Author Topic: Xzibit - Napalm (This Summer)  (Read 1381 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Xzibit - Napalm (This Summer)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
A new album for Xzibit is a day 1 purchase for me. X always comes so hard lyrically. Peeps wouldn't call him a 'lyrical' rapper I guess, but to me he uses some of the best (and original) wordplay. I'm still bumping Phenom shits hella dope. 8)

Who wouldn't?

I dunno man, hiphop headz are a sensitive bunch. If I posted up a thread callin X a dope lyricist people would start shouting 'Stan' and 'Diccrida'

Xzibit always been a lyrical rapper, i'm not sure what you talkin' about.

Will B on some bullshit again

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 04:22:25 AM »
A new album for Xzibit is a day 1 purchase for me. X always comes so hard lyrically. Peeps wouldn't call him a 'lyrical' rapper I guess, but to me he uses some of the best (and original) wordplay. I'm still bumping Phenom shits hella dope. 8)

Who wouldn't?

I dunno man, hiphop headz are a sensitive bunch. If I posted up a thread callin X a dope lyricist people would start shouting 'Stan' and 'Diccrida'

Easy now : :laugh:

I consider X one of the most inventive on the West, always coming with originallity, personallity and creativity plus impact with his content. Just his content is relatively limited, so I wouldn't call him a purely lyrical rapper...for the reason I stated, that someone will aways jump up and claim he doesn't fit into that 'pigeonhole'.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

Who wouldn't?

I consider X one of the most inventive on the West, always coming with originallity, personallity and creativity plus impact with his content. Just his content is relatively limited, so I wouldn't call him a purely lyrical rapper...for the reason I stated, that someone will aways jump up and claim he doesn't fit into that 'pigeonhole'.

I'm not sure what that pigeonhole is. Crooked I or Kurupt's content is even more limited. Heck, so is Rakim's.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

Who wouldn't?

I'm not sure what that pigeonhole is. Crooked I or Kurupt's content is even more limited. Heck, so is Rakim's.

now hold on a second here...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:26:05 AM by DblPen »

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »

Who wouldn't?

Fans like to categorize rappers. I guess more lyrical rappers would tend to have more varied and intellectual content in their music.

But thats not me.

I'm listening for the rappers personality in their performance, and wordplay, flow/technique, delivery and synergy with the beat. The lyrical inventiveness (however you wanna call it) is important, but you've also got the hook, if there are more rappers on the track how do they work together, does the vocal compliment the musical style of the track (But equally the musicality of the beat alone is important too).

Topic is down to the rapper...some are deeper lyrically but that doesn't mean I'll feel what he's spitting.

A track either works as a whole or it doesn't. Regardless of rhyming style or writing.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »
You read the strangest shit in these threads sometimes haha.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »

I'll take it a step further, Xzibit is the best rapper EVER to match his bars