Author Topic: Caldwell fired from Indy (Chuck Pagano hired)  (Read 466 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Caldwell fired from Indy (Chuck Pagano hired)
« on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8261597d/article/caldwell-out-as-colts-head-coach-after-214-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

I hope Peyton gets cut next, depending on who gets brought in as HC.

Personally if I were Grigson and wanted to ensure a successful resume I'd keep Manning and woe a proven hit maker out of retirement. A guy that knows how to deal with the admin stuff. I mean if you keep Peyton and bring in Marty to get the particulars of that team in check I can't imagine being any less than 10-6 next year, if not a whole lot better.

But if you bring in a new HC, draft Luck, and drop Peyton then Grigson will either look like a complete genius or super bust in the draft because they're going to have a top 3 pick for the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:50:01 PM by Shallow »

Lunatic

Re: Caldwell fired from Indy
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:37:36 PM »
Took them very long to make this decision

I bet Jeff Fisher is pissed he accepted the job in St. Louis before this happened  :laugh:
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8261597d/article/caldwell-out-as-colts-head-coach-after-214-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

Personally if I were Grigson and wanted to ensure a successful resume I'd keep Manning and woe a proven hit maker out of retirement. A guy that knows how to deal with the admin stuff. I mean if you keep Peyton and bring in Marty to get the particulars of that team in check I can't imagine being any less than 10-6 next year, if not a whole lot better.

But if you bring in a new HC, draft Luck, and drop Peyton then Grigson will either look like a complete genius or super bust in the draft because they're going to have a top 3 pick for the next 5 years.

Im assuming ur a colts fan, so why the hell wouldnt you want peyton mentoring luck for a few yrs? 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »

Im assuming ur a colts fan, so why the hell wouldnt you want peyton mentoring luck for a few yrs? 

I'm not a Colts fan. I'm a Bills fan. I am a huge Peyton Manning fan though, and it has nothing to do with the Colts, but with greatness. It's the same reason I cheer for Belicheck, but my absolute hatred for the Brady hype keeps me from cheering for the Pats. I was a bigger Pats fan in 08 than I was a Colts fan.

I simply want to see Manning play on a team that can go 11-5 with out him, and then we can all see how great, or how not great, he really is.

and as for Fisher; there's no way he didn't know Caldwell's job was at least very open for dismissal. He could have waited it out, but I think he knew that it wasn't going to be there for him. That being said if I were Fisher I'd only pick the Colts over the Rams if Peyton comes back.

Actually if I'm Fisher I'd look at this scenario; see if you can trade Bradford to the Browns for their 1st round pick since Shurmer would rather have a proven Bradford back in his system than the possibility of RG3 being available at that spot. Then use the two top ten first round picks on Matt Kalil and Justin Blackmon. Then trade their 2nd and maybe even 3rd as well #2 picks to the Colts for Manning. Bring in that scrub that OC'd this year just so Peyton has someone to work with, and The Rams new greatest Show on Turf will make the last Greatest Show on Turf seem like ancient history. Draft the best available QB in the 4th to try and takeover for Manning afterwards.

If Manning has 3 or 4 years that's 3 or 4 chances at a Ring for the Rams.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »
Kalil & Blackmon are probably going to be picks 2 & 3

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
Also Jeff Fisher is king of conservative play calling, with Manning or not. "Great show on turf" and "Jeff Fisher" don't belong in the same sentence.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:57:49 AM »
Also Jeff Fisher is king of conservative play calling, with Manning or not. "Great show on turf" and "Jeff Fisher" don't belong in the same sentence.

If he brought in Manning he wouldn't be calling any plays, and Manning playing on a team that has to respect the run as much as you would have to with Jackson back would either go to town, or let Jackson go to town.

Regardless I just hope Manning is healthy next year no matter where he goes, and if he leaves the Colts; may they have 5 more #1 draft picks.

rayallen0

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »
So Jim Caldwell goes 24-8, then 2-14 this year with Peyton Manning injured, and the Colts fire him? Seems a bit harsh.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
So Jim Caldwell goes 24-8, then 2-14 this year with Peyton Manning injured, and the Colts fire him? Seems a bit harsh.

The logic is that they probably would have went 2-14 last year, and maximum 5-11 the year before. One thing is for sure in my mind, Jim Caldwell will never again be faced with the dilemma of benching starters or playing them and trying to go 16-0.

While Peyton's next coach might have to make that decision two or three more times.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »
Peyton Manning sucks.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:39:40 AM »

The logic is that they probably would have went 2-14 last year, and maximum 5-11 the year before. One thing is for sure in my mind, Jim Caldwell will never again be faced with the dilemma of benching starters or playing them and trying to go 16-0.
Caldwell might have remembered that incident from a decade ago with the Jaguars when they played Boselli vs. the Bungholes last game of the season.  They coulda won without Boselli.  Sadly he got an ACL injury so he couldn't be there to stop Kearse in the AFCC game, and Jax got a negative hat trick.  They woulda won the SB.  OR when Belichump played Welker in a meaningless game vs. the Texans got an ACL injury & they lost in the 1st round. 
   I want my starters healthy for the playoffs.  Its better to go undefeated in the playoffs ;)

Peyton Manning sucks.
Peyton's good.  He 1st earned my respect in 2002 when he beat the Donkeys in the snow.  Peyton just sucked against Florida & in the bowl games in college. 

rayallen0

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
peyton can be in the GOAT QB discussion i don't think u need to talk about his college days  ???

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Chuck Pagano is in now, and the way it seems to look Peyton Manning is definitely on his way out of Indy. I can't imagine anyway Peyton Manning playing for the Colts in 2012. Though if he does play and plays somewhere else, I see the beginning of a new curse in making that may end up rivaling the Bambino and the Billy Goat curses. Of course, if he retires then it won't matter.

Funny how I've been saying for years that they need to dump the Polians and their entire philosophy and build a smash-mouth team, and it took Peyton to go down and most likely leave town for Jim Irsay to finally smarten up. Everything now depends how good their new QB is and how good an OC they hire. Hue Jackson is still out there and he is a great Xs and Os guy, but let's see how they move forward. Andrew Luck could very well be the next Tim Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith. I mean there have been plenty of surefire NFL ready QBs picked #1 overall that end up being a bust. The odds are less than 50/50.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Caldwell fired from Indy (Chuck Pagano hired)
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »
Looks like Caldwell may end up QB coaching in Baltimore.