Author Topic: Drive to make 2pac #1 on Youtube. Watch "Dear Mama" Sept. 7th  (Read 562 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Drive to make 2pac #1 on Youtube. Watch "Dear Mama" Sept. 7th
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

I will be telling everyone I know to watch "Party Rock Anthem" on Sep 7th.

EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN'!

makavelisimon

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »
I assume you are referring to the remix of dear mama.  Tony Pizarro remix that is, which appeared on the retail cd: Me Against The World.

Being a fan of real rap and hip hop, I am very grateful to have the actual song 2Pac made leak, in 2 versions.  

1 out of 3  songs on MATW are OG's.   Shame how when he went to jail, and when he died the records get remixed.  

Not to say they remixing doesn't gain fans, Dear Mama (Retail Remix) attracted a lot of new fans, and so did Enemies With Me (Retail Remix) <--which you coudnt pay me to listen to!!!!!

yet both the ogs in this case and in 99% of the time, are way better than the remixes.  The only remixes form Amaru entertainment I can actually listen to and would even say they are on the same level of playability as the Original Versions are:  Hellrazor (QD3 Remix), Street Fame (Briss Remix), and Do For Love (Karlin Soulshock Remix)

Anyone who would stomach 'We got Kidz' or jazze pha remixes etc is just odd and probably an awkward person imo.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
I assume you are referring to the remix of dear mama.  Tony Pizarro remix that is, which appeared on the retail cd: Me Against The World.

Being a fan of real rap and hip hop, I am very grateful to have the actual song 2Pac made leak, in 2 versions.  

1 out of 3  songs on MATW are OG's.   Shame how when he went to jail, and when he died the records get remixed.  

Not to say they remixing doesn't gain fans, Dear Mama (Retail Remix) attracted a lot of new fans, and so did Enemies With Me (Retail Remix) <--which you coudnt pay me to listen to!!!!!

yet both the ogs in this case and in 99% of the time, are way better than the remixes.  

With the posthumous remixes, i agree with you.  But Pac performed this song many times after he got out of jail using the 'retail mix' of the song (Saturday Night Live for example).  So he obviously liked the mix, if he was really bent out of shape about them remixing the OG version while he was in jail, he would've been performing the song using the OG instrumental.  Plus, from what i've read, he was still very involved in the album from jail.  I'm sure he had an advance of the album and it wouldn't have got the green light if Pac didn't want that mix on there.  To me, the leaked version was more of a demo, or an earlier version.  If pac ok'd it and it was put on the album in the way he wanted it, to me, that would be the OG; hence retail version = OG.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:01:51 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

goRaiders

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
sure y the fuck not
Your raps all lazy, Jigga the Black Scorcese
What your album lacks is more Jay-Z

wowitsnick

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »
If you a Pac fan then why not? Its been 15 years since he R.I.P so why not show some respect for all the hard work he put in his music by keeping his legacy alive.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »

yet both the ogs in this case and in 99% of the time, are way better than the remixes.  

With the posthumous remixes, i agree with you.  But Pac performed this song many times after he got out of jail using the 'retail mix' of the song (Saturday Night Live for example).  So he obviously liked the mix, if he was really bent out of shape about them remixing the OG version while he was in jail, he would've been performing the song using the OG instrumental.  Plus, from what i've read, he was still very involved in the album from jail.  I'm sure he had an advance of the album and it wouldn't have got the green light if Pac didn't want that mix on there.  To me, the leaked version was more of a demo, or an earlier version.  If pac ok'd it and it was put on the album in the way he wanted it, to me, that would be the OG; hence retail version = OG.
i like the OG Live Instrument remix better than the original...

ianyo2008

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
WHY Not?  Agreed!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »
Why would a dead rapper care about page views on a website that came into existence 10 years after his death? He probably wasn't even aware of the internet. Donating some money to a charity in memory of him would be a much better goal.

I knew your bitchass would be following me like you do in every thread.

If I would of made a thread saying, "lets donate to charity in memory of Pac" your hatin' ass would of been the first person up in here sayin, "Pac is dead, move on" or some shit like that.

Your a little bitch and you lucky you have the net cause I'm sure nobody wants to hear your hatin ass in real life.

Nik why are you posting from Infinite's account? I would applaud anyone giving money to a good cause. But trying to con people into thinking a useless gesture means anything is a waste of time.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:28:10 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 03:46:47 PM »
Why doesn't justin beiber deserve to have he number 1 video on youtube.  If people are watching it then he is doing something right. lol

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »
Why doesn't justin beiber deserve to have he number 1 video on youtube.  If people are watching it then he is doing something right. lol

right on. so many dumb posts on old school videos on youtube, like "this [insert the name of the song/artist] is the real deal. fuck lil wayne and justin bieber. 97 biggie died 96 pac died 95 eazy e died 94 justin bieber was born, RIP Music". now i excuse those under 20 that post such things but people need to quit bringing those names up to account for the fact they don't like the current state of the music industry in 2011.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »
People have this way of just straight shitting on any artist that is popular that they don't like but then someone tosses out some objective criticisms of their favorite artists, they want to bitch about "hatin".

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »

right on. so many dumb posts on old school videos on youtube, like "this [insert the name of the song/artist] is the real deal. fuck lil wayne and justin bieber. 97 biggie died 96 pac died 95 eazy e died 94 justin bieber was born, RIP Music". now i excuse those under 20 that post such things but people need to quit bringing those names up to account for the fact they don't like the current state of the music industry in 2011.

I hate how every 90s or underground rap video on youtube has a lil wayne comment on it. It's inescapable. I came to listen to some music I like and have to hear some kids bitch on about lil wayne or some other rapper I don't care about.

Jay Bananas

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »

I hate how every 90s or underground rap video on youtube has a lil wayne comment on it. It's inescapable. I came to listen to some music I like and have to hear some kids bitch on about lil wayne or some other rapper I don't care about.

Exactly. I hate hip hop fans.

Raphael

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »
People don't even discuss the music anymore. The comment sections are filled with kids that think their so fucking special because they listen to music that was made before 2000.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
which video on youtube has the most views?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"