Author Topic: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete  (Read 1470 times)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 05:09:33 PM »
Wow, going from Aftermath/Interscope to Cash Money??? Is that a fuckin joke? I know he doesn't like all the bullshit with Interscope (which we still don't even know if he's on them or Geffen) That would seriously be the end of his career if he even has one after this last album. I'm sorry, but I watched this guy go from the top of the rap world in '05, as probably my favorite rapper with some of the greatest shit around, to this trash he's been making lately, and these retarded decisions he's been making, and it's actually pretty fucked up to see that all happen.

This post is just laughable. Nr 1, Geffen and Interscope is the same thing. It's the same damn label with the same staff just different names, they're both ran by Jimmy Iovine and he was MOVED there due to the beef with G-Unit. 2nd, Cash Money is owned by Universal Music Group, which Game has distrubution with ever since he first came out so it wouldn't be that big of a difference with the exception of the music (maybe!). 3rd, how do you know that his career would go down? Because less than 20 Dubcnn members say so? Also, if you read the shit he mentioned that him signing with them might give him a label deal for BWS (Which is highly possible considering Menace just signed with Cash Money too).

Unless it effects his music i can't be bad. Because you know his popularity/relevance will only rocket because of his affiliation. But of course that's not something Dubcnn members want, they want West Coast artist to blow up without blowing up, relevant without being relevant and just be popular while signing a record deal with the local corner store and dropping g-funk music like it's 1994 again.

Ps: No i'm not a Cash Money/Young Money fan but i'm looking at it from a business perspective.

1 - They aren't the same thing, but are basically sister labels as you've said, but what I was saying (as i've described in the other thread) is that if he's not on Aftermath, not only is he a liar, his music will lack, as it has been since The Documentary (and before anyone cries about that comment, I personally think that was his best work, and as good as some of his shit has been since then, most doesn't even compare). And moving to Cash Money? Not only will the music suffer even more, but who the fuck in his position would make that move? I mean, disagree all you want but Aftermath is pretty much the top of the line when it comes to Hip Hop labels, like it or not. The only thing out of that is that your music will be guaranteed released, whereas being on Aftermath it won't. Still, for his sake, he is a big enough name for his shit to be released, so I don't get this move.

2 - With the exception of the music?? Isn't that what we're all even here for??? Back in late '09 when he claimed he was back with Aftermath and working with Dre and going to be making a follow up to his first Aftermath album, we were all hyped. He said Dre was going to be executive producing it like The Documentary, the biggest producers and features in the game will be there, and all that. I don't know how long you've been a Game fan for, but if you were a fan since at least '05 then I can't understand at all how you would think he is still on that same level (which I am going to assume from all these defense posts).

3 - In terms of Game, it's not just dubcc, almost everyone i've talked to, most comments on the entire internet, all seem to be saying the same shit, while maybe not as harsh. You're looking at it from a business perspective, but even that won't make up for the fact that his music will be at an all time low (think Poppin' Bottles or whatever the fuck it was called) from a FAN's perspective.

DUMB TYME

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
lol game stays dick riding and wanting to be relevant

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »
Wow, going from Aftermath/Interscope to Cash Money??? Is that a fuckin joke? I know he doesn't like all the bullshit with Interscope (which we still don't even know if he's on them or Geffen) That would seriously be the end of his career if he even has one after this last album. I'm sorry, but I watched this guy go from the top of the rap world in '05, as probably my favorite rapper with some of the greatest shit around, to this trash he's been making lately, and these retarded decisions he's been making, and it's actually pretty fucked up to see that all happen.

This post is just laughable. Nr 1, Geffen and Interscope is the same thing. It's the same damn label with the same staff just different names, they're both ran by Jimmy Iovine and he was MOVED there due to the beef with G-Unit. 2nd, Cash Money is owned by Universal Music Group, which Game has distrubution with ever since he first came out so it wouldn't be that big of a difference with the exception of the music (maybe!). 3rd, how do you know that his career would go down? Because less than 20 Dubcnn members say so? Also, if you read the shit he mentioned that him signing with them might give him a label deal for BWS (Which is highly possible considering Menace just signed with Cash Money too).

Unless it effects his music i can't be bad. Because you know his popularity/relevance will only rocket because of his affiliation. But of course that's not something Dubcnn members want, they want West Coast artist to blow up without blowing up, relevant without being relevant and just be popular while signing a record deal with the local corner store and dropping g-funk music like it's 1994 again.

Ps: No i'm not a Cash Money/Young Money fan but i'm looking at it from a business perspective.

