0 (0%)
Chalmers
0 (0%)
Miller
0 (0%)
Lin
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Best Point Guard in the NBA?  (Read 2769 times)

rayallen0

Re: Best Point Guard in the NBA?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
CP3, easy.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
though i dont like traditional point guards

LOL...i dont get why u keep saying this. the greatest point guards ever = traditional point guards. what dont u like about that? its like saying u dont like traditional centers, u like centers who sit out on the perimeter and shoot threes.

i like scoring point guards like billups, AI (sg either or), rose, deron, etc etc.

but i like traditional centers. yea the best PGs were traditional point guards but i like PGs that like to score as well as dishing to teammates.

i'd say deron williams is a traditional point guard..u gotta understand, it's nice to have a point guard who can score. but it is always better for the team to have a point guard who is looking to set people up, first and foremost. thats why traditional point guards typically gain the most success.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »
^ Co sign, GP>>>Magic, Isaiah, etc.

LOL

Magic>>>>>>>>all the point guards who ever played...combined

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »

LOL...i dont get why u keep saying this. the greatest point guards ever = traditional point guards. what dont u like about that? its like saying u dont like traditional centers, u like centers who sit out on the perimeter and shoot threes.

i like scoring point guards like billups, AI (sg either or), rose, deron, etc etc.

but i like traditional centers. yea the best PGs were traditional point guards but i like PGs that like to score as well as dishing to teammates.

i'd say deron williams is a traditional point guard..u gotta understand, it's nice to have a point guard who can score. but it is always better for the team to have a point guard who is looking to set people up, first and foremost. thats why traditional point guards typically gain the most success.

Yeah, like John Stockton & Steve Nash & all their rings. ::)

Rondo, Isiah Thomas & Jason Kidd (last year) are the only point guards who were "traditional" to win a ring in the last two decades.

The rest of the rings in the last twenty years were won by Jordan, Kobe & Shaq & Duncan.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 05:13:12 PM »

Yeah, like John Stockton & Steve Nash & all their rings. ::)

Rondo, Isiah Thomas & Jason Kidd (last year) are the only point guards who were "traditional" to win a ring in the last two decades.

The rest of the rings in the last twenty years were won by Jordan, Kobe & Shaq & Duncan.

LOL...Steve Nash never had a chance with that retarded ass Suns team+offense. John Stockton was one of the greatest point guards of all time, though. Name me ONE non-traditional point guard who was better than John Stockton...I'm waiting.

and yea, the triangle offense requires ZERO production from the point guard spot. thats why we've been so successful over the past decade...but Tony Parker has great point guard skills. without that, Spurs had no chance.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
I'm not denying either are incredible PGs. But neither have rings. Therefore, by your standards, they have ZERO "success".

lol, okay, Tony Parker too. Four in twenty years. That's not very successful.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
I'm not denying either are incredible PGs. But neither have rings. Therefore, by your standards, they have ZERO "success".

lol, okay, Tony Parker too. Four in twenty years. That's not very successful.

individual success.. we havent had a great point guard on a great team in a long time now. the superstars of the last few championship teams have been either shooting guard/small forwards or power forward/centers

rayallen0

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »
forgetting billups CC?  :nawty:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
forgetting billups CC?  :nawty:

We've established him as a "scoring" PG. Not "traditional".

rayallen0

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 07:21:19 PM »
So a scoring PG can lead his team to a championship  :o

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »

If the history of the NBA has told us anything, it's that wing players & absolutely dominating big men win Championships.

Derek Fisher is an average PG, who can shoot & plays scrappy defense & has five rings thanks to Kobe & Shaq. Chris Paul is probably the best PG in the last decade & can't even get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

If the history of the NBA has told us anything, it's that wing players & absolutely dominating big men win Championships.

Derek Fisher is an average PG, who can shoot & plays scrappy defense & has five rings thanks to Kobe & Shaq. Chris Paul is probably the best PG in the last decade & can't even get out of the first round of the playoffs.

look at Chris Paul's teams as of today, and try telling me he really had a chance with a straight face.....lol come on, now

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »

look at Chris Paul's teams as of today, and try telling me he really had a chance with a straight face.....lol come on, now

This is the same nigga who sat there for seven years & thought LeBron playing with Daniel Gibson & Big Z was arguably more talented than the Lakers 3-peat team.

rayallen0

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
and the thread derailment begins in 5-4-3-2