Author Topic: Dubcnn Celebrates 9 Years as The HUB Of Westcoast Hip-Hop + Starts '02 Nostalgia  (Read 392 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks to EVERYONE for their support over the years, stick with us, massive changes afoot.

http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=EFEVVEFuuFuSCpCggq

Dubcnn: 9 Years as The HUB Of Westcoast Hip-Hop - By : Rud - September 8, 2011

Yes people you read that right, Dubcnn today incredibly celebrates its 9th birthday! On September 8, 2002 we launched what was to quickly become the staple online resource for Westcoast Hip-Hop. Over the years that followed the site became synonymous with the music scene ensuring as many releases as possible were promoted and included from across the genre.

In the 9 years of Dubcnn I truly believe we have done what we set out to do and have big plans to drive that forward over the next year as we moved to mark a DECADE OF DUBCNN.

With that said I want to start this week by re-posting the very first update on Dubcnn below and then each day this week I will post a throwback update to show what was posted the very first week of Dubcnn went live.

You may wonder why you cant see anything pre-May 2004 in the
archives, it was due to a server crash in that year that lost much of our old news content, but it is safe and ready to be re-integrated into whats coming next year - stay tuned. In the meantime look forward to a week of Hip-Hop nostalgia from September 2002 over the next 7 days!

On September 8th, 2002 the first update was posted which, although some things have changed including personnel and the addition of ads, the ethos behind what we do most definitely remains: "Well, after months of preparation, hard work and constant plan changing www.dubcnn.com is now open! Firstly I'd like to list what we intend to offer on a day to day basis - we are here to provide, News, Articles Audio, Reviews, Competitions, Interviews and much more to give you a complete online Westcoast Hip-Hop magazine. Rather than competing with the "rival sites" we are here to work alongside the other sites linked through www.dubcc.com. Together we aim to bring you the best of everything, all the news, audio and information all of the time. This site was designed to be simplistic, advert free and easily browse able, as we agreed while designing, no popup's, no entrance page, content straight to the point - WS Without The BS, with the main aim being promotion of the best coast, the left coast.

Secondly, id like to thank all of the staff : Overseer, Nima, 704D (Euphanasia), Ka Rizzle & tnp. They have stayed patient, and kept the site and all its details secret, while constantly helping out all the way up to the launch. They are here to help provide the best news daily and keep everyone as well informed as possible. They will introduce themselves when they post their first sets of news. Also, big thanks to elneckio for huge amounts of technical support over the past few months, and also thanks too all the people from the WCC IRC Room (Ax The Wax, Jome, Mista Cane, Nino, Exzit - Sorry if ive forgotten people!)

Finally, I wish to thank everyone that visits the site, I hope we can provide what your looking for and over time create the best resource for Westcoast Hip-Hop"

Now in 2011, as we move into our tenth year, I want to reinforce that last point and hope that we have become that resource and to assure you that we are heading into 2012 with some long overdue changes and improvements. Our tenth year will truly solidify Dubcnn as the HUB of Westcoast Hip-Hop. Stick with us, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to each and every visitor, artist and company who has read, supported and promoted Dubcnn.com over the past 9 years.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props, keep up the good work!

kemizt

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
congrats, great site and forum 8)

Mista Rosa

Yeah keep doing your thing! I checked the site from day one, to get some music since I hadn't limewire and to have news on my fav artists but only registred to the forum a couple of years ago. Back then I thought only marginals were chatting on forum. Haha and here I am!

Only one regret with you dubcnn, that you never managed to do an interview with my fav artist, Nate Dogg! Since you've had Snoop, Warren and even Butch Cassidy I thought you would have made it happen!

Anyway props to you for giving us info and updates on our fav music and artists through the years, and for creating us a place to interact and discuss about our passion!

Peace. 
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

KURUPTION-81

Dope, doesnt time fly !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
Congratulations DubCnn ! Keep up the good work, much appreciated!
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
Congratulations. Over the years, you guys have done a magnificent job at keeping the west coast as relevant as you possibly can.

Its been six years since I first signed up as a member and have visited and posted feedback on all areas.

Wish Dubcnn the best of luck in the coming years.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

polepositon

congrats.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Only one regret with you dubcnn, that you never managed to do an interview with my fav artist, Nate Dogg! Since you've had Snoop, Warren and even Butch Cassidy I thought you would have made it happen!

It is tragic, really, because we were in touch with Nate in 07 and I had an interview scheduled for I believe December 27th or 28th 2007, whatever it was, two days before the interview Nate had his first stroke, so that never happened. It is sad that we never got to connect with Nate on a personal level, but he did know about the site and he shouted us out a few times on different occasions. But yeah I wanted that interview.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

It is tragic, really, because we were in touch with Nate in 07 and I had an interview scheduled for I believe December 27th or 28th 2007, whatever it was, two days before the interview Nate had his first stroke, so that never happened. It is sad that we never got to connect with Nate on a personal level, but he did know about the site and he shouted us out a few times on different occasions. But yeah I wanted that interview.
damn that's sad

Mietek23

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Congratulations  8).

Since Detox is scheduled to be released in 2020, we should be good for at least another 10 !  ;D

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:54:41 AM by Michael Madsen (British saliva on my dick) »

Portugoal

The site itself has suffered a lot the last couple of years, but all in all dubcnn.com is one of the reasons I've always listened to west coast rap :)

MistaNova

Congrats, next year marks the first decade then...