Author Topic: Carlos Conditt the new interim Welterweight UFC Champion  (Read 1096 times)

rayallen0

Carlos Conditt the new interim Welterweight UFC Champion
« on: February 04, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
Fuck yeah. Glad to see Diaz put in his place. Can't wait for GSP vs. Condit.

he retired Nick Diaz since he was being a lil baby ass bitch cry baby.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:54:27 PM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Carlos Conditt the new interim Welterweight UFC Champion
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »
How did you score that fight? I had Diaz 48-47.

I wanted to see Nick Diaz put in his place as well but I wish he woulda won this. I'd rather see GSP dominate him than see Condit win by backpedaling the entire fight.

rayallen0

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
I had Condit 48-47

Condit had an amazing strategy. he landed plenty of strikes and when he got into a disadvantageous situation backed away. If he fought Diaz in a brawl he would lose. Seeing Diaz cry like a bitch after the fight makes me even happier Condit won.

Would Diaz vs. GSP be a good fight? probs. but glad he won't get that big pay day. Diaz is one of the greats no doubt just look who he has beaten. but dude is a punk who doesn't show his opponents respect.

If Diaz decides not to retire i think Koscheck vs Diaz would be a good fight.

Man glad Werdrum won but what a chin on Roy Nelson. nothing but respect for Big Country after that.

was really impressed how Barão dominated Jorgensen.

I thought the Kos vs. Pierce fight was boring but glad Kos flipped off the boo birds. Hate them.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 07:38:09 PM »
Condit's strategy might have got him the win, but I don't think it was good for the sport. I don't like seeing a fight where one fighter is literally running away from the other at times. He implied he would war with Nick in the buildup and everyone was hyping it up so it was disappointing to see the way it turned out. And GSP needs to fight a punk. It's more interesting than two nice guys going at it.

Nelson is never going to be anything more than a gatekeeper. He's shown time and time again that he has nothing to offer any top heavyweight. And his fights are predictable now. After the first two minutes you realize he's just going to be a punching bag for the rest of the fight. He needs to improve his striking drastically.

rayallen0

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
Diaz is still too caught up in the outdated notion that a “fight” is two men standing in front of each other and wildly winging punches until someone falls down. On the streets of Stockton maybe that’s exactly how it goes but inside the Octagon against the best the world has to offer, that’s simply not the case and it never will be.

Running away is what Kalib Starnes did with Nate Quarry. The same thing happened with Anderson Silva and Demian Maia. To claim that Carlos Condit was similar in his tactics is insane and uneducated. Carlos effectively counterstruck and won the fight just like he should have.

Machida was deemed a genius for the way he stays away from fighters and never got caught and became a champion because of it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:44:25 PM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
Diaz is still too caught up in the outdated notion that a “fight” is two men standing in front of each other and wildly winging punches until someone falls down. On the streets of Stockton maybe that’s exactly how it goes but inside the Octagon against the best the world has to offer, that’s simply not the case and it never will be.

Running away is what Kalib Starnes did with Nate Quarry. The same thing happened with Anderson Silva and Demian Maia. To claim that Carlos Condit was similar in his tactics is insane and uneducated. Carlos effectively counterstruck and won the fight just like he should have.

Machida was deemed a genius for the way he stays away from fighters and never got caught and became a champion because of it.

I'm a fan of evasive maneuvering. Like what Frankie Edgar and Dominic Cruz do. But Condit was literally running away. Like turning his back to his opponent and sprinting to the other side of the cage. That isn't a strategy anyone who calls themselves a fighter should be using. That's the same strategy the smaller kid on a playground uses when a bully is coming to beat his ass.

