Author Topic: I said this a long tme ago...now look wha is goin on  (Read 262 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
I said this a long tme ago...now look wha is goin on
« on: July 12, 2011, 02:27:35 AM »
[The Widow currently has possesion of 10 Master Recordings which RAP-A-LOT contractually owns........

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/ar.../22835946.aspx

Exclusive: Pimp C.'s Wife Responds To Rap-A-Lot Lawsuit Over Masters
Monday, July 11, 2011 12:00 PM | 18 comments
By Jake Crates and Grandmaster Grouchy Greg
Get Alerts (AllHipHop News) The widow of Chad “Pimp C.” Butler is speaking out against a recent lawsuit filed by Rap-A-Lot Records in court, over the late rapper's master recordings.

Rap-A-Lot Records 2K filed the legal action against Chinara Butler on June 17th, claiming that she was withholding 10 master recordings of unreleased material by Pimp C. that the label contractually owns.

The lawsuit was filed after Chinara Butler sent Rap-A-Lot a cease and desist letter regarding the use of Pimp C.'s music, name and likeness for an upcoming album.

In an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com, Chinara Butler broke her silence regarding the Rap-A-Lot lawsuit and the struggles she has experienced since Pimp C. died of sleep apnea and drug use, in December of 2007.

According to Chinara, she is not feeling the selection of music for an upcoming album tentatively titled Still Pimpin' featuring unreleased recordings by Pimp C.

"I want to make sure everyone understands that with those songs and my whole issue is that, I don’t feel like we should try to do something new with Chad’s music, if he didn’t do it," Chinara Butler explained to AllHipHop.com. "To me its not right and clearly I’m not feeling it. Just like the songs, I’m not feeling a lot of the singles."

According to Chinara, lack of communication is one of the reasons the legal actions on both sides have started.

"I think its been about three years or so since we [Rap-A-Lot CEO James Prince] had contact and we got together and we talked about what he wanted to do and what I wanted to do," Chinara Butler said.

The other reason is simple. Butler said she has not received any sort of payment for the upcoming Pimp C. project, which she is also supposed to be be executive producing.

"I’m being sued when you [Rap-A-Lot] are putting out a project and I haven’t even received any money or anything from? I will never amend anything," Chinara Butler told AllHipHop.com. "This is about him [Pimp C.] and all I can do is make him proud and make sure no one tarnishes his legacy, and what he built his whole life…I just think its sad."

Chinara Butler was clear that her issues were strictly business, and had nothing to do with Pimp C.'s rap partner, legendary artist Bun B.

According to Chinara, she is teaming with Bun B.'s wife to host a breast-cancer awareness event later this year.

"Me and Bun’s wife are doing something for breast cancer in October and we have Chad’s event in December," Chinara Butler told AllHipHop.com. "I just have to teach my kids that when times get hard you have to be positive and stand for what you believe in."
/quote]
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2011/07/11/22835946.aspx

and wha is bun doin..waitin on every thing they get from his family to hop on to make it ugk...

pimp family starvin n j tryin 2 hustle..hope she destroy the music...any label that dont respect the dead...smh
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:29:22 AM by 3rd Coast »

Ronny

Re: I said this a long tme ago...now look wha is goin on
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »
JPrince is pussy, hope he loses all the masters!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
Yeah def some bullshit. Why are they not leaving the production from the OG tracks? It's not like 2pac with sample issues.

She needs to leak those masters and then nobody will give RAL a dime for this sheisty shit.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Pac remix albums had no sample issues, just greedy people behind them
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »
Yeah it had nothing to do with samples, afeni just wanted to butcher the music