Author Topic: 2nd II None - More Than A Player (Feat. DJ Quik)  (Read 690 times)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
2nd II None - More Than A Player (Feat. DJ Quik)
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
Where is this track from? Siiiccckk beat 8)

2nd II None - More Than A Player _Feat. DJ Quik_.mp3 - 4.57MB

gfunkin2

Re: 2nd II None - More Than A Player (Feat. DJ Quik)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:19:21 PM »
2nd II None self-titled. Their first album, in other words...not Classic 220.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
 :o

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »
personnal classic for me their debut album is much better than classic twotwo O imo
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »
personnal classic for me their debut album is much better than classic twotwo O imo

I think you're one of the few people who've heard both albums to say that.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
classic 220>>>>>>>>2nd ii none

up in the club is one of my fav summer jams of all time

NIBIRU

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
nice thx , death row i think  8)
100% FRENCH FUNK

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 07:10:43 PM »

here's another person saying it- the debut is definitely better, no question...imo of course. and i think anyone from my era would agree hands down. and again, the song in question is from the first album, not a death row era song at all...so for those who are hearing it for the first time and obviously have never heard the debut, what took you so long? go peep it
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
lol i don't know how it took so long to discover this when i'm a huge Quik fan (old quik)

Matty

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
funky stuff. quik flipped the same sample for a tony toni tone track too (thinking of you remix), which sounds a lot nicer 8)

sofdark

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
Ain't Nothin' Wrongs my joint  8)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »

here's another person saying it- the debut is definitely better, no question...imo of course. and i think anyone from my era would agree hands down. and again, the song in question is from the first album, not a death row era song at all...so for those who are hearing it for the first time and obviously have never heard the debut, what took you so long? go peep it

what era you from g? im 27 homie, and i think 220 shits all over the first album...the production on 220 is pure art...

polepositon

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »
damn. i cant even rem if ive heard 220 before. but, yeah, um the debut lbum bangs and its a fun album with ll of their crew featured. i dont want to mispell the forum members name but, he made a thread showing them at a venue performing a song from the debut album. thread is prolly a couple pages back.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »

what era you from g? im 27 homie, and i think 220 shits all over the first album...the production on 220 is pure art...
I'm in my early 30's so I don't know that we're quite from the same era....when the debut dropped, I doubt you were bumping hiphop (it dropped in 91, you weren't even 10 yet) see I can remember when 'if you want' 'let the rhythm take you' & 'stay true to yourself' were all over the radio and 'the box' (not sure if you remember that), and all the homies were bumping that shit...I mean if I was barely in jr high you musta been early elementary school so the nostalgia factor isn't the same for you...so again, people from era would most likely pick the debut...we are from seperate eras, I'm an old ass man by hiphop standards
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »

I'm in my early 30's so I don't know that we're quite from the same era....when the debut dropped, I doubt you were bumping hiphop (it dropped in 91, you weren't even 10 yet) see I can remember when 'if you want' 'let the rhythm take you' & 'stay true to yourself' were all over the radio and 'the box' (not sure if you remember that), and all the homies were bumping that shit...I mean if I was barely in jr high you musta been early elementary school so the nostalgia factor isn't the same for you...so again, people from era would most likely pick the debut...we are from seperate eras, I'm an old ass man by hiphop standards
to summarize nostalgia is the only way you could possibly prefer it.

otherwise its like comparing quik is the name to rhythm-al-ism... 2nd ii none is just sonically not on the same level.