Imagine if every fighter did what Condit did those first two rounds. We would be seeing some incredibly boring fights every time. As fans we shouldn't be advocating that. The only saving grace of that fight is that Nick wasn't checking Condit's kicks, allowing him to score damage. Imagine if Nick had been blocking or dodging those kicks and how bad of a fight it would've been, instead of being just somewhat disappointing. It would've been Kongo/Mitrione status. I'm all for avoiding being hit in the face, but not refusing to engage. Machida gets out of range of strikes, but he isn't actively running from his opponent, and when they try and strike him, he punishes them for it.

rayallen0

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:39:53 PM »
did u see diaz face after the fight? there were over 100 strikes landed. of course condit ran out of being cornered. I don't understand what you want him to do? push him off him? trade punches? walk away? slide away? just dodge punches like a boxer?

he isn't a better grappler or a better striker. he is a smarter fighter. If diaz wasn't a fucking idiot he would of stood in the middle and made Condit come to him. but Diaz never has a good game plan. he is a baby just like cesar gracie and it is no wonder what a punk he is training with Cesar.

Boring? no Shamrock vs Severn II is boring. that fight had plenty of great tactics.

I fight, and just trying to dodge punches instead of getting out of the way is a horrible idea against a man considered the best boxer in MMA. very bad. I have wrestling experience so i can usually grapple out of it but that uses a shit load of energy. a little jog out of the and getting diaz frustrated is much better. I don't get why people are acting like this is Kalib Barnes.

I'd match rather watch this fight 100X than all these wrestlers just sitting on opponents doing no damage.

Koscheck vs. Pierce = boring

this fight was average and only a letdown because people though Conditt was gonna be an idiot and just stand there like Roy Nelson.

I wanted Diaz to fight GSP. I picked him to win. but he didn't. Conditt proved to be the more prepared fighter. Martial arts isn't brawling. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:42:58 PM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
The first two rounds of the fight were a fucking joke. You can't give Condit credit for a strategy used by people who don't want to fight. It's something literally any fighter could start doing. How hard is it to run from your opponent? I hope to god fighters don't start using this tactic. It makes the sport look horrible. I've seen my share of mma fights. I've seen fighters handle better boxers than them. Condit wasn't just staying out of range, he was disengaging completely for 10 minutes.

So you thought this was fight of the year then? I sure didn't. If running is your only option to handle an opponent's standup, you're admitting defeat in my eyes. I've been in real fights as a kid. And the one running from engagement is the one not wanting to fight.

rayallen0

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
i didn't call it fight of the year.

and this wasn't some stupid street fight. this is a sport not a brawl for some lil kids.

he ran like 4 times? the fight was fine there was plenty of action. Nobody was even complaining everybody knew he lost. then Diaz just has to say "oh he ran" and everybody regains hope that condit actually lost. GSP has like 6 fights on his record that were worse. Silva has atleast 2 of the most boring fights ever. and we are picking on Condit cuz he didn't fight like Tank Abbott and fought like someone with the mind of a champion not just the physical capabilities?

you are acting like conditt ran away the whole fight? no when he got in the corner he ran out of it. like anybody with half a brain and not just some retarded need to show off how manly you are would do. he engaged the rest of the fight. and in disadvantegous situations he moved out of them.

see this?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBQnlwq-sCQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OBQnlwq-sCQ</a>
this is running. thats what a running tactic gets you. a loss.

making sure you aren't pushed up against the cage by a dangerous striker by moving to the other side of the cage and then engaging by throwing leg kicks to weaken his legs and set up for his big shots is smart.

chasing after dude and taunting him instead of making him come to you is not.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:48 PM »
see this?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBQnlwq-sCQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OBQnlwq-sCQ</a>
this is running. thats what a running tactic gets you. a loss.

That's literally what the fight was like the first 2 rounds, with an occasional leg kick. Actually it looked worse because Condit turned his back and sprinted.

What I don't understand is how lying on top of a guy gets you a win (aggression, octagon control) but making a guy flee from you for 5 minutes doesn't.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
i didn't call it fight of the year.

and this wasn't some stupid street fight. this is a sport not a brawl for some lil kids.

