Author Topic: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete  (Read 1466 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »
Game's only chance of being somewhat relevant these days is if he had Weezy and Nicki and the rest of Young Money on the album so that is probably his mindset

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
This would be disappointing.  Cash Money turned into a gay love fest when B.G., Juvenile, Turk and Mannie Fresh bounced out.  They were on their way to being just another declining empire like Death Row, No Limit, Bad Boy, etc., except that they happened to catch lightning in a bottle with Wayne, who I think is basically garbage and was better going back a few years up to the Carter II.

The Cash Money discography the last 5 or 6 years has been terrible.  It's been a Wayne album, then a Birdman album, a Wayne and Birdman collabo, a couple Greatest Hits compilations, Teena Marie... just... ugh.

Cash Money is really nothing but a parent company.  YOUNG MONEY is the only thing that fans want to hear.  Baby is the only artist that is exclusively Cash Money ha ha.  Everyone else is Young Money.  And if Wayne didn't get hot and wasn't making Baby millions, he'd be cheating him too just like he did all the older artists. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
^ could these hatred have anything to do with Cash Money somehow still being relevant while No Limit is just a bad memory?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

bouli77

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 01:41:27 AM »
^ could these hatred have anything to do with Cash Money somehow still being relevant while No Limit is just a bad memory?

this is not hate (except the part about wayne being garbage), all facts. Cash Money were lucky enough to see Lil Wayne blow up like that. and nowadays Young Money is the only active part of Cash Money.

signing to cash money only allows you to be more visible, but then you have to put your music out or you might fall into oblivion. and Cash Money has been terrible when it comes to releasing people's music. look at TQ, Glasses Malone, Bow Wow.

not to mention how shady Birdman and his brother are. but I doubt this is true though, if DPG were turned down because they were asking for too much money when they were about to sign to Cash Money, I doubt they'll be willing to get Game considering he's probably going to ask for even more money (even though he has a platinum status that dpg no longer had in 07-08).

Eddz

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:30 AM »
I don't blame Game wanting to hook up and join a crew. Game's been riding solo since G-Unit and probably want the support of a crew/record label and there aint many labels/ crews bigger than Cash Money at the moment.

And I'm not a Cash Money fan.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »

Nope, legitimately think Wayne is garbage starting with the Carter III.  Anybody who's been listening to Wayne his whole career can easily see drastic changes beginning with that album.  And no, that's my honest assessment of Cash Money and I used to have every Cash Money CD that came out up until the recent years when everybody started to bounce.  And No Limit will never be a "bad" memory.  And I am completely right that Baby was lucky Wayne blew up.  These are the facts.  Facts dictate that if Wayne didn't blow up, Cash Money would be on E1 instead of Universal.  Baby hit the lotto.  Ok, I shouldn't say facts because it's all wild speculation but you get it ha ha.  And yes, Baby did screw everybody and their mom out of money.  He'd cheat his granny out of paper if he had the chance.  He's a grimey ass businessman and nobody except Wayne has a single good thing to say about the guy ha ha.  That's why it'd be a bad move for Game's career. 

Portugoal

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:33 AM »
Facts dictate that if Wayne didn't blow up, Cash Money would be on E1 instead of Universal. 
They signed the deal with Universal in 02 or 03. That was before Wayne blew the fuck up; it was around the time 500 Degreez & Hood Rich came out.

Fact is that Cash Money was a dying label, but they (whoever 'they' may be) did something magical when Mannie Fresh left. One of Mannie's worst songs ever became a huge hit (Go DJ), then Mannie left and that is when Wayne becane more succesful with pretty much each single.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:49 AM »
Your facts are way off base. Cash money signed to universal in 1998 and have been with them since.

400 degreez , juveniles album sold four million copies and is still the labels biggest success. Juvenile has sold a lots more records then Wayne has

Even at thier worst they were still releasing gold albums consistently,

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2011, 01:52:51 AM »
I don't blame Game wanting to hook up and join a crew. Game's been riding solo since G-Unit and probably want the support of a crew/record label and there aint many labels/ crews bigger than Cash Money at the moment.

And I'm not a Cash Money fan.

This post backs up how much of a joke black wall street is

Portugoal

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2011, 02:11:36 AM »
Your facts are way off base. Cash money signed to universal in 1998 and have been with them since.

400 degreez , juveniles album sold four million copies and is still the labels biggest success. Juvenile has sold a lots more records then Wayne has

Let me rephrase it: The $10.000.000 deal with Universal came to work in 02 or 03.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »
And they signed a 30 million dollar deal with them in 98.

Portugoal

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 04:48:41 AM »
And they signed a 30 million dollar deal with them in 98.
::)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 08:45:39 AM »
Wayne will finally have his "hood pass" in all the blood areas of los angeles  :rock:
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 09:14:23 AM »

Facts aren't way off base.  Just didn't realize I had to run down the entire history of Cash Money and Universal Records to do a simple post of my opinion of why Game being on Cash Money would be disappointing.  And yes, I know Cash Money signed to Universal back in the late 90's.  However, success dictates whether Universal would ultimately decide to continue to go through with the rest of the contract, because other than paying Cash Money what they're obligated to, they don't have to let Cash Money put records out and can end the contract early if deemed necessary (they did it with other artists in the same time period including No Limit who was signed to Universal simultaneously with Cash Money in the early 2000's).  Remember, Wayne started out as a platinum artist and then sales declined on every record.  Go DJ came out and changed that, but Wayne still wasn't able to break Gold status till the Carter 2.

And no, at their worst, they weren't consistently putting out Gold albums, BUT WAYNE WAS.  2004 to present, Wayne was the only guy on Cash Money that ever hit Gold again, then Wayne blew up to multi-platinum status, Baby stopped putting out anyone's shit buy Wayne's (understandably) and Wayne created Young Money which in turn created Baby a lot of money and all the hits, gold, platinum they're all under Wayne.

It'd be like Dre not being able to do anything with Aftermath's artists, but maybe back in the day if all the Gold/Platinum artists were tied to G-Unit.  (And since I know people will misconstrue what I said and say I don't know my Aftermath history, I will explicitly state this is a hypothetical).  But it's the same situation.  Next time I'll realize if I want to post on something I'll have my rap dictionary out  ::)

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »
Wayne will finally have his "hood pass" in all the blood areas of los angeles  :rock:
It reminds me of when Mack 10 signed to Cash Money, then all of a sudden in the "Do the Damn Thang" video everyone on Cash Money was dressed in red from head to toe.  This is going to be even worse.