Author Topic: Eminem becomes first artist to sell one million digital albums in the US  (Read 562 times)

HighEyeCue

Album sales, may go a bit higher in near future maybe. I see the old trends of buying albums coming back. I just hope people will leave digital albums. If I had to buy an album, It cant be anything but a hard copy. Im surprised people pay to get a music file.
I just don't see it happening. I love CD's and love buying the hard copy in the store but as a format, it's dying. The more times go by, the more indebted future generations will become to technology. Remember when we used to go into video stores and look through tons of covers with different artwork and synoposises and then pick out a movie? That's been replaced by the "convience" of just grabbing it off instant cable or going to a Redbox kiosk and paying $1 for a selection of less than 50 movies. It's the same with music. People don't want full albums they can listen to for months, they want to load as much music as they can into their I-Pods, give it a few listens and trash the "filler". That's just how it goes.

the I-pod was the beginning of the downfall of the physical CD

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Album sales, may go a bit higher in near future maybe. I see the old trends of buying albums coming back. I just hope people will leave digital albums. If I had to buy an album, It cant be anything but a hard copy. Im surprised people pay to get a music file.

that is so weird to me, why pay for a file that u could lose so easily.

i need to have something for my money!

doggfather

i need to have something for my money!

yes, cd!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The Watcher

being able to lose your collection of mp3s/digital files is quite an achievement these days. most 50-55 year olds know how to back shit up onto a separate hard drive. most of the digital mp3 retailers will also be allowing re-downloading of previously purchased songs in the future

the chances of the hard drive in your computer and the hard drive you're backing shit up to failing at the same time (or even close to it is extremely small, to the point that most people would never see this happen (provided the backup drive is only used for backups)

most digital retailers are now moving towards digital booklets (pdf) with the purchased digital album .. another nail in the coffin of CD's
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

doggfather

you're right, but it's totally different when the cd is in your hand, you can thouch it, smell it.  ;)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
being able to lose your collection of mp3s/digital files is quite an achievement these days. most 50-55 year olds know how to back shit up onto a separate hard drive. most of the digital mp3 retailers will also be allowing re-downloading of previously purchased songs in the future

the chances of the hard drive in your computer and the hard drive you're backing shit up to failing at the same time (or even close to it is extremely small, to the point that most people would never see this happen (provided the backup drive is only used for backups)

most digital retailers are now moving towards digital booklets (pdf) with the purchased digital album .. another nail in the coffin of CD's
itunes already does that