Author Topic: recycled verses  (Read 670 times)

firingsquad_pooh

• Muthafuckin' OG
recycled verses
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »
what do you think about artist that recycle verses ? i've been working for glasses since he started and not once have he used the same verse twice

Quadruple OG

Re: recycled verses
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:50:39 AM »
Daz Dillinger has a PHD in using recycled verses

2euce 7even

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
2Pac-Untouchable
2Pac-... FOrgot Tha Songs
2Pac- Str8 Ballin
2Pac-Im Gettin Money

doggfather

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »

;D ;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »
dj quik has recycled whole verses be4

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »
Normally it's a bit cheap, but it can be ok...

For example, I think it was fine when RBX recycled a verse from his first album for 'Blunt Time' on Dr Dre's Aftermath compilation,
because it was a dope, unique verse, fit the beat really well, and it was basically putting one of his best verses on a track that
was going to be listened to by a lot more people than it originally was on his first album... so that's just putting your best foot
forward on a project that has a big audience...

Then on the other end of the scale is where a rapper doesn't recycle verses, but pretty much writes the same verse every time...
Like a lot of Snoop's verses aren't the exact same verse, but it's the same flow and the same content and a lot of the same rhymes
(bitch/dick/shit) so it may as well be the same verse because it's boring to hear because it's just a generic version of a thing he keeps doing
(I don't mean every Snoop verse is the same, but a bunch have been in recent times)

So if the rapper is like, "yo, I write a new verse every time!" that only counts if they're doing different things with each verse, if it's
just taking 5 minutes out to rehash the same sort of thing for the millionth time, then it's not much different from recycling the exact same verse...

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »
Usually that shit is wack.. but I like the way Pipe da Snipe did it on "Who Do U Believe In" with the 3rd verse, when they was havin' that conversation like:

[Yeah that was hot Pipe, but you know what I wanna hear, I wanna hear that old verse man, from the last mixtape.. "well what verse man" the one about the hole.. the hole in the end or some.. something like that man "ok, I think I know which way to go"]

http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
First person I thought about when I saw the title was daz lol

Da and his (all day night and all day long, it don't stop it don't quit, etc etc etc). Dude still repeats his old lyrics from the chronic and doggystyle quite frequently.

Nate dogg too, how many times has he resung "I was at the park one day" or "it aint no fun"/"when I met you last night"?

And no need to bring up crooked I and his embarrasing overuse of "they saw crooked I's too laid back, nigga I do raise gats..." / "this niggas never goin broke again picture me poor" verses. Nope I wouldn't dare mention it
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »
WHO MASHES WITH THE CRAZY ILLEST NIGGAS IN TOWN?

dogg pound, (insert other artist) thats my family
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 11:54:20 AM »

And no need to bring up crooked I and his embarrasing overuse of "they saw crooked I's too laid back, nigga I do raise gats..." / "this niggas never goin broke again picture me poor" verses. Nope I wouldn't dare mention it

plus "with a girl in a shower for a hot hour" or something like that
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »

plus "with a girl in a shower for a hot hour" or something like that

I haven't heard Crooked use those rhymes on anything since he was on Death Row back from 2002-2004 or whatever it was
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
Crooked just recycled his whole "umbrella HHW verse" on a recent song.. dont remember the name.. i think it was on Planet COB vol2
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
He also "spends major loot on khaki suits".

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »
It can work at times

Kurupt recycled a couple of verses he had on Pac tracks to make Loc'd out Hood 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 04:06:17 PM »
Yeah crooked I hasn't recycled that verse since 04 but he used those verses on literally about 6 different songs
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"