Poll

What do u think?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
No
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Will There Be An NBA SEASON?  (Read 468 times)

Sccit

Will There Be An NBA SEASON?
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »
so the first 2 weeks were cancelled (100 games in total).. David Stern is on the verge of cancelling more games and possibly even the whole season if there is no deal reached some time soon.

yall think theres a deal in the near future? i say a deal is coming within the next 2-3 weeks, possibly leaving us with a 50 game schedule ala 1999. that would be good for the Lakers/Kobe, so I'm down 8)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:33:18 AM by NIKCC »

PLANT

Re: WILL THERE BE AN NBA SEASON?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »
They've been working hard in the last few days with that mediator, I think they will reach a deal in the next week.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: WILL THERE BE AN NBA SEASON?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »
I think the title of the thread should be "WILL YOU CARE IF THERE WILL BE AN NBA SEASON?"? No NBA games with the same stupid five teams dominating all year long, means TV stations playing more NCAA Basketball, with less drama, more passion & better games, with no bullshit superstar calls that so "shockingly" don't exist at the college level. It's like when you get to the NBA, they teach you how to draw ten fouls a game. ::)

Harrison Barnes at UNC & Austin Rivers at Duke should be nonstop entertainment all winter, into March. 8)

The Watcher

Re: Will There Be An NBA Season
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:20 PM »
ill say yes just because too many people have too much to lose if there isn't one

forget about the players and the owners losing $$$, but people are already losing their jobs who work at arenas, companies that normally get business from game nights are close to closing down etc .. if either side keeps playing hardball with the negotiations they will alienate (whats left) of that fan base
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Will There Be An NBA SEASON?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
talks broke down. the federal mediator also won't be participating anymore since the sides are far off.

I don't see a resolution coming anytime soon.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:54:16 PM »
Probably a 50 games season like in 99... Owners think they will get the best deal possible when players start missing their paychecks ... this lockout was always planned on and  wanted by the owners a long time ago .. that's why nobody should expect anything out of the talks until late December...

However if any owner really thinks they could afford the cancellation of the whole season  ( I don't think so it's just a chess game) , they are really delusional ... too much money lost and it will devastating for the NBA image and marketing wise

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
that would be good for the Lakers/Kobe, so I'm down 8)

I'm not sure it would be that good for us ... while it means a longer offseason to rest, a shortened season also means more back 2 back games ( we ain't the youngest team) and less time to put the new systems in place with a new coach

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:40:47 AM »
Players are stupid & don't understand the situation. Every single owner was a multi-millionaire, possibly a billionaire prior to buying the team (obviously); all from business outside of the NBA completely. Like Mark Cuban does some shit with computers. He's still making money off of that, that's making him more than the Dallas Mavericks. Now Derek Fisher, for example, isn't making a penny with the lockout. The owners have no reason to change their position, but the virtually unemployed NBA players need a job.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
that would be good for the Lakers/Kobe, so I'm down 8)

I'm not sure it would be that good for us ... while it means a longer offseason to rest, a shortened season also means more back 2 back games ( we ain't the youngest team) and less time to put the new systems in place with a new coach

i'm not trippin...lakers burned out early last season. with a shortened schedule and more healing time for kobe, i think there is more benefits in this for us.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:48 AM »
Essentially, everyone needs to shut the fuck up and play.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
shits startin 2 look worse

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »
Like I said...it doesn't really matter. The NBA is a fixed, favoritism league. NCAA has no favorites, no superstar drama. It's your favorite game without the bullshit & more kids dedicated to winning rather than statistics.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
Like I said...it doesn't really matter. The NBA is a fixed, favoritism league. NCAA has no favorites, no superstar drama. It's your favorite game without the bullshit & more kids dedicated to winning rather than statistics.

it matters to people who want to watch the nba............

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »

it matters to people who want to watch the nba............

So not denying (implying agreement) that it's fixed & they play favorites, it doesn't affect your perception of the game at all?

You're an idiot.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
would somebody kill this kid already