Author Topic: True Crime:Streets of LA For XBOX (GOODBYE GTA!)  (Read 1394 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
True Crime:Streets of LA For XBOX (GOODBYE GTA!)
« on: January 04, 2003, 03:18:59 PM »
There is a new game for XBOX coming out Summer of 2003.  It is called True Crime, and it is the story of an LAPD undercover detective who is caught in the middle of the warring sides of Good and Evil.

True Crime is similar to Grand Theft Auto, but not exactly the same.  The graphics and realism of the game are excellent, and there is a wide-open and VERY detailed Los Angeles.  You can steal a car and go to Beverly Hills, Downtown, Palm Springs, and even South Central!

You have an arsenal of weapons available to you, or you can use updated Hand-To-Hand fighting tactics to beat down anyone you want.  Interacting with the environment is fully available...you can throw bottles or cans, bash people with chairs, and slam an enemy through a wooden table.

I included some screenshots of the game...tell me what you think...

PS: The story line of True Crime is more in-depth and detailed than GTA.  Some game critics are predicting this game to get the "Game of the Year" award...

elneckio

Re:True Crime:Streets of LA For XBOX (GOODBYE GTA!)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 03:27:03 PM »
looks good :)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

EM28

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 03:46:44 PM »
props for that XearO.  Good news.  I'm waiting for that game to drop now.  I love these kinda games

peace

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 03:47:33 PM »
Looks dope

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

bez

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 03:58:18 PM »
looks ok like, dont like amazing or nothing.  

Smooth

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 04:07:25 PM »

word... I'll have to wait before I can believe it will be better then GTA...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 07:14:05 PM »

didnt you bust a nut when they showed the mediocre graphics of Vice City?  This of course looks much better.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 07:46:25 PM »

didnt you bust a nut when they showed the mediocre graphics of Vice City?  This of course looks much better.

Hell yeah...PS2 CANNOT[/u] fuck with XBOX when it comes to graphics...no way no how
« Last Edit: January 04, 2003, 07:47:12 PM by Xear0 »

Sub-Z

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2003, 08:15:20 PM »
its leagues better than GTA graphics wise and story wise,i just hope it better in the gameplay aspect of things

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2003, 11:53:21 PM »
Yeah, game looks tight. It's coming out in tha Summer? That's a long time.. I was hoping like Febuary or March.

It's not an ONLY XBOX game though... it's gonna be on PS2 and I think maybe even Gamecube. So it's ok for you Xbox haters to like it  a little more now. Xbox however, because of it's built in hard drive will be tha only system that will support tha Custom Soundtrack feature, which means you can listen to your own music while driving around tha city. And tha graphics are gonna be much better on tha Xbox, I'm not just sayin that cuz it's on Xbox but I actually read it's gonna look better than it does on other systems.

Another dope thing about tha game is that it covers 400+ Square Miles of authentic L.A city. All tha major streets are supposed to be on there. They said you can buy a real L.A city map and you can use it to get around in tha video game... that just sounds too dope.

Big difference from GTA is that you're an Undercover Cop.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

bez

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2003, 08:31:59 AM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jome

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2003, 05:04:21 PM »
LOL @ goodbye to GTA..

Sub-Z

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2003, 05:21:27 PM »
can you people be any more brainwashed (i guess thats how youd put it lol)  you think GTAs graphics are gods gift tovideogames but u think true crimes are just ok? and you dont think any game can ever be better than the GTA series,vice city is good but that doesnt mean true crim wont be better  ::)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2003, 05:40:15 PM »
LOL @ Jome's comment...

GTA is the only game keeping PS2 in business...plain and simple...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2003, 08:06:21 PM »
looks pretty tight to me....but right now since it comes out in sept 23rd i believe i am waiting on the getaway more than this......and we will see how this game plays out as well....im a huge GTA fan and i do look at these other games as rip offs....but im willing to give them all a chance......but you naturally will like the OG more until you play the rip off.....i dont know if im making any sense....but these two games look tight to me