1 - They aren't the same thing, but are basically sister labels as you've said, but what I was saying (as i've described in the other thread) is that if he's not on Aftermath, not only is he a liar, his music will lack, as it has been since The Documentary (and before anyone cries about that comment, I personally think that was his best work, and as good as some of his shit has been since then, most doesn't even compare). And moving to Cash Money? Not only will the music suffer even more, but who the fuck in his position would make that move? I mean, disagree all you want but Aftermath is pretty much the top of the line when it comes to Hip Hop labels, like it or not. The only thing out of that is that your music will be guaranteed released, whereas being on Aftermath it won't. Still, for his sake, he is a big enough name for his shit to be released, so I don't get this move.

2 - With the exception of the music?? Isn't that what we're all even here for??? Back in late '09 when he claimed he was back with Aftermath and working with Dre and going to be making a follow up to his first Aftermath album, we were all hyped. He said Dre was going to be executive producing it like The Documentary, the biggest producers and features in the game will be there, and all that. I don't know how long you've been a Game fan for, but if you were a fan since at least '05 then I can't understand at all how you would think he is still on that same level (which I am going to assume from all these defense posts).

3 - In terms of Game, it's not just dubcc, almost everyone i've talked to, most comments on the entire internet, all seem to be saying the same shit, while maybe not as harsh. You're looking at it from a business perspective, but even that won't make up for the fact that his music will be at an all time low (think Poppin' Bottles or whatever the fuck it was called) from a FAN's perspective.

Exactly what Im sayin
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »
First off Game's 5 Album deal with Interscope is almost done. Now that R.E.D. has been mixed down and sequenced and will be put out in a few weeks, hes left with one last album on that label and then his contract will obligations will be finished. For him to start a deal with BWS to be on Cash Money and then himself following the last album could end up being something good.

We know that Cash Money has signed Cool & Dre as official in house producers and we know that Game is real tight with Cool & Dre and the Cash Money camp. So I dont think being on that label means his music will be influenced by southern style anymore than it is now. Game makes great music with those producers. Being on that label doenst mean he wont be able to work with other producers anymore. He can still get it in with guys like JR & Dr. Dre, the budget may not be gigantic like on Interscope but lets be honest, Game hasnt had a giant budget in a few years now anyway and still manages to get great producers on his records cause he has good relationships with them. So it might now be bad. What other options would he have? Def Jam? Fuck Def Jam they are a bad version of Interscope, all the drama with half the budget. Capitol? They dont have a hiphop roster anymore and they are a dying label anyway. Warner continues to dump all of its hip hop acts as well. Cash Money is the best place for him to be.

And to that fucking retard who said Geffen and Interscope are different labels...your a fucking ignorant moron. Interscope Records is the label and Geffen Records is a imprint on Interscope. Same as Aftermath is an imprint on Interscope, and Shady Records AND Konvict Music.. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT THE INTERSCOPE UMBRELLA. Dont speak on shit you dont know anything about.

Lastly I dont see Game resigning with Interscope because its obvious he is sick of their label politics.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
First off Game's 5 Album deal with Interscope is almost done. Now that R.E.D. has been mixed down and sequenced and will be put out in a few weeks, hes left with one last album on that label and then his contract will obligations will be finished. For him to start a deal with BWS to be on Cash Money and then himself following the last album could end up being something good.

We know that Cash Money has signed Cool & Dre as official in house producers and we know that Game is real tight with Cool & Dre and the Cash Money camp. So I dont think being on that label means his music will be influenced by southern style anymore than it is now. Game makes great music with those producers. Being on that label doenst mean he wont be able to work with other producers anymore. He can still get it in with guys like JR & Dr. Dre, the budget may not be gigantic like on Interscope but lets be honest, Game hasnt had a giant budget in a few years now anyway and still manages to get great producers on his records cause he has good relationships with them. So it might now be bad. What other options would he have? Def Jam? Fuck Def Jam they are a bad version of Interscope, all the drama with half the budget. Capitol? They dont have a hiphop roster anymore and they are a dying label anyway. Warner continues to dump all of its hip hop acts as well. Cash Money is the best place for him to be.

And to that fucking retard who said Geffen and Interscope are different labels...your a fucking ignorant moron. Interscope Records is the label and Geffen Records is a imprint on Interscope. Same as Aftermath is an imprint on Interscope, and Shady Records AND Konvict Music.. THATS WHY THEY CALL IT THE INTERSCOPE UMBRELLA. Dont speak on shit you dont know anything about.

Lastly I dont see Game resigning with Interscope because its obvious he is sick of their label politics.

Word. SMH @ some of these dudes in here.

