Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Detox (2ND MAY 2011) (HMV)  (Read 1703 times)

DetoxIsntAMyth

• 'G'
Re: Dr. Dre - Detox (2ND MAY 2011) (HMV)
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 09:01:03 AM »
I hope so. May 2nd is already a month from now. "Chillin" and "I Need A Doctor" are masterpieces. I can't wait to hear more songs! There's no reason to save your money for other releases.

preach on brutha, some real talk.

and just wait for the final version of chillin! 'who drunk all the liquor tho?' is set to become the most memorable line in hip-hop.

Haha  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
I hope so. May 2nd is already a month from now. "Chillin" and "I Need A Doctor" are masterpieces. I can't wait to hear more songs! There's no reason to save your money for other releases.

preach on brutha, some real talk.

and just wait for the final version of chillin! 'who drunk all the liquor tho?' is set to become the most memorable line in hip-hop.
swizz is the king of hooks

Matty

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »

kendrick says summer. it's clearly not finished, not coming may 2nd, probably not june either.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »

kendrick says summer. it's clearly not finished, not coming may 2nd, probably not june either.
lol the saga continues

love33

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
It's gotta be gettin close.  Common sense tells us they aren't goin to waste all this money on paying radio stations to play "Kush" and "I need a Doctor," The grammy appearances, the Dr. Pepper Commercials, the HP Commercials....if they can't generate enough buzz off all this stuff to where they think it's gonna sell and make them enough money to where they are making a PROFIT, then it will never come out.  It's pretty much now or never.  They can't really drag the buzz out to Christmas to try to get the huge November drop so I'm thinkin if it doesn't drop by September forget about it, shit ain't happenin

Matty

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
It's gotta be gettin close.  Common sense tells us they aren't goin to waste all this money on paying radio stations to play "Kush" and "I need a Doctor," The grammy appearances, the Dr. Pepper Commercials, the HP Commercials....if they can't generate enough buzz off all this stuff to where they think it's gonna sell and make them enough money to where they are making a PROFIT, then it will never come out.  It's pretty much now or never.  They can't really drag the buzz out to Christmas to try to get the huge November drop so I'm thinkin if it doesn't drop by September forget about it, shit ain't happenin

i think the promotion so far, even with the 2 tracks, big budget videos and appearances, it's still just preliminary stuff. reason being the album still isn't finished yet! there's probably some impatience going on behind the scenes and they aint gonna really push it until the music is really done, actual singles set. it'll probably come down to some sort of deadline from the label or just shelving it till next year. bishop, slim the mobster, kendrick, the list goes on. dre will keep going through writers and versions of the album until jimmy sets a final date.

love33

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
i think the promotion so far, even with the 2 tracks, big budget videos and appearances, it's still just preliminary stuff. reason being the album still isn't finished yet! there's probably some impatience going on behind the scenes and they aint gonna really push it until the music is really done, actual singles set. it'll probably come down to some sort of deadline from the label or just shelving it till next year. bishop, slim the mobster, kendrick, the list goes on. dre will keep going through writers and versions of the album until jimmy sets a final date.
If that's the case then it's prob not gonna happen because you and I both know in today's industry people will just download all those singles burn them and play them out in 2-3 weeks then forget about it and move on to the next hot track of the minute.  He's gonna have to make a push right now because his small buzz will die off quick and Dre ain't gettin any younger.  Plus that rumor about someone in Aftermath leaking his music out.  He's gotta make it happen now even Jimmy will get to a point where he realizes that the investment isn't worth the outcome (see Busta Rhymes)