Author Topic: 5 years later Ice Cube- Laugh Now Cry Later  (Read 1572 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re: 5 years later Ice Cube- Laugh Now Cry Later
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
One of the best West Coast albums of the 00's

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »
you really think so?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
you really think so?

At least that's a better response than this  :D

My favorite Ice Cube album or at least the one I listen to the most. Has a good combo of club/chill tracks like you have said and can be listenable from front to back.

acgrundy

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »
definitely one of the better albums of the last decade.  Well that actually is an understatement for the album, because music in general has been very crappy the past 10 years or so.

dameons

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
Was a GREAT album .Had bangers from start to finish . Chrome and Paint was top notch , and the video was fantastic . Storch had some heat on here , as well as Buda . His most recent albums pale in comparison .

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »
i always liked this album, still bump it from time to time.. the songs that have really stood time for me are Child Support, Spittin Pollaseeds, Doin What it Pose to Do & Go to Church.

as for it being compared to his other recent albums, it goes Raw Footage > LNCL > Iam the West

sav-man

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
I like it a lot. To me, LNCL has the best balance of all the different "styles" Cube has used over the years w/ his lyrics:

Political/message/attacks on-the-industry songs--"Why We Thugs?", "Child Support," "Laugh Now, Cry Later," "The Nigga Trapp," "Growin' Up," "The Game Lord," "Race Card" (bonus track) and probably the 3rd verse in "Run," another bonus track)
Club banger-type songs--"Smoke Some Weed," "Go To Church," "Steal The Show," and if you got the one w/ the bonus tracks, "Dick Tease" would fall under this category, too
Straight-up gangsta/boasting-type songs--"Stop Snitchin'", "Click-Clack, Get Back!", "Spittin' Pollaseeds," "Holla @Cha Boy," and if you got the bonus tracks, "Pockets Stay Fat" would probably fall in this category, too, as would the first two verses on "Run")
Car/cruising-type songs--"Doin' What it Pose 2 Do" and "Chrome & Paint"
"Picking up women" songs--"You Gotta Lotta That" and probably "Dick Tease" (if you got the bonus tracks) although the first two verses of "Steal The Show" mention females as well).

I can honestly say that there isn't a song on LNCL that I hate or can't get with in some form--I wasn't crazy about the Lil Jon tracks at first, but they've really grown on me. Raw Footage was better lyrically because it had a lot more political content, but the thing about Raw Footage is that the songs on that CD that don't work ("I Got My Locs On," "Do Your Thang," and "Get Used To It," mainly) are so jarring that I almost have to just reprogram the settings on my CD player to skip those three songs--they're so out-of-place compared to the rest of the CD that they mess up the flow when I try to play Raw Footage without skipping them. LOL! Cube should have left those three songs off Raw Footage and substituted "Believe it or Not," "Concrete," and the two Best Buy-only bonus tracks ("Don't Let Me Hurt Your Feelings" and "Crack Baby?") in their place! LOL! Raw Footage has better lyrical content and some great messages like the old Cube CDs did, but on the musical tip, LNCL's production flowed better from song-to-song--all the musical tracks on LNCL sound like they belong together on the same CD.  LNCL was a good comeback for Cube overall, IMHO.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
I like it a lot. To me, LNCL has the best balance of all the different "styles" Cube has used over the years w/ his lyrics:

Political/message/attacks on-the-industry songs--"Why We Thugs?", "Child Support," "Laugh Now, Cry Later," "The Nigga Trapp," "Growin' Up," "The Game Lord," "Race Card" (bonus track) and probably the 3rd verse in "Run," another bonus track)
Club banger-type songs--"Smoke Some Weed," "Go To Church," "Steal The Show," and if you got the one w/ the bonus tracks, "Dick Tease" would fall under this category, too
Straight-up gangsta/boasting-type songs--"Stop Snitchin'", "Click-Clack, Get Back!", "Spittin' Pollaseeds," "Holla @Cha Boy," and if you got the bonus tracks, "Pockets Stay Fat" would probably fall in this category, too, as would the first two verses on "Run")
"Picking up women" songs--"You Gotta Lotta That" and probably "Dick Tease" (if you got the bonus tracks) although the first two verses of "Steal The Show" mention females as well).

I can honestly say that there isn't a song on LNCL that I hate or can't get with in some form--I wasn't crazy about the Lil Jon tracks at first, but they've really grown on me. Raw Footage was better lyrically because it had a lot more political content, but the thing about Raw Footage is that the songs on that CD that don't work ("I Got My Locs On," "Do Your Thang," and "Get Used To It," mainly) are so jarring that I almost have to just reprogram the settings on my CD player to skip those three songs--they're so out-of-place compared to the rest of the CD that they mess up the flow when I try to play Raw Footage without skipping them. LOL! Cube should have left those three songs off Raw Footage and substituted "Believe it or Not," "Concrete," and the two Best Buy-only bonus tracks ("Don't Let Me Hurt Your Feelings" and "Crack Baby?") in their place! LOL! Raw Footage has better lyrical content and some great messages like the old Cube CDs did, but on the musical tip, LNCL's production flowed better from song-to-song--all the musical tracks on LNCL sound like they belong together on the same CD.  LNCL was a good comeback for Cube overall, IMHO.

I agree with this. The best songs on Raw Footage were better off anything on LNCL, but the weak songs didn't belong there at all. LNCL didn't have songs on the same level but was more consistent as an album.

Portugoal

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »
LNCL was an average album to me when it first dropped and I actually listened to this album a month ago. The album is far from wack, but the beats and songs are all over the place. There's not a cohesive sound.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 06:10:52 AM »

I agree with this. The best songs on Raw Footage were better off anything on LNCL, but the weak songs didn't belong there at all. LNCL didn't have songs on the same level but was more consistent as an album.

Agree 100% with both of yoiu.