Author Topic: Carlos Conditt the new interim Welterweight UFC Champion  (Read 1098 times)

rayallen0

Re: Carlos Conditt the new interim Welterweight UFC Champion
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
The octagon is not like a football field where someone can run aawwaayy! it's a couple of feet wide and its a cage. Nick had 5 rounds to study Condit's strategy; if he was a true fighter, he should have countered it; but no, he just walked around talking nonsense, and making fun of the guy who is kicking his ass. The guy with a bigger brain won that fight. period! wars are won by stategy, not strength.

and fighters will never stop going for KO's/Submissions/brawls. They have big bonuses for them. Diaz got paid more than any other fighter and lost.

Look at Pat Barry had a run of some bad luck with 2 bad losses but still got on the main card because he always goes for it. Fitch lost 1 fight and i would bet will be on the prelims next fight he has.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:48:18 PM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »
There is literally no way to engage someone who is actively running away from you. It's like trying to play tag with your fists. Try it sometime.

rayallen0

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
ur acting like he was running around in circles. you know thats not true. There have been lots of fights with ppl just avoiding action and they were losses, cuz it is extremely hard to do damage while going backwards, Conditt did it so he won.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
For the first two rounds he totally was running around in circles.

rayallen0

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 07:30:18 PM »
running around in circles does not allow you to land 59 strikes 58 of which being significant.

Only round Diaz won Decisively was round 2. I give him Round 5 but he did nothing with the take down and was probs the most boring round.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
running around in circles does not allow you to land 59 strikes 58 of which being significant.

Only round Diaz won Decisively was round 2. I give him Round 5 but he did nothing with the take down and was probs the most boring round.

Almost all of which are kicks to the leg while going backwards.

rayallen0

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 12:50:30 AM »

i’ve taken quite a few kicks from a top level Muay Thai practitioner, and i can tell you that first of all, leg kicks do hurt, and secondly kicks to the head really hurt. And did anyone care to see Diaz’s face after the fight. He at least got it as good as he gave…

Anyways a rematch is already set up.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:57:30 AM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »

i’ve taken quite a few kicks from a top level Muay Thai practitioner, and i can tell you that first of all, leg kicks do hurt, and secondly kicks to the head really hurt. And did anyone care to see Diaz’s face after the fight. He at least got it as good as he gave…

Anyways a rematch is already set up.

Those kicks to the head were legit. But Condit did almost all his damage in one round. You'll rate a head kick higher than a leg kick right? So why aren't punches to the head while moving forward more effective than leg kicks while moving backwards?

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:27 AM »
That wasn't running.  Diaz just has poor footwork and couldn't cut him off.  Since Diaz was such a cry baby after the interview and combine that with the money being right, Condit was willing to give him a rematch but now Diaz seems to really not want it. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
You can't cut off someone who doesn't want to engage. Like I said, its like playing a game of tag.

Lets get something straight. Condit didn't have good footwork. Playing keepaway isn't footwork. Footwork is bobbing and weaving, changing angles, being evasive, etc. Keeping away entirely isn't footwork, its running.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:28:02 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
You can't cut off someone who doesn't want to engage. Like I said, its like playing a game of tag.

Lets get something straight. Condit didn't have good footwork. Playing keepaway isn't footwork. Footwork is bobbing and weaving, changing angles, being evasive, etc. Keeping away entirely isn't footwork, its running.

Condit somehow landed the more strikes while running?  Nah, what happened was he moved out of the way from Diaz trying to engage, and then would hit Diaz.  If Diaz had better footwork, he would have been able to corner Condit easily.  Diaz can't handle a guy that has okay lateral movement, that's the problem. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »

Condit somehow landed the more strikes while running?  Nah, what happened was he moved out of the way from Diaz trying to engage, and then would hit Diaz.  If Diaz had better footwork, he would have been able to corner Condit easily.  Diaz can't handle a guy that has okay lateral movement, that's the problem.  

No one could've cornered Condit. You can't stop someone from running. I don't know how many times it has to be said. No one can stop a guy from running.

rayallen0

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »

Condit somehow landed the more strikes while running?  Nah, what happened was he moved out of the way from Diaz trying to engage, and then would hit Diaz.  If Diaz had better footwork, he would have been able to corner Condit easily.  Diaz can't handle a guy that has okay lateral movement, that's the problem. 

No one could've cornered Condit. You can't stop someone from running.
sugar ray did the same thing? he made opponents chase him tell they got tired. You are acting like this is new in combat sports. You most def can get them. Diaz was being a bitch taunting and running straight like a bull. There have been lots of fights with fighters trying to get away and it ended with them knocked on their asses or an easy take down, as they are off balance. anyways Diaz was an idiot and smoked weed before the fight so would of been a NC either way.
 i smoke weed myself but for $200,000 think i could take a break.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »

No one could've cornered Condit. You can't stop someone from running.
sugar ray did the same thing? he made opponents chase him tell they got tired. You are acting like this is new in combat sports. You most def can get them. Diaz was being a bitch taunting and running straight like a bull. There have been lots of fights with fighters trying to get away and it ended with them knocked on their asses or an easy take down, as they are off balance. anyways Diaz was an idiot and smoked weed before the fight so would of been a NC either way.

You can clinch and try to drag them to the ground. But corner someone? Not happening.

This sets a bad precedent. Running away should never be seen as a winning strategy.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
Diaz was an idiot and smoked weed before the fight so would of been a NC either way.

Diaz is an idiot. For sure he deserves that loss now that the facts have come out. But running away should never be seen as a winning strategy. It makes the sport look like a joke when refusing to engage doesnt cost you points.