Author Topic: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete  (Read 1467 times)

SCB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.defsounds.com/hip-hop-news/game-to-join-cash-money-after-deal-with-interscope-is-complete/?utm_medium=twitter

Back in June a word was spreading that Compton rapper Game inked a deal to bring BWS to YMCMB, although at the time the rumor was not true, seemingly in the future the rumor will become reality.

In a interview with XXL, Game says he speaks to Birdman everyday, and has been in good with the Cash Money CEO before the release of his debut album The Documentary, and he is hoping to bring his talents to the YMCMB camp after his deal is finalized with Interscope, and he will owe the label one more album after he releases R.E.D.

“We been playing with the idea of going over to Cash Money or trying to marry that and Black Wall Street.”

Game added:

“So, we’ll figure it out before the end of the day. I definitely think that’s where I’ll probably end up. Cause they winning, they want to win and I been winning and want to continue to win.”

Game’s new album R.E.D hits stores on August 23rd.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:33:12 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Game to join Cash Money after deal with Interscope is complete
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:56:34 AM »
best place for any artist if you dont get one of babys dodgy deals, put your album out whenever the fuck you want to put it out

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »
So on his cash money album we can expect features from Gudda Gudda, Twist, Minaj etc..  ::)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:27 AM »
So on his cash money album we can expect features from Gudda Gudda, Twist, Minaj etc..  ::)
Doubt it dont think ay of them are on malones album

CRAIGnice

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40:36 AM »
hmmm...dont kno how i feel about this...i hate all of young money music wise
Hip-Hop-N-NBA All Day

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
that whole labels going to be full of fake bloodz
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »
that whole labels going to be full of fake bloodz

;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
Cash Money is a good label. Birdman is rich as fuck, n brakes bread wit the artists jus like Master P did. never heard any complaints about em, except Teena Marie who said they didnt push R&B well over there.
i remmebr Dogg Pound were goin to reales the "West Coast aftershock"-album over there, but Birdman & Slim couldnt come up wit the all of the requested cash at d end of the day

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:22 AM »
Wow, going from Aftermath/Interscope to Cash Money??? Is that a fuckin joke? I know he doesn't like all the bullshit with Interscope (which we still don't even know if he's on them or Geffen) That would seriously be the end of his career if he even has one after this last album. I'm sorry, but I watched this guy go from the top of the rap world in '05, as probably my favorite rapper with some of the greatest shit around, to this trash he's been making lately, and these retarded decisions he's been making, and it's actually pretty fucked up to see that all happen.

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »
I don't think this is good move, he was goood on Aftermath/Interscope plus Cash Money got only fake artists, yeah I know they'll put out your stuff in time and not pushing it back by years, but Aftermah got DRE who has lot of money, only he's a perfectionist but make your album go platinum+. I hope R.E.D. will go platinum & Game changes his mind.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »
Cash Money is a good label. Birdman is rich as fuck, n brakes bread wit the artists jus like Master P did.
Huh? LOL. Drake, Lil Wayne & Nicki Minaj are getting bread "broke" because they're really popular. Ask those other dudes over there. Heck, ask any former Cash Money artist how they were treated (Mannie Fresh, TQ, Juvenile, B.G, etc) They all left for a reason
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
Cash Money is a good label. Birdman is rich as fuck, n brakes bread wit the artists jus like Master P did.
Huh? LOL. Drake, Lil Wayne & Nicki Minaj are getting bread "broke" because they're really popular. Ask those other dudes over there. Heck, ask any former Cash Money artist how they were treated (Mannie Fresh, TQ, Juvenile, B.G, etc) They all left for a reason

dont think so.
Glasses Malone caked up like a mudauca over there
dunno the story wit TQ tho

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
I saw this deal coming a mile away.

Its dope from a getting your album released whenever / more exposure standpoint. But sucks because Game needs structure, he'd have too much freedom over there and I can see him trying too hard to be a southern artist.

We shall see.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:36:16 AM »
I think this would be a good move, might get him focused.

Wouldnt be for a while if he still has another album after red he needs to put out before he can go.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
Wow, going from Aftermath/Interscope to Cash Money??? Is that a fuckin joke? I know he doesn't like all the bullshit with Interscope (which we still don't even know if he's on them or Geffen) That would seriously be the end of his career if he even has one after this last album. I'm sorry, but I watched this guy go from the top of the rap world in '05, as probably my favorite rapper with some of the greatest shit around, to this trash he's been making lately, and these retarded decisions he's been making, and it's actually pretty fucked up to see that all happen.

This post is just laughable. Nr 1, Geffen and Interscope is the same thing. It's the same damn label with the same staff just different names, they're both ran by Jimmy Iovine and he was MOVED there due to the beef with G-Unit. 2nd, Cash Money is owned by Universal Music Group, which Game has distrubution with ever since he first came out so it wouldn't be that big of a difference with the exception of the music (maybe!). 3rd, how do you know that his career would go down? Because less than 20 Dubcnn members say so? Also, if you read the shit he mentioned that him signing with them might give him a label deal for BWS (Which is highly possible considering Menace just signed with Cash Money too).

Unless it effects his music i can't be bad. Because you know his popularity/relevance will only rocket because of his affiliation. But of course that's not something Dubcnn members want, they want West Coast artist to blow up without blowing up, relevant without being relevant and just be popular while signing a record deal with the local corner store and dropping g-funk music like it's 1994 again.

Ps: No i'm not a Cash Money/Young Money fan but i'm looking at it from a business perspective.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:44:54 AM by PhunkyDoob »