Author Topic: Soopafly Confirms Working On Dr. Dre's "Detox"  (Read 1585 times)

Okka

Re: Soopafly Confirms Working On Dr. Dre's "Detox"
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 04:27:12 AM »
Didn't Soopafly say this shit weeks ago? I know there's already been two topics about this.

shmosh

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »

Also, the reason Daz and Dre will probably never work together roots back to that 1996 beef with Pac and Dre where Dre was takin credit for producing tracks that Daz produced and he told Pac about it and it made Pac boil.  Dre really is the one in this situation that hasn't been able to forgive Daz and he has just ignored him.

or where Daz claimed Dre was, but Daz did the same to Dre. So Dre probably isn't all that happy after ghost-producing for him, for him then to turn around and claim Dre is stealing tracks from him. Daz's fault, if I was Dre I wouldn't work with him again either.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 04:57:52 AM »

Also, the reason Daz and Dre will probably never work together roots back to that 1996 beef with Pac and Dre where Dre was takin credit for producing tracks that Daz produced and he told Pac about it and it made Pac boil.  Dre really is the one in this situation that hasn't been able to forgive Daz and he has just ignored him.

or where Daz claimed Dre was, but Daz did the same to Dre. So Dre probably isn't all that happy after ghost-producing for him, for him then to turn around and claim Dre is stealing tracks from him. Daz's fault, if I was Dre I wouldn't work with him again either.

yeah Daz is the one member of DPG who I don't see Dre working with

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:41 AM »

yeah Daz is the one member of DPG who I don't see Dre working with
Maybe becouse he's wack (my opinion).

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »

Daz never took credit for any Dre beats. You Dre stans need to cut it out already. Dre still mad because Daz was the first to expose his ass

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:24 AM »
lol i prefer daz over dre any day (i guess i'm a daz stan) but that's not the point right here. what dre was accused of doing, daz has done similar things since (voluntarily or involuntarily) to dre and other producers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
just let it go, the topic is about soopafly

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
Dre's lookin for a new co-producer in Soopafly.  If he goes with him, this could mean a more G-Funk/West geared direction of the album since that is what Fly usually produces.  As far as the author of the article, Soopafly was never an official member of Tha Dogg Pound.  He's in the DPG clique, but 'Tha Dogg Pound' is Daz & Kurupt, so you have to question the credibility of the article right off the bat since they don't even know who Tha Dogg Pound really is.

i love daz, but this is very believable

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
Lol at a press release for this, would be good to see soopa work with dre again.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bouli77

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
Lol at a press release for this, would be good to see soopa work with dre again.

lmao i though the same thing. i was like "press release wtf" hahah. it would be definitely good to see soopa back with dre. soopafly is a seasoned and versatile musician and i'm sure dre could benefit from his creativity. i doubt it will happen though. if detox miraculously comes out i doubt it'll feature the music soopafly is supposedly working on.

love33

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »

Daz never took credit for any Dre beats. You Dre stans need to cut it out already. Dre still mad because Daz was the first to expose his ass

Agreed 100%, if I remember correctly Daz was also left off the 'Up In Smoke Tour' in 1999.

B.A.

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
it would be definitely good to see soopa back with dre. soopafly is a seasoned and versatile musician and i'm sure dre could benefit from his creativity. i doubt it will happen though. if detox miraculously comes out i doubt it'll feature the music soopafly is supposedly working on.

Sounds like it could be a great thing for Detox if the two of them got down on the album together but I can't help but think of how many records have already been cut for "Detox" that have ended up in the vault or used for someone elses mixtape or album. We've heard that Dre is working with Soopafly, the D.O.C. is getting involved as well and we all saw that video where Dre's backstage with Snoop and the DPG fam but going by what we've seen in recent years it all doesn't really mean anything. I could see all of this just pass and we might get one half-assed leaked track and then, nothing... what ever they did is put on the back burner and Dre will continue to work on Detox with whoever. By the type of music Dre has been involved with recently it doesn't seem like he wanted that westcoast or G-Funk sound at all, it's all been totally opposite of what working with the DPG camp would sound like. So unless Dre's pulling a 180 and going in a totally different direction (I really hope he is), I can see nothing really coming out of all this. I'm not trying to sound negative, I want it to happen, but chances are slim that it will.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 02:52:19 AM »
it would be definitely good to see soopa back with dre. soopafly is a seasoned and versatile musician and i'm sure dre could benefit from his creativity. i doubt it will happen though. if detox miraculously comes out i doubt it'll feature the music soopafly is supposedly working on.

Sounds like it could be a great thing for Detox if the two of them got down on the album together but I can't help but think of how many records have already been cut for "Detox" that have ended up in the vault or used for someone elses mixtape or album. We've heard that Dre is working with Soopafly, the D.O.C. is getting involved as well and we all saw that video where Dre's backstage with Snoop and the DPG fam but going by what we've seen in recent years it all doesn't really mean anything. I could see all of this just pass and we might get one half-assed leaked track and then, nothing... what ever they did is put on the back burner and Dre will continue to work on Detox with whoever. By the type of music Dre has been involved with recently it doesn't seem like he wanted that westcoast or G-Funk sound at all, it's all been totally opposite of what working with the DPG camp would sound like. So unless Dre's pulling a 180 and going in a totally different direction (I really hope he is), I can see nothing really coming out of all this. I'm not trying to sound negative, I want it to happen, but chances are slim that it will.
perhaps he really wants to work with everybody that he's worked with in the past :laugh:

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »
Dre seems abit like a maniac. Imagine of how many people worked for one album, for how long, how many tracks has been made. Unbelievable.