I'm not even a fan of the whole Young Money or Cash Money label but these dudes be saying the dumbest shit.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
And interscope is owned by universal

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »

Eactly. All these fucking labels sit underneath Universal Music Group. Damn near whole industry is a Universal monopoly. If you think about it hes not really going anywhere. Just different logos on the cd.

Here is the wiki page for UMG. This way all these morons can see how this all works http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Universal_Music_Group_labels
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:17:44 PM by xxrayrayxx »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Portugoal

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »
Cash Money is a good label. Birdman is rich as fuck, n brakes bread wit the artists jus like Master P did. never heard any complaints about em

Well, B.G. left cause of money issues. I think that was the reason why Juvenile left too.

I haven't been keeping up with Cash Money much after Mannie Fresh left, but before that every single one of them left because of money issues. Hell, Lil Wayne didn't even get royalties until Jay-Z wanted to sign him.

Fire Box

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 08:39:04 PM »
We'll see.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

Eactly. All these fucking labels sit underneath Universal Music Group. Damn near whole industry is a Universal monopoly. If you think about it hes not really going anywhere. Just different logos on the cd.

Here is the wiki page for UMG. This way all these morons can see how this all works http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Universal_Music_Group_labels

Universal -> Interscope -> Aftermath
                                   -> G-Unit
                                   -> Shady

I never fuckin said Interscope and Geffen are completely different labels, I said they aren't the SAME label as people are making it seem like it's the same thing with a different name. Geffen is part of the triple Interscope/Geffen/A&M and that's who distributes for them as well. One is an imprint, STILL A CONSIDERED FUCKING LABEL, the other is the Major. You can't call that the SAME label even if they are owned and operated by the same people. That's pretty much like saying Aftermath and Interscope are the same label which is fucking retarded. And they DO operate differently. But of course you will still make it seem as if i'm saying something else. And not to sound like a cynical asshole, but I've actually dealt with labels and done courses on music business, but I guess i'm just "talking about shit I know nothing about".

The fact of the matter is once he leaves Aftermath (if he is even on them in the first place) the music will be released, but it will be shit. Why? Because it's a different fucking label.

h2k4

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »
Sounds like a good move to me.  Not surprising though.  There's been plenty of talks about it and even shirts with the "YMCMBWS" logo on it.  Plus, as someone else said, it looks like Menace is heading over there. 

Everyone was crying about how Game isn't signing BWS to a label and then there's talks of it and it's still getting hated on.  Game is an established artist.  I highly doubt Baby and Wayne can influence Game's style.  He'll still be able to get the same producers as he has been.  He still has 1500 or Nothin as in-house producers (I think).  Nothing is going to change except that it will be easier for him to release an album.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
Cash Money is a good label. Birdman is rich as fuck, n brakes bread wit the artists jus like Master P did. never heard any complaints about em

a lot of producers and rappers have accused master p and birdman of being not loyal with them...

Quote from: Okka link=topic=270725.msg2735791#msg2735791 date=131171393
[quote author=Michael Madsen link=topic=270725.msg2735659#msg2735659 date=1311700613

Well, B.G. left cause of money issues. I think that was the reason why Juvenile left too.
[/quote]

mannie fresh left for the same reason....
birdman and (especially) his brother slim are two shady individuals, not better than J.Prince in my opinion (they just have more money).

3. This guy cried for years how he missed Dre & his productions & when he finally got back with Aftermath he was buggin' out & shit. Now he's looking to get off? Doesn't make sense.

doesn't make sense like most of his moves, this guy is fucking bipolar
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:01:19 PM by EL »
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »
I haven't been keeping up with Cash Money much after Mannie Fresh left, but before that every single one of them left because of money issues. Hell, Lil Wayne didn't even get royalties until Jay-Z wanted to sign him.
It trips me out that there have been so many people with money issues (especially artists like Juvie and BG, both of whom had platinum/multi-platinum albums) while Birdman is spending money like it's gonna rot.  He blew $2 million on his Bugatti Veyron (which doesn't even look nice since it's meant to be a two-tone car, but of course he wanted his in all red), plus he lost the $2 million that he put on the Heat winning the finals.  And then he was also talking about putting $10 million on Mayweather beating Pacquiao (if the fight ever happens), but that's a lot of money to anyone, even billionaires, especially for something that isn't a sure bet.

Suge may have fucked people over for money, but he wasn't being flashy with the money he held back on that kind of level.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
one day the williams brother will be broke, or in jail, hopefully.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
It takes a special kind of asshole to make million dollar bets while producers are suing you over unpaid royalties