Was Henderson/Guida a stupid street fight? I'd say no, yet it still managed to be exciting and engaging. Condit/Diaz was a snoozefest in comparison.

It's a sport. A sport about fighting. Don't act all high and mighty now, you watch a sport where the purpose is to hurt someone. I don't want to see someone running away. Avoiding attacks and countering? Sure! Avoiding any kind of engagement for 5 minutes just throwing occasional leg kicks? Hell no.

Congrats Condit, I dedicate this song to you:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:17:56 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

rayallen0

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
in the great words of Bas Rutten

"when Ali sticks and moves he is the greatest boxer of all time, when Condit does it he is running. I don't get it" Fighting backwards is extremely hard to do. Nick Diaz was throwing baby punches as well so that argument is stupid.

It is extremely hard to punch backwards. Nick Diaz just has a great poker face. those kicks looked just as good as his punches. Tell me the last fighter to stand in the pocket with Nick Diaz and won? Amazing footwork and did more damage. I have no clue how people are seeing this fight. all the things on the chat box where i was watching the stream was Condit won. then Diaz said shit and it blew up that Condit was running and all that shit.

I kinda love seeing everybody so butthurt about the Diaz/Condit decision. It's like Diaz fans and dissenters are collectively mean mugging.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:39:30 PM by rayallen0 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 01:25:10 PM »
Really? You're making yourself look bad by comparing sticking and moving to running until your back is against the cage, then turning your back to your opponent and running to the other side, rinse and repeat. You're a knowledgeable guy on mma, so either you don't know much about boxing or you're feigning ignorance in the hopes that I don't.

Dude I'm not a Diaz fan. I was looking to see him get picked apart. But running isn't a winning strategy. Never has been. And I hope to god it doesn't become one. Imagine how sad mma will become if everyone starts using it. I may not like Diaz, but I'm not gonna use my dislike of him to endorse a strategy that should never be used in any competition that calls itself a fight.

You should be mad. Because by calling it a brilliant strategy you're advocating it become a regular part of mma. And I don't think its that difficult of a strategy to pull off, just takes the ability to not mind looking like a coward. You can't force someone to engage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:30:34 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

rayallen0

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:40 PM »
Really? You're making yourself look bad by comparing sticking and moving to running until your back is against the cage, then turning your back to your opponent and running to the other side, rinse and repeat. You're a knowledgeable guy on mma, so either you don't know much about boxing or you're feigning ignorance in the hopes that I don't.

Dude I'm not a Diaz fan. I was looking to see him get picked apart. But running isn't a winning strategy. Never has been. And I hope to god it doesn't become one. Imagine how sad mma will become if everyone starts using it. I may not like Diaz, but I'm not gonna use my dislike of him to endorse a strategy that should never be used in any competition that calls itself a fight.

You should be mad. Because by calling it a brilliant strategy you're advocating it become a regular part of mma. And I don't think its that difficult of a strategy to pull off, just takes the ability to not mind looking like a coward. You can't force someone to engage.
ur acting like there were 0 strikes? he fought well backwards. you don't fight in the pocket with Nick Diaz. Paul Daley lost doing that and he is a much better striker than Condit. either he runs out or looks like an idiot. If Condit ran hit. ran hit. and that was all sure. but no he engaged plenty until he was cornered and didn't bite into it. No people will not start using this because its a simple case of taking the middle and getting your opponent to come to them. Condit had 2 KO of the night performances before this he did this for pure strategy. That was Diaz kryptonite. You aren't gonna win a striking war with him and neither guy could wrestle and diaz has better submissions. So strategy had to come in. Maybe it looked silly. but it was far from boring. over 100 strikes were landed. i liked the fight. if you didn't thats cool but we aren't going to change each other minds. you made your points i made mine.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
Who said he had to stay in the pocket? Do Dominic Cruz or Frankie Edgar stay in the pocket? No, but they don't run away all night either.