Author Topic: Is Revenge Retaliation And Get Back the most under-rated West Coast album ever?  (Read 809 times)

Sccit

Nate dogg - music and me

Hell eve, Daz - this is the life I lead

Etc etc etc

LOL..come on, now

BiggBoogaBiff

RAW is easily Daz's best solo album and an under noticed classic from out West.

makavelisimon

• 'G'
I would say RRGB is amazing but only to a death row head, not an outsider at all.  The lack of cohesion made this album so less appealing to promoters and music shoppers.

It had not one real radio friendly song which was played in clubs.  Some can say in california, but that was not played outside of Cali and wasn't spot on the signature DR sound the entire US had come to love.

Daz could have done 100x better if he dropped an album in August of 96 of material recorded up until then  <--As could almost any DR artist at the time (kurupt, Danny, Michelle, Rage, Nate)

Oh NO is my favorite song which I have bumped well over a thousand times at extremely loud volume in the car stereo and a couple of times at partys I drop in a cd with OH No!
It always gets people going crazy and they ask who it is.

btw  What songs on RAW are really from DR, after listening to it countless times I still want confirmation.   I would bet that "It's all about the money" is definitely on DR becuz OH NO is on the intro.  

^and the fact that it's on 2002  :wavey:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:46:47 PM by makavelisimon »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
the whole raw album was done on deathrow...when daz left he took his masters and put it out himself.

OG Hack Wilson

winter albums

dogg food
dogg father
doggy style
gfk ironman
gza iron mic
red man dare iz a darkside

Doggystyle in the winter??????
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
best daz album imo. poorly put together that made it feel like a compilation. but no doubt, a classic deathrow album that overlooked due to the consequences of pac dying, dre and snoop leaving

KrazySumwhat

C-BO - Till my casket drops. 
Yeah thats another one i really got into.
 I didnt like Rages album all that much either. The dj premier tracks were dope though. There were other good songs but i havent heard it in a long time.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Very sleeped on lp..snoop crazy..that lp.went gold...

Mietek23

Not "THE MOST" but "ONE OF THE MOST" underrated  West Coast albums ever. Plus it's the last album with that classic Death Row/G-Funk sound..

KC-HOODSTA

Man there is sooo many dpg dickriders its not even funny. This album is nowhere NEAR a classic. It is a good album but wwwaaaayyy overated by westcoast fans.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Man there is sooo many dpg dickriders its not even funny. This album is nowhere NEAR a classic. It is a good album but wwwaaaayyy overated by westcoast fans.

god bless you...that is so true.

it came out on deathrow and went a little short of platinum. had nation wide distribution how in the fuck was it underrrated? if the chronic is the standard your comparing it to then maybe but then again isnt every hip hop album?

gtfoh

dexter

god bless you...that is so true.

it came out on deathrow and went a little short of platinum. had nation wide distribution how in the fuck was it underrrated? if the chronic is the standard your comparing it to then maybe but then again isnt every hip hop album?

gtfoh
What are the sales

HighEyeCue

I think the album barely went gold

OG Hack Wilson

I think the album barely went gold

without Pac it wouldn't have
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens