Author Topic: Soopafly Confirms Working On Dr. Dre's "Detox"  (Read 1584 times)

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
Soopafly Confirms Working On Dr. Dre's "Detox"
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
The onetime Dogg Pound member and keyboardist for "Natural Born Killaz" adds on the growing list of new and familiar contributors.

Dr. Dre's forthcoming third solo studio album Detox has been in the making for a decade. The Aftermath/Interscope Records release has reportedly included numerous personnel from earlier parts of Dr. Dre's career, including Sir Jinx, DJ Quik, The D.O.C. and others. Another name can be added to this growing list. Today, a press statement from emcee/producer Soopafly confirmed that the Long Beach, California veteran is also contributing to Detox sessions.

"I'm in studio working with Dr. Dre again. Making sure this Detox sound got my imprint on it too. You won't be disappointed,” said Soopafly in a press statement.

A onetime member of Tha Dogg Pound, Soopafly began his career playing keyboards for Death Row Records hits such as "Natural Born Killaz" by Dre and Ice Cube. Burgeoning into emcee and producer, Soopafly stayed at the label that Dre co-founded to the early '00s, after his solo debut, Like It Or Not was shelved indefinitely. On August 30, Soopafly will release his third solo album, Best Kept Secret, on his own Fly2K Records imprint.

Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16341/title.soopafly-confirms-working-on-dr-dres-detox

DRE's starting to have the right people around him ;D

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Soopafly Confirms Working On Dr. Dre's "Detox"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
Everyone and their mother have said they've been working on Detox. Shit means nothing if Dre doesn't speak on it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:38:16 AM »
Everyone and their mother have said they've been working on Detox. Shit means nothing if Dre doesn't speak on it.

exactly.  and 4 all we know since Soopa put Dre on the spot in the Doggisode that's the only reason y Dre put him in the studio with him.  niggaz be lookin' mad lame nowadays with this "detox" bullshit.

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
Better question is: Who HASN'T worked on Detox?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »

+100.  Follow up question:  "why should people still care about Detox after all of these years?"

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

+100.  Follow up question:  "why should people still care about Detox after all of these years?"

Because ONLY Dre can save us ;D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:30:54 PM »
I actually wrote a verse for Detox.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 02:14:18 PM »
Daz Dillinger. Now, that's one collabo I would love to see happen again on the production tip bcuz they have created some classics together along with Warren G. That would be dope.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »
If there is one track where Soopafly is credited at all, I'll be surprised.

Then again, as much as DOC has been involved, I doubt we'll see him credited much.

If Dre was smart, yes, he would have DOC doing lyrics, somebody like Soopafly on keyboards, and a few old school friends on it. For the record I dont think Warren G, Daz, or a few others should be on there. Face it, Warren and Daz have fell the fuck off. Honestly the only people from the Death Row days that should be involved are Snoop, DOC (writing), Soopafly (keys), Kurupt, Nate (if they could make it work without it being dumb) and maybe hit up RBX and Rage each for a verse. Then you also got Eminem, who deserves to be there, and then you probably got Jay-Z and the Game and hopefully they could  leave it at that. No Weezy, no Swizz Beatz, no garbage.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »
If there is one track where Soopafly is credited at all, I'll be surprised.

Then again, as much as DOC has been involved, I doubt we'll see him credited much.

If Dre was smart, yes, he would have DOC doing lyrics, somebody like Soopafly on keyboards, and a few old school friends on it. For the record I dont think Warren G, Daz, or a few others should be on there. Face it, Warren and Daz have fell the fuck off. Honestly the only people from the Death Row days that should be involved are Snoop, DOC (writing), Soopafly (keys), Kurupt, Nate (if they could make it work without it being dumb) and maybe hit up RBX and Rage each for a verse. Then you also got Eminem, who deserves to be there, and then you probably got Jay-Z and the Game and hopefully they could  leave it at that. No Weezy, no Swizz Beatz, no garbage.

nate dogg is dead.

but kush, i need a doctor are fucking whack, they need to be scrapped

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
How did Soopafly put Dre on the spot in that video?

love33

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »
Dre's lookin for a new co-producer in Soopafly.  If he goes with him, this could mean a more G-Funk/West geared direction of the album since that is what Fly usually produces.  As far as the author of the article, Soopafly was never an official member of Tha Dogg Pound.  He's in the DPG clique, but 'Tha Dogg Pound' is Daz & Kurupt, so you have to question the credibility of the article right off the bat since they don't even know who Tha Dogg Pound really is.

Also, the reason Daz and Dre will probably never work together roots back to that 1996 beef with Pac and Dre where Dre was takin credit for producing tracks that Daz produced and he told Pac about it and it made Pac boil.  Dre really is the one in this situation that hasn't been able to forgive Daz and he has just ignored him.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »

+100.  Follow up question:  "why should people still care about Detox after all of these years?"

Because ONLY Dre can save us ;D

If I Need A Doctor is saving us then hip hop truly is dead  :-X

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »
in a recent video dre clearly speaks of working together.

but nothing has changed since the album has no release date

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »
Dre's lookin for a new co-producer in Soopafly.  If he goes with him, this could mean a more G-Funk/West geared direction of the album since that is what Fly usually produces.  As far as the author of the article, Soopafly was never an official member of Tha Dogg Pound.  He's in the DPG clique, but 'Tha Dogg Pound' is Daz & Kurupt, so you have to question the credibility of the article right off the bat since they don't even know who Tha Dogg Pound really is.

Also, the reason Daz and Dre will probably never work together roots back to that 1996 beef with Pac and Dre where Dre was takin credit for producing tracks that Daz produced and he told Pac about it and it made Pac boil.  Dre really is the one in this situation that hasn't been able to forgive Daz and he has just ignored him.

lol dubcc, the only place where there would be a debate on the officiality of whos really in dpg, dpgc, and tha dogg pound

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.