Poll

What did you "witness"?

LeBron played his part, his production was up to par with what i expected.
4 (18.2%)
LeBron lived up to his choke-artist label.
9 (40.9%)
My stance on him has changed, he is no longer on MJ-Magic-Kobe status as far as I'm concerned.
6 (27.3%)
I have always known his true colors and expected him to fold under pressure.
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: What do you think of LeBron's overall performance in the Finals?  (Read 2051 times)

The Watcher

Re: What do you think of LeBron's overall performance in the Finals?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »
lebron checked out yeah, but he was also getting double teamed EVERY time he got the ball. the announcers showed a few slow motion replays of the situations where this happens. when he's being constantly double teamed the dude can only do so much
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
All the Lebron hate has gone too far.   He ethered the Lebron haters last night when he said that quote about them going back to their life and him going back to his.   That shit was the truth.  But people are too caught up in their bandwagon hatred of Lebron to realize it.

I'm not a Lebron fan, and my only beef with Lebron was just that I love Jordan and I don't like anyone being compared to Jordan.  But this shit has gone too far now.  Lebron did the best he could do against a great defensive team that was well coached and had a great scheme against him.  Enough said. 

LOL...come on, dude, u have to be BLIND to not see that the guy has underperformed in the biggest moments of each of his 8 seasons in the league. That LeBron quote is ridiculously egotistical for someone who just sucked ass in the Finals and exactly why he will never live up to the GOATs he's always compared to. Because if one of the GOATs EVER underperformed as bad as LeBron did, they'd be the first to take blame and say "i'm gunna work on my game all summer long so that I dont repeat the same mistakes next year"...LeBron, however, comes across as if he feels like he's already the "King", no matter what, and that it doesn't matter if he wins or not, cuz no matter what, it's never his fault. The guy has no heart, no killer instinct, and no passion, and I'd be really shocked if u truly can't see it, being that u are a huge MJ fan and all.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:14:21 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »
lebron checked out yeah, but he was also getting double teamed EVERY time he got the ball. the announcers showed a few slow motion replays of the situations where this happens. when he's being constantly double teamed the dude can only do so much

the greats of this league have always figured out a way to work around double-teams and win, regardless.....this is a very poor excuse for lebron, u don't average 17 points in the Finals when you're being compared to Jordan, whether ur being double-teamed or not. and also, why does lebron always seem to "check out" when it counts most? u can see that it's mental, because his whole swag changes under pressure...is killer instinct something you're born with or something you can grow to develop? i say you're born with it...it's an inherited characteristic, and the dude just aint got it.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
If that's the case, he should of passed more and upped his assists.
Regular season: 7.0
Finals: 6.8
His assists actually dipped a little bit because he would defer to some else instead of setting them up off the double team.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
When LeBron said, "they hate is going to happen. Tomorrow they'll just wake up & have to go back to the lives they are living", I laughed knowing he was talking about NIK.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
If that's the case, he should of passed more and upped his assists.
Regular season: 7.0
Finals: 6.8
His assists actually dipped a little bit because he would defer to some else instead of setting them up off the double team.

that's also what i was gunna say....a playmakers DREAM is to get double-teamed LOL. I really hope this also puts to rest the Magic comparisons, because those were worse than the Jordan ones.

The Watcher

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »
did you guys watch the game at all? 95% of the time lebron was on the 3pt line. he would get double teamed and pass it to someone else on the 3pt line while the mavs were just crowding the paint. how is he meant to get an assist to someone else standing on the 3pt line? theyre just gonna jack up 3s?

yeah he couldve done more, but the mavs defense was keeping him locked down for the most part. i dont think its so much that lebron checked out rather the mavs defense was just smothering him whenever he touched the ball
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 11:08:30 PM »
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 12:33:33 AM »
did you guys watch the game at all? 95% of the time lebron was on the 3pt line. he would get double teamed and pass it to someone else on the 3pt line while the mavs were just crowding the paint. how is he meant to get an assist to someone else standing on the 3pt line? theyre just gonna jack up 3s?

yeah he couldve done more, but the mavs defense was keeping him locked down for the most part. i dont think its so much that lebron checked out rather the mavs defense was just smothering him whenever he touched the ball

Yeah if this was the first time this happened...but this has been going on for several years now. It's obvious that there is a pattern present.

