Author Topic: 2012 Superbowl Thread.  (Read 769 times)

Lunatic

Re: 2012 Superbowl Thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »
Pats finna' be butthurt 0-2 in the Super Bowl vs. the Giants
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 08:16:57 PM »
None of that relatively comes close to changing the fact that Cruz & Nicks just make plays after catching the ball.

Who is trying to change the fact? I never said Eli is better than Brady because his WRs can't YAC.

Eli looks good at all because his WR make plays for him.

The stuff I see from Eli, specifically, makes me say he's better than Brady. Brady makes less bad decisions but Eli makes more great throws. So this parts even out. Eli's ability to find the safe out when he's getting smashed by the defense really impressed me in that Niners game, and after getting crunched the way he still called the time out, and the way he ran to Coughlin after seeing the play clock. He showed the toughness and grit of an old style QB. Rodgers has a superstar cast and a great system but things I see from him are still very special. I don't see all these special things from Brady; he's just a solid QB on a great team. And that team would still have the #1 seed and still be playing in the Superbowl this year if they had kept Cassel instead of Brady.

Peyton is still head and shoulders above the rest the best single player right now, but Eli showed me something special this season.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Rodgers & Brees are the two best QB's in the NFL

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 11:36:22 PM »
Nah this is why you can't talk Brady or manning because your bias is so blinding. If Tom Brady put up that same performance that Eli did you wouldn't be impressed, you'd bring up the same points I made and the same points Cham made. If Eli had a great game you'd have a point but he didn't and you don't.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
A year ago today Giants fans were talking about making a switch after he lead the NFL in interceptions after a failure of a Giants season completely on him.

There has never been a moment in Brady's career where he was doubted by the Patriot faithful.

You beat great teams with great defensive line play & the Giants (by far) have the most superior D-line in the game. Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Cruz & Nicks mean more to the Giants than Eli Manning. Now this will hurt because I believe you said you hate the man, but Giants would be in the same, if not a better position if they never traded away Phillip Rivers.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 06:30:15 AM »
Now this will hurt because I believe you said you hate the man, but Giants would be in the same, if not a better position if they never traded away Phillip Rivers.

Hurt? I've said the same thing before. The only thing I wonder about is whether Rivers would have been able to win against NE in 07 or even win in Green Bay. I'm not sure. And I can't stand Rivers, but I have no reason to think that either Rivers, or Brady, would make the Giants a worse team. I just happen to think Eli is a little better than both. he does better under up the middle pressure and has a better arm (and I mean he can throw a fade route, something I've never seen Brady do).

And no Peyton is still better than Brees and Rodgers, because of how he runs the offense. Brees and Rodgers are great warriors, but not generals, and to guarantee success you'd need them to play along side their respective offensive genius coaches and great play-makers. We saw Drew for years before Sean Payton; hardly a best in the league argument for Drew, and Matt Flynn can come in for week 17 and break a Packers record under the McCarthy system.

Either Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers or Eli, could have came in for this years Colts and they'd be max 6-10, and minimum of 10-6 with Peyton. Now if any of those QBs came in with OCs like Norv Turner, or Sean Payton then that'd be a different story. But as stand alone players there's Peyton Manning and then there is everybody else.

I want it on record right given the possibility than Peyton ends up in a place like Seattle. If Peyton goes there and a new system is too much for him or whatever and they still either don't make the playoffs get bumped in the divisional then I will put on my sig forever "Peyton Manning does have what it takes to be Tom Brady", but if he ends up with a ring in year one or two with the Seahawks then I want eaxh of you to write in your sigs "Peter was right, I was wrong. Peyton is hands down the best ever!" in your sigs.

Deal?

And if the Seahawks go 19-0 then I want each you to come to my house and suck my dick at the same fucking time.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 06:53:30 AM »
^ Jesus christ man, take it down a notch. But if he were healthy I'd love to have Manning on our team for the right price, assuming we resign Lynch we're only a franchise QB away from being a contender.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
^ Jesus christ man, take it down a notch. But if he were healthy I'd love to have Manning on our team for the right price, assuming we resign Lynch we're only a franchise QB away from being a contender.

