Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Damizza Readies New LP & Long Awaited Book (SINGLE with Bishop/Indef)  (Read 388 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=EFplpplFZlGjQNTsNv

http://www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/damizza-mortimerandrandolph/ - DOWNLOAD

<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2011/june/damizza-mortimer_and_randolph-(ft-bishop_lamont-indef)-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=damizza-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2011/june/damizza-mortimer_and_randolph-(ft-bishop_lamont-indef)-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=damizza-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?</a>

EXCLUSIVE: Damizza Readies New LP & Long Awaited Book - By : Rud - June 13, 2011

Damion Young aka Damizza is a name that is long established and ingrained alongside West Coast hip-hop. It’s been a good few months since we last heard from Damizza on Dubcnn, in fact on the solo music tip it’s been almost a year since we dropped his Drama record featuring Los over a Rikanatti production.

We reported last September that Damizza had acknowledged longstanding rumors of a private love affair with music legend Mariah Carey [see; Damizza: Guilty By Association In Stores October 10th] and was set to release the long-awaited book that had been held up by action from Mariah’s attorneys.

The book was delayed again but Damizza just got in touch to say that it is complete, the focus groups have seen it and even Mariah has cast her eye over it. "Mariah read it, she surprisingly asked me to expand [on] some of the material, specifically about meeting up with Michael Jackson in Korea, and since he has now passed, divulging more of my amazing stories and experiences with Michael and the time I spent at Neverland in its heyday. The only thing she asked me to take out was one name, for security reasons; but she was gracious & extremely easy to deal with through the process. I just wanted to give her the space to read it in her [own] time [and] with starting a family, I can understand time constraints. I [want to] thank her for being supportive and offering positive feedback once she saw what it really was and how the press just took their own direction and assumed it would be a nasty tell-all before anyone actually saw it,” explains Damizza.

"I think some of the media are actually pissed that it’s NOT a nasty tell-all! But what do I have to spill about? Damizza went on to say. "Mariah’s great & one of the best singers who will ever take a stage. Like so many of the superstars I worked with, it was nothing but a great experience. What in the hell could I possibly have a grudge for? I’m a fan, too, when it comes down to it — this book is largely about me sharing with other fans the cool stories about what it was like to be in the room making these hits ... making history."

The book will be out soon and Damizza will be giving Dubcnn readers the chance to read exclusive extracts before its official release so stay tuned.

Away from the book with celebrity biographer J. Marshall Craig, Damizza has recently got his music career back into full effect; he recently announced a new album on his Facebook page and has been teasing us with insights into his recent studio time. Today Damizza dropped Dubcnn the exclusive first track from "MCSB" a street single that features Bishop Lamont and Indef entitled "Mortimer & Randolph," produced by Los.

We asked Miz about working on "MCSB" and he exclusively told Dubcnn; "I really enjoyed working with Bishop & Indef on the street single; their creativity is endless. 'MCSB' will be a straight west-coast bangin' album; back to the sound that made us famous. Hard beats and straight raw lyrics. This album is what I always wanted the 'Damizza presents' brand to be, and I finally achieved it with the help of some of the best musicians & artists on the coast. I hope the fans who have been so supportive over the years like the return to that OG Space Funk sound. Working with Los, T-Dre, 'Jedi' Jared Moore & my fellow producers, artists such as Butch Cassidy and Knoc-Turn’ Al, and a host of new writers and talent, was a real learning experience. I'm really proud of this project."

"Mortimer & Randolph" - for which he is looking to shoot a video with Matt Alonzo - can be listened to and downloaded below and will be available on iTunes soon with the album "MCSB" to follow on August 2nd 2011.

Damizza - Mortimer & Randolph (Feat. Bishop Lamont & Indef)

Enjoy the new music, spread the page link to let people know and stay locked to Dubcnn as we will be keeping you posted on "MCSB" over the coming weeks as well as dropping excerpts from "Guilty By Association" - stay tuned! In related news Damizza will be touring Russia and Ukraine later this year as well as completing the United Nations Food Program project announced last year with Bishop Lamont and the Wailers. He also continues as a judge on the online talent search YouBloom with Sir Bob Geldof.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

GangstaBoogy

Not trying yo be funny or anything, but does damizza still produce? Haven't seen his name mentioned much in recent years.

If he is someone post some titles for me. Damizza was a true underdog on the west coast a while back.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mista Rosa

Good to know he's still working with Butch Cassidy. I'll check Damizza's album for sure.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
It sounds like Damizza got scared and cleaned up his book. I mean, just compare this story to what he said last year:

It’s the truth,” Damizza says. “When it comes to the music industry I know how deep the rabbit hole goes ... and I’m taking fans along for the ride. But there’s a lot more to my story than introducing Mariah to Eminem ... it’s the truth of why Dr. Dre’s “Detox” has been in limbo for more than a decade ... it’s how Jay-Z became huge enough to run Def Jam Records ... it’s how I salvaged Janet Jackson’s relationship with radio programmers all over the world. I’m letting loose on how records are made, promoted, leaked, paid off, corrupted, and careers and lives made and destroyed at the whims of ego and corporate corruption. I was there.Source: Dubcnn.com

That's a long shot from what he says now: "this book is largely about me sharing with other fans the cool stories about what it was like to be in the room making these hits ... making history."

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks for the audio
It sounds like Damizza got scared and cleaned up his book. I mean, just compare this story to what he said last year:

It’s the truth,” Damizza says. “When it comes to the music industry I know how deep the rabbit hole goes ... and I’m taking fans along for the ride. But there’s a lot more to my story than introducing Mariah to Eminem ... it’s the truth of why Dr. Dre’s “Detox” has been in limbo for more than a decade ... it’s how Jay-Z became huge enough to run Def Jam Records ... it’s how I salvaged Janet Jackson’s relationship with radio programmers all over the world. I’m letting loose on how records are made, promoted, leaked, paid off, corrupted, and careers and lives made and destroyed at the whims of ego and corporate corruption. I was there.Source: Dubcnn.com

That's a long shot from what he says now: "this book is largely about me sharing with other fans the cool stories about what it was like to be in the room making these hits ... making history."
yeah it seems like he backed down. the book was supposed to come out a few years ago.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I've spoke to Damizza and he hasnt changed a bit...just wait for the excerpts!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I've spoke to Damizza and he hasnt changed a bit...just wait for the excerpts!
ok, but he sounds diplomatic

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
keep the track fb coming

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i'll probably buy the book, if it ever comes out

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
a book ? long awaited ?.....a book ? i knew they're was a reason why he visited Nate Dogg in the hospital. out of all the people that visited Nate, he was the only one who couldnt wait to announce his visit let alone talk about it. Jon B i believe said that no one out side the mediate family should be speaking on Nate's sensitive condition.......

EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

is the album like a compilation wit productions for other artists? thats what i want :)

i hope Damizza doesnt rap on it - my ears shriek, easily one of the worst voices in hiphop ever

Mista Rosa

a book ? long awaited ?.....a book ? i knew they're was a reason why he visited Nate Dogg in the hospital. out of all the people that visited Nate, he was the only one who couldnt wait to announce his visit let alone talk about it. Jon B i believe said that no one out side the mediate family should be speaking on Nate's sensitive condition.......

I feel you but Nate's mom agreed that Damizza updates the fans and gives an address to write to Nate.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Killer cut right there, beat is banging.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

David Gutterman

Portugoal

Not feeling this song too much, but it's Damizza, so I look forward to hearing more music from the project.