Author Topic: Producers that can compare to Dre when it comes to having a knack for SOUND?  (Read 1231 times)

Sccit

don juan, phonk beta, brotha lynch, seven, sicx=a few more hella underrated producers.

Matty

Ill pick one of dre's protoges.  Mike elizondo.....the work he did with maroon 5 fiona apple and carrie underwood was phenomenal

yeah that maroon 5 material in particular is crazy, the mixing and way it bumps is immense. mike really has a handle on sound. mark batson is great too 8)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Khayree=most underrated produced of all time

And Stoupe.

Hack Wilson - real

Esham  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

what's paradoxical is even though i love Mac Dre's early stuff with Khayree (especially the Young Black Brotha EP), I think Stupid Doo Doo Dumb is his best album.

My opinion of Khayree was that he was making all this crazy live instrumental production for rappers who didn't really need it. Dre and Mall really only needed basic funk samples to spit that macking shit. Would've been cool if he had expanded the range of artists he worked with.

Sccit

Mr. Swerve

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
I would definitely put Beats by the pound AKA The Medicine Men on top of the list :)

The fact that they could put out that amount of records with no or hardly any effort at all....and all going gold and platinum is an accomplishment.