Author Topic: Hopsin vs Tyler the creator (Both from LA)  (Read 783 times)

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Hopsin vs Tyler the creator (Both from LA)
« on: September 04, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
I just came across this guy on youtube not too long ago. He gets alot of hits, give him a chance he spits pretty hard. Similar style to tyler but I think he goes way harder lyrically and has some tight beats.

Strange style doing weird shit like tyler but aside from that he goes hard on these tracks.

I want to hear what some of you think.

Sccit

Re: Hopsin vs Tyler the creator (Both from LA)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
yea, hopsin is better than tyler, fsheez

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »
Tyler >>>> Hop

i like Hop but nah yo, Wolf Gang all day!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »
Topically a little similar, but Hopsin has that hard, early-Eminem flow while Tyler talks more than raps. I like what Tyler's doing, but his shit gets monotonous over an entire album. Also some of his songs is just on some retarded shit and sounds horrible (Bitch Suck Dick). Hopsin's better, but he needs to do a little more to differentiate himself from the Em comparisons.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 09:55:51 PM »
Hopsin has some of the craziest flows I've heard in years. He is absolutely nuts with the raps. He cuts the weird shit out and I can see him doing big things.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »
Hopsin by a fucking long shot
The West is Back

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
so it's cool for a nigga to wear Drag [with LIPSTICK] and rap like a female for damn near a whole verse (while he's dissing another nigga at that) but it's not cool for a nigga to wear jeggings and actually be tied to some Mob shit.  

anything to talk down on tha successful i guess.  some of u niggaz on here are more confused and haterfied than i thought.  i guess when/if Hop blows up he'll be corny then.  that's dubcc and that's life though so i guess it's all good.

i guess i should get on youtube with a drag outfit on and kill kids and other niggaz on camera and douse myself in their blood and then kill myself.  atleast you'll say i went hard right?

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
so it's cool for a nigga to wear Drag [with LIPSTICK] and rap like a female for damn near a whole verse (while he's dissing another nigga at that) but it's not cool for a nigga to wear jeggings and actually be tied to some Mob shit. 

anything to talk down on tha successful i guess.  some of u niggaz on here are more confused and haterfied than i thought.  i guess when/if Hop blows up he'll be corny then.  that's dubcc and that's life though so i guess it's all good.

i guess i should get on youtube with a drag outfit on and kill kids and other niggaz on camera and douse myself in their blood and then kill myself.  atleast you'll say i went hard right?

i actually do think hopsin is sometimes comin off on some gay shit, and he does have that 90's baby vibe, but the fact remains, he's better than tyler lyrically, and is just overall a better rapper. they both seem like the alternative type weenies, but one actually has a lot more talent.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »

anything to talk down on tha successful i guess.  some of u niggaz on here are more confused and haterfied than i thought.  i guess when/if Hop blows up he'll be corny then.  that's dubcc and that's life though so i guess it's all good.

i actually do think hopsin is sometimes comin off on some gay shit, and he does have that 90's baby vibe, but the fact remains, he's better than tyler lyrically, and is just overall a better rapper. they both seem like the alternative type weenies, but one actually has a lot more talent.

yeah Tyler do.  but i'd be lying if i didn't think Hop has talent rapping and directing.  Tyler is just better imo, he brings more to tha table than talking about being a wimp all his life and still not getting over the shit that happened in middle school.  He serves a purpose but atleast with Tyler i can feel his music more becuz he's not talking about tha same exact shit all tha time.  I like Hop and some of his music though and some of it has a good message but he ain't fuckin with Tyler, that nigga Tyler is gonna rip tha nigga foreal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
Hopsin dominates him in every aspect. I have to disagree when people say they're similar.

Sure, Hopsin has some demonic, devil praising lines in his music, but just look at "Raw". Every single song has a message behind it. Tyler doesn't go a song without a "Suck my dick bitch, while I eat fish off your mother's clit" type line. Hopsin is a dope rapper, with a great flow, dope lyrics, awesome content & is talented enough to write, producer, edit & master his entire album.

Tyler, although I fuck with "Goblin" a lot, is industry made, who will probably die off after an album with Earl & will only be the slightest bit relevant due to Frank Ocean. Like somebody said, an entire album of the same sounding song, with no real point can get a little boring. I managed to get through "Goblin". But another entire album like that? I don't know.

It's not even up for debate as to whose the better rapper or artist. It's clearly Hopsin. However, being a fan of them both, if you just prefer Tyler's sound over Hopsin's, I can't hate.

Shango

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
as a grown man it's hard for me to really get into and feel an album with subject matter that falls under the umbrella of 'horrocore'...but in terms of what is considered classic mc'ing? hopsin got it...but lets be clear here, anyone who was around during the height of the 'horrorcore' movement around the mid 90's knows how long that lasted, so unless tyler or hopsin (more so tyler) branch off into something with A little more depth, i wouldn't expect any longevity from either...shit, even eminem cant get away with songs like that anymore
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 03:06:32 AM »
yall are right about Tyler staying in that ONE lane his whole career but i think he can get past that at some point.  i still think he'll last longer than Hop tho, it sounds good on paper and looks good virally but other than youtube videos and a Tech N9ne co-sign what does Hop actually have on O.F./Tyler other than quicker bars and random deeper messages.  i fucks with both of em but Tyler is a creative little fuck, he probably has something crazy up his sleeve or a different direction he's going to go in in the future once he has to hit that next move as an artist.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »

Okka

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
I gotta go with Hopsin. "Ill Mind Of Hopsin 4" was dope as fuck.