'EclipZe

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »
Choke-artist.... He wasn't the same player then he was during the celtics and the bulls series. What a quitter, such a shame for such a talented young man.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 01:31:10 AM »
^I wouldn't really call it choking. It's not like me missed huge FTs (ála Wade) or dribbled the ball on his foot and turned it over (ála Wade) or killed it until crunch time began. It's more like he just wasn't quite there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 05:39:05 AM »
I could never imagine this...

He celebrated against Boston like he had just won a ring then he gets to the finals and almost dissapears. I'm a big fan of his game and he's great but if somebody puts him again the same setence as MJ, Magic, Bird... that person is just dumb.

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
^I wouldn't really call it choking. It's not like me missed huge FTs (ála Wade) or dribbled the ball on his foot and turned it over (ála Wade) or killed it until crunch time began. It's more like he just wasn't quite there.

even worse...at least wade tried. lebron was fine being a role player. why are u still backing him up when u saw it first hand....ask ur mav players what they think of lebron.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »

LOL...come on, dude, u have to be BLIND to not see that the guy has underperformed in the biggest moments of each of his 8 seasons in the league. That LeBron quote is ridiculously egotistical for someone who just sucked ass in the Finals and exactly why he will never live up to the GOATs he's always compared to. Because if one of the GOATs EVER underperformed as bad as LeBron did, they'd be the first to take blame and say "i'm gunna work on my game all summer long so that I dont repeat the same mistakes next year"...LeBron, however, comes across as if he feels like he's already the "King", no matter what, and that it doesn't matter if he wins or not, cuz no matter what, it's never his fault. The guy has no heart, no killer instinct, and no passion, and I'd be really shocked if u truly can't see it, being that u are a huge MJ fan and all.

Well, what do you mean by "underperformed".  Because you never considered Lebron to be the best player in the game anyway, so why would you say he "underperformed".  I mean, why not just say that people had too high of expectations for him?

And I don't think he's any more egotistical that Kobe is.  And remember when Kobe got accused of checking out a few years ago?   You defended Kobe then. 

See I never thought Lebron was better than Jordan, or better than Kobe, and now it looks like he's not even the best on his own team.  It seems Wade is better.  Lebron was facing fierce double teams and brilliant zone defense schemes all series.  I think people just had too high of expectations for him.   He's trying to stay positive, not every player thrives off beating themselves up after a tough loss.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »

Well, what do you mean by "underperformed".  Because you never considered Lebron to be the best player in the game anyway, so why would you say he "underperformed".  I mean, why not just say that people had too high of expectations for him?

And I don't think he's any more egotistical that Kobe is.  And remember when Kobe got accused of checking out a few years ago?   You defended Kobe then. 

See I never thought Lebron was better than Jordan, or better than Kobe, and now it looks like he's not even the best on his own team.  It seems Wade is better.  Lebron was facing fierce double teams and brilliant zone defense schemes all series.  I think people just had too high of expectations for him.   He's trying to stay positive, not every player thrives off beating themselves up after a tough loss.

underperformed, meaning he averaged 27 points in the regular season and 17 in the Finals...meaning he doesn't fare well in pressure situations, as history has proven. meaning he doesnt have the tenacity and killer instinct of a kobe, jordan, magic etc...it's pretty simple, dude. the guy is more dominique wilkins than he is michael jordan, and there's nothing wrong with that...it's simply not what everyone, INCLUDING HIMSELF, has made him out to be...remember, he is the SELF-anointed "King"...no one else gave him that title, that's what he thinks of himself as. Only, a true King is a natural born leader and LeBron, obviously, is not. He brought it all on himself...don't forget, just a few months ago he claimed that he would lead the Miami Heat to over 7 championships...the guy is a joke...a talented joke, but for all the hype surrounding him, he is not some special once in a lifetime gift that we are lucky to "witness"...he's just a good basketball player..

as for Kobe, he has every right to be egotistical, because he has already proven that he can deliver...there's a huge difference between being cocky because uv been there and done that and being cocky because everyone is on your nuts, even though you haven't backed it up...besides that, Kobe has NEVER been relegated to role player status, the way LeBron was throughout the whole Finals. those are the comparisons that are annoying as fuck, dawg...two players. one very good. one very great. there is a huge gap between the two, and i dunno what to say if u really cant see that.