “My Dad’s Gone Crazy,” “Say What You Say,” and “When the Music Stops.” On 50 Cent’s album, I did “Back Down,” “If I Can’t” and I played on “Heat.”
The songs you just mentioned on Get Rich or Die Tryin’ were all credited as being produced by Dr. Dre. How did that happen?
Neff-U: I have no idea. I thought I would get co-producer credit [on “If I Can’t”] but I didn’t, so I told my uncle, [Big Chuck], and he handled it. They are fixing that as we speak. They screwed up the credits really bad, but Dr. Dre is Dr. Dre. I don’t try to focus on the business; I just love staying in the studio and doing the music part. Sometimes the business gives me a headache. I can’t get into the creative vibe so I let my uncle handle that stuff.
Big Chuck: As a producer, [Dre] is aiight, but as a person he’s a piece of $$$$. One minute you good with the mutha$$$$a and then he treating you funny-style. But a lot of people believe Dre’s got the chemistry. I was very surprised when Eve came back. Eve was being her own individual outside of the studio when they dropped her [in 1998]. I thought it was crazy when he got rid of her because she was doing what she wanted to do.
There is a lot of talent on that label; you would think they would release more albums.
Big Chuck: Well, you got one person who wants to be a superstar. He’ll sign these artists and keep them on the label for a year or two. I guess it’s a tax write-off. It’s pretty sad that most of the artists that get signed to Aftermath sit until they lose their adrenaline. They go in the studio and record then [Dre] gasses them up and drops them.
That sounds like a harsh fate; too bad it happened to one of the greats. Everyone was waiting for Oh My God. What happened with Rakim? Did he get dropped? Was the music coming out of the sessions really sub-par?
Big Chuck: I think Rakim got tired with that bull$$$$; he left. The god isn’t going to sit around and be mistreated. You got to look at Rakim as a guy who changed hip-hop entirely. How do you sign him and then stick him in the studio with a whole bunch of C-list producers? That’s disrespectful. Dre would throw him one track and not even sit in with him.
Neff-U: It was a shock to me because [the music] was cool. Rakim was Rakim, the Living Legend; the music was good.
Big Chuck: If Dre did the beats and Ra did the rhyme, then what is the problem?
These can’t all be Dr. Dre’s decisions.
Big Chuck: The investors have too much say in the artistic part of the game. These 75-year-old men are telling us how to sound, and they don’t understand the type of music we’re doing. You got these mutha$$$$as A&Ring a record and that’s bull$$$$. Damn the interests of the 75-year-old investors of the company. Damn that because it all falls back on the artist. And a lot of artists are scared to do what they want because they know if you don’t do it their way, sooner or later they will sabotage your career.
You’re going to have to deal with those same 75 year olds trying to get your Drama Family label off the ground.
Big Chuck: I’m trying to get creative control and a fair situation. A couple of real check-writers are hollering at me right now but I don’t want to say whom because I want it set in stone. These labels have been calling me and they’ve seen what I did.
What will be the first album released by the Drama Family and when will it drop?
Big Chuck: We’re working on a secret weapon and we’re going to shock the world with [this album]. The secret missile involves the whole label, and outside artists like Jay-Z and Missy will rock with me. It should be out at the top of the New Year.
As of now, what artists are associated with the Drama Family?
Big Chuck: I got Punch, who wrote Dre’s verses on “What’s the Difference?” and “Big Egos.” Some other artists are Blood Thirsty, Huggy, Goon, Dollar Roc and Stat Quo. Stat Quo’s been writing joints for Dre’s Detox album. Each person we bring along will be able to stand by himself and be superstars. I’m also bringing Freddie Foxxx and Jayo Felony to the label. And Hillstorian [Mel-Man] is going to be a key player in the production. He also has a good ear for talent.
Are you going to try to reach out to other Aftermath associates?
Big Chuck: I went up there [Aftermath Records offices] to get thousands and thousands of demos that get thrown in the garbage. You know how many thousands of demos are sent in and not even listened to in that office? I’ll reach out to all of them. We are going to embrace everyone who is trying to do the right thing.
Neff-U: We are trying to bring originality back into the game, start new trends and give people a chance to have an equal opportunity.
Big Chuck: We’re just going to find raw talent, and let the streets be the judge of the music.

“Dre wants to be a superstar. he’ll sign artists and keep them for a year or two. i guess it’s a tax write-off.” —Big chuck

“How do you sign rakim and put him in the studio with c-list producers? that’s disrespectful.” —Big chuck

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

Who have all come out and said the same thing about Dre (and im probably forgetting some other producers too). I dont see why Dre should be regarded as a "legendary" producer, when he has been fucking other producers over his entire career. You cant say it because Dre's a "big name", becuase other "big name" producer havent had as much ghost production accusations as Dre has. You never hear anybody sayong that Premier or the Neptunes stole credit from them
yet no lawsuits, suprising?

DTG Entertainment

So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

It's because they were compensated for their work. Hi-Tek discussed this once in an interview when talking about doing business with Dr. Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

It's because they were compensated for their work. Hi-Tek discussed this once in an interview when talking about doing business with Dr. Dre.
yeah i think i've read it.
but that's not stealing, they made a deal. hence you won't see Nottz or Hi-Tek complain

DTG Entertainment

So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

but that's not stealing, they made a deal. hence you won't see Nottz or Hi-Tek complain

Yeah, but it's kind of like if you don't do these deals you aren't really kept around or when you realized you've made a hit (which you're not immediately going to think you did) then the truth kind of sinks in that you obviously fucked yourself and Dre helped you do it. Like when it comes to Timbaland or other producers, they're on some bullshit too but I've never heard horror stories about them doing that to their producers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

Yeah, but it's kind of like if you don't do these deals you aren't really kept around or when you realized you've made a hit (which you're not immediately going to think you did) then the truth kind of sinks in that you obviously fucked yourself and Dre helped you do it. Like when it comes to Timbaland or other producers, they're on some bullshit too but I've never heard horror stories about them doing that to their producers.
but if it's true what you're saying, then i don't believe that Dre is the only big producer doing it(to that extent). who knows what happens behind the scenes though

DTG Entertainment

So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

but if it's true what you're saying, then i don't believe that Dre is the only big producer doing it(to that extent). who knows what happens behind the scenes though

It happens all the time, but Dre's the only one people actually air out.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

stop making excuses for him, making "deals" with other producers doesnt change the fact that Dre has been getting credit for material he didnt do. Every time another producer exposes Dre, I lose more respect for him. He's a fraud
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:54:53 PM by Cross Em Out »

sms130

• 'G'
So that makes it

Neff-U
Erotic D
Chris The Glove
Daz

Come now, didn't Snoop break this down years ago. Snoop spoke on this years ago, as far as Daz and Warren G. claiming that Dre stole credits from them back in tha day. Dre still looked out for them because they were doing the work. Back in tha day, they wasn't doing tha work. Dre showed them how to produce. The D.O.C. said that it's just all drama and he was there for alot of that shit as well as Snoop. On tha credits, it says "Produced by", not "Brought In Beat In By" right? Dre is great at bringing beats to life and turning a good idea into a great one. So, that's just some bullshit that put out there and alot of people fed into that bullshit. If a beat or a track sound like it's 30% or even 75%, Dre make that shit sound like 200%. Plus, his mixing is great. Khalil just said in a interview by Complex that the way he had the Kush track originally sounds almost nothing like how Dre finished it and Dre only got credit for the mixing the song. That stealing stuff is bullshit, as far as Dre is concern.