Author Topic: Eminem becomes first artist to sell one million digital albums in the US  (Read 561 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eminem's 2010 album 'Recovery' has become the first LP in the US to sell over one million downloads.

According to figures published by Nielsen SoundScan the rapper's total digital haul now stands at 1,001,000. His overall total including physical sales currently stands at 3.9 million.

Adele is also likely to surpass the rapper next week with her recent album '21', making her the first British artist to score one million album downloads in the US, reports, Billboard.com.

This comes despite the fact that she recently cancelled a series of tour dates in the States after failing to recover from laryngitis.

Adele's album has also sold more copies than any other in the UK this year, according to Official Charts Company figures while her Number One single 'Someone Like You' has sold more than any other single so far.

Since SoundScan began tracking digital album sales in 2005, a total of 12 titles have moved at least 500,000 downloads. But none have reached the one million mark.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Congrats to Em, that's a great achievement
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

damn...who woulda thought a million people would pay 2 download an album back in the og napster/kazaa days? crazy shit.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Album sales, may go a bit higher in near future maybe. I see the old trends of buying albums coming back. I just hope people will leave digital albums. If I had to buy an album, It cant be anything but a hard copy. Im surprised people pay to get a music file.

Blood$

it's because last week they did a special offer and made Recovery available for $5 on Amazon, probably made the sales pass the 1 mill mark

while I'm not a fan of the album, props to Em

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
The first & probably the last artist to do so lol.

HighEyeCue

worldwide its probably alot more

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
recovery is a sick album

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Eminem's 2010 album 'Recovery' has become the first LP in the US to sell over one million downloads.

According to figures published by Nielsen SoundScan the rapper's total digital haul now stands at 1,001,000. His overall total including physical sales currently stands at 3.9 million.

Adele is also likely to surpass the rapper next week with her recent album '21', making her the first British artist to score one million album downloads in the US, reports, Billboard.com.

This comes despite the fact that she recently cancelled a series of tour dates in the States after failing to recover from laryngitis.

Adele's album has also sold more copies than any other in the UK this year, according to Official Charts Company figures while her Number One single 'Someone Like You' has sold more than any other single so far.

Since SoundScan began tracking digital album sales in 2005, a total of 12 titles have moved at least 500,000 downloads. But none have reached the one million mark.

wow, that's crazy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZIzD0ZfTFg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RZIzD0ZfTFg</a>

then again, it was more mainstream friendly than relapse

worldwide its probably alot more
yeah

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
it's because last week they did a special offer and made Recovery available for $5 on Amazon, probably made the sales pass the 1 mill mark

........its funny how NO ONE herd about it going for $5 until after the fact. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Did you read the article? Adeles about to do the same

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

Did you read the article? Adeles about to do the same

No lol.

But props to her too.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
damn...who woulda thought a million people would pay 2 download an album back in the og napster/kazaa days? crazy shit.

I buy some albums digitally every now and then.  Either out of respect for the artist or because I'm too lazy to search for the link, or both.    Like I bought Tyler the Creators album digitally.  And I bought Sticman of Dead Prez album digitally, cause I knew it was a workout album and would be listened to on the ipod anyway.   I bought Gyptian albums digitally.   Also, some singles here and there I've paid for from Amazon.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

Album sales, may go a bit higher in near future maybe. I see the old trends of buying albums coming back. I just hope people will leave digital albums. If I had to buy an album, It cant be anything but a hard copy. Im surprised people pay to get a music file.
I just don't see it happening. I love CD's and love buying the hard copy in the store but as a format, it's dying. The more times go by, the more indebted future generations will become to technology. Remember when we used to go into video stores and look through tons of covers with different artwork and synoposises and then pick out a movie? That's been replaced by the "convience" of just grabbing it off instant cable or going to a Redbox kiosk and paying $1 for a selection of less than 50 movies. It's the same with music. People don't want full albums they can listen to for months, they want to load as much music as they can into their I-Pods, give it a few listens and trash the "filler". That's just how it goes.