Author Topic: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....  (Read 1225 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....
« on: June 25, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
Lil B, Odd Future, Kreayshawn, Kendrick Lamar (and the only one shown love here is Kendrick???) Isn't it crazy that: Baaam!!, just like that, after everyone thought there was no hope for the WC, a movement has finally come. The OG's are still doing it, but it's time to pass the torch and the future looks brilliant. These artists have made me care less about Detox as a resurrection of the WC. They've already done it.

westside4life

• 'G'
Re: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
mayne did the news just reach europe or something?? this shit been known for months already and cant no one fuck with our hustle plus dude you forgot to mention U-N-I, jay rock, nipsey hussle, kid ink, cali swag district, pac div and damn fuck all this west/east/south shit, make some hot hiphop shit and we gon fuck with you fuck dividing hip hop

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
This forum never shows love to the new cats so it's no surprise that the thread starter just found about the new west.

The west's also got Far East Movement, Dom Kennedy, The Cataracs, New Boyz and Tyga all doing their thing.

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
^shit you got damn right i aint seen no love for tyga and them, yall go listen to YG and the new boyz them go hard, i seen more love for pac and shit all that old death row stuff but no love for these young'ns they some real talent and make some real hot music

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
mayne did the news just reach europe or something?? this shit been known for months already and cant no one fuck with our hustle plus dude you forgot to mention U-N-I, jay rock, nipsey hussle, kid ink, cali swag district, pac div and damn fuck all this west/east/south shit, make some hot hiphop shit and we gon fuck with you fuck dividing hip hop
Nope, been up on 'em for a minute ;) It's just that it seems Dubcc hardly ever discusses the new. All those dudes that you listed above are NOT on top of the game like the ones I mentioned (and most likely, will never reach the creative and popular status of them). Oh, I'm not from Europe either, :laugh: but it's all good brederin

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »
how the fuck are they not?? they get more raido play out here more then any of the ones youve mentioned, ima fan of lil b and OF but theyre more of an internet sensation, i mean if you only fucks with what the internet tells you then i suggest you step out in the world and see whats really going on

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
Nope, been up on 'em for a minute ;) It's just that it seems Dubcc hardly ever discusses the new. All those dudes that you listed above are NOT on top of the game like the ones I mentioned (and most likely, will never reach the creative and popular status of them). Oh, I'm not from Europe either, :laugh: but it's all good brederin

Since when is selling no albums and not getting airplay in your own state being on top of the game? euros....

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »

Since when is selling no albums and not getting airplay in your own state being on top of the game? euros....
Internet runs shit. You don't have to be too smart to figure that out. I don't see Nipsey, kid ink (who????), or those other dudes getting the notoriety as Lil B, Odd Future, or Kreayshawn. Puffy is all over Lil B and Odd Future's dicks, RZA wants to work with Lil B (already put it down with Kendrick), Kreayshawn signed a million dollar deal with Sony....Fck radio play, it's all about the Internet (worldwide audience/ask Justin Bieber lol). I do wish the rest of the artists listed well, but... :-\

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
do you live in the internet or something?? the ones weve mentioned are getting exposure outside the internet, you know the real world, they gettin spins on the radio and shit matter fact kid ink got over 1,000,000 views on his videos so he gots the internet AND radio, jay rock and nipsey was on XXL's freshmen list, which is not the internet also, cali swag district got your bitch wet and dancing and has nothing to do with the internet

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Sounds like a lot of you have "The West is finally getting shine again" confused with "The West is back on top".

S.J

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Kendrick Lamar is good, and people like Jay Rock, Fashawn, Blu and Nipsey Hussle, but if getting back on top means Lil B and Kreayshawn and similar artists to that then im not sure I want the west coast on top.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
do you live in the internet or something?? the ones weve mentioned are getting exposure outside the internet, you know the real world, they gettin spins on the radio and shit matter fact kid ink got over 1,000,000 views on his videos so he gots the internet AND radio, jay rock and nipsey was on XXL's freshmen list, which is not the internet also, cali swag district got your bitch wet and dancing and has nothing to do with the internet
If you can make it in NY, you can make it anywhere   Oh yeah, Lil B isn't only on the net: Coachella, SXSW, touring and selling out shows all over the map, MTV appearances, XXL Freshman, wrote a book, cookin' dance, resurrected Swag.... Kreayshawn doing it big, too: going to be directing Red Hot Chili Peppers new video. These are signs of potential superstar status.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
What the fuck does resurrected swag mean. Dont how anybody can take that fag lil b seriously

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 01:28:34 PM »
Lil B, Odd Future, Kreayshawn, Kendrick Lamar (and the only one shown love here is Kendrick???) Isn't it crazy that: Baaam!!, just like that, after everyone thought there was no hope for the WC, a movement has finally come. The OG's are still doing it, but it's time to pass the torch and the future looks brilliant. These artists have made me care less about Detox as a resurrection of the WC. They've already done it.

Lil B? lmao  you fucking clown

Horseshoe Gang > any other new west shit
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
What the fuck does resurrected swag mean. Dont how anybody can take that fag lil b seriously
It's kinda like when Snoop resurrected the word "Beeeitch" from Too $hort and it became popular to say that word  ;)