Then we'll be cheering for the same team next year. I actually like the idea of Seattle for two reasons 1) it's a solid team all around and has an exceptional home field crowd, and 2) it's such an off the radar team that if they end up going 12-4 or better it makes Peyton look like a saviour. In reality you're right, it's a very decently built team that just needs a couple places to improve and become a real contender. It's definitely a better built team than Indy.

Nothing in the history of Football would please me more than 4 more years of Manning dominating the league, a couple Seahawks rings, and Indianapolis doing so bad Irsay ends up selling it the Colts move to LA.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:38 AM »
Manning will want to play for the Titans if he leaves the Colts but we won't want him probably  :P

He has a house in Tennessee, went to College there and would get to play the Colts twice a year.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Manning will want to play for the Titans if he leaves the Colts but we won't want him probably  :P

He has a house in Tennessee, went to College there and would get to play the Colts twice a year.

Depending on the price I don't see how you don't take him. Locker would do great learning under neath him for 3 years. hell, Peyt could go from QB to QB coach right after he retires and that's a win/win for everyone. Though, Peyton's other home could be something if the unthinkable happens and Brees ends up taking one last big payday. I mean Brees because of his health and coachability would easily be able to bring in the biggest contract from other teams. How much would the Redskins, Jets, or Cowboys be willing to pay for Drew Brees. Quite a bit more than they'd pay for a "maybe he's not healthy" Peyton Manning.

And if that HUGE if that Brees doesn't re-sign with the Saints happens then how can you not make the play for Peyton? Especially with the Superbowl in the SuperDome. They'd win the #1 seed and the whole playoffs would be in Louisiana. The NFL would almost insist. And the refs would try like the devil make sure it's Manning vs Brady. With Manning vs Manning in the NFC Championship game.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

Depending on the price I don't see how you don't take him. Locker would do great learning under neath him for 3 years. hell, Peyt could go from QB to QB coach right after he retires and that's a win/win for everyone. Though, Peyton's other home could be something if the unthinkable happens and Brees ends up taking one last big payday. I mean Brees because of his health and coachability would easily be able to bring in the biggest contract from other teams. How much would the Redskins, Jets, or Cowboys be willing to pay for Drew Brees. Quite a bit more than they'd pay for a "maybe he's not healthy" Peyton Manning.

And if that HUGE if that Brees doesn't re-sign with the Saints happens then how can you not make the play for Peyton? Especially with the Superbowl in the SuperDome. They'd win the #1 seed and the whole playoffs would be in Louisiana. The NFL would almost insist. And the refs would try like the devil make sure it's Manning vs Brady. With Manning vs Manning in the NFC Championship game.
Brees is not leaving New Orleans

Titans will certainly be on Manning's wishlist

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »

Brees is not leaving New Orleans

Titans will certainly be on Manning's wishlist

Then there is absolutely no reason to not want him unless he wants you to break the bank, but no one is going to offer him guaranteed money. Whatever contract Manning signs will be incentive based.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
I just know my team and I'm sure they're happy with Hasselbeck & Locker, 2 buddies as well lol. Honestly, Hasselbeck is probably a better mentor for Locker.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
I just know my team and I'm sure they're happy with Hasselbeck & Locker, 2 buddies as well lol. Honestly, Hasselbeck is probably a better mentor for Locker.

I wouldn't be able to guess what kind of mentor Peyton would be for anyone, as I have nothing tangible to base it on. But Manning on this year's Titan's (healthy) and you guys may very well have still been playing in a couple weeks. You win all the 9 games you won, and get three guarantee wins against Jacksonville, Cinci, and Indy. Right there you've got 12. If you can even split the other 4 losses you get the #1 seed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

True.

1. I feel mentally, you'd learn more from a friend who knew he was talking about rather than somebody who was brought in to tell you how to do it because he's that good.
2. Not everyone is Peyton Manning. Whose to say Locker could run the Titans the way Manning ran the Colts? Shallow always says how he's gifted like no human being to ever be spawned into the sporting industry. You can't teach ability.
3. This is insane, he isn't going to the Titans.