Author Topic: Is it just me or does Firefox suck now?  (Read 364 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is it just me or does Firefox suck now?
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
Maybe I'm behind on the times but I think I've had enough of Firefox or I might go all the way back to Firefox 3 when it seemed to work just fine.  These newer versions are just worse and worse.
It crashes several times a day and half the time I can't play any video.   >:(

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Is it just me or does Firefox suck now?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
yeah I hate the upgrades. Every new release disables half my add-ons (including my antivirus security). All my add-ons are pretty much the only reason I haven't switched to chrome.

Invincible

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:51:36 PM »
Its just you. Still works great for me. Firefox 3.6 was the worst of the lot in my opinion. Pages failed to load regularly and had to repeatedly refresh them to get them to load. Plus also, most of the add ons are probably not compatible with 3 anymore.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:09 AM »
firefox keeps getting better

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:14:06 AM »
yeah firefox seems to kind have fell off...i got chrome and firefox but keep using firefox just out of habit i guess.

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:49:05 AM »
yeah firefox seems to kind have fell off...i got chrome and firefox but keep using firefox just out of habit i guess.

same here. firefox has one great thing though, it's the back ups, but it crashes too many times, shit is irritating as fuck. i have never experienced that with chrome, which i use every now and then.

Portugoal

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:54:19 AM »
FF has always worked fine for me, still does...

I don't like IE, but Chrome looks like shit too... I dunno, I think I'll stick to FF as long as it still works fine.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »
imo, firefox has worked prefectly fine, and chrome just seems like a knockoff fireforx.

basically yea the add ons make it just that much better, for yourself and for work. esp for programmers. (not a programmer just know that it has certain add ons which would cost $$$ if u werent to have firefox)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »

same here. firefox has one great thing though, it's the back ups, but it crashes too many times, shit is irritating as fuck. i have never experienced that with chrome, which i use every now and then.
maybe you need to update your plugins, i rarely have crashes.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 11:19:32 AM »
lol the new version of firefox made my gmail logout button disappear.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 05:09:02 AM »
Maybe I'm behind on the times but I think I've had enough of Firefox or I might go all the way back to Firefox 3 when it seemed to work just fine.  These newer versions are just worse and worse.
It crashes several times a day and half the time I can't play any video.   >:(
You ain't the only one with this problem.  FUCK FREEZERFOX >:(  After it went to FF4 that's when i've gotten gray hairs over this browser.  Bad enuff that it takes over 30 minutes to appear then freezes for a bunch of minutes more.  Is there a way to have it just on ff3 & not be 4ced 2 upgrade to the newer ones?  I even went as far as uninstalling it & reinstalling it & same problems freezing  >:(  Opera & Safari opens up a way lot quicker, i'm thinking about experimenting with seamonkey & some other new browser.  Sadly google chrome can act like freezerfox lately :(

Matty

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »
still on the 3.6 build and it's still being updated with security patches for now (3.6.2.2). some sites run best on the new one, like twitter, but nothing i actually use or frequent...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
still on the 3.6 build and it's still being updated with security patches for now (3.6.2.2). some sites run best on the new one, like twitter, but nothing i actually use or frequent...
ok, i prefer the new version as it has more features.

also i think they will stop updating the old versions

Matty

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »
ok, i prefer the new version as it has more features.

also i think they will stop updating the old versions

they will, but not quite yet it seems. just being stubborn cause i tried the new one and couldn't really adjust to it straight away. needed to move a lot of things about etc so i'm using the old one while its good.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
Firefox 8 is the worst yet.  Had it crash three times in the first 15 minutes.  Had to get on another computer to download another version and downgrade. 
Might be time to give Chrome a real test for a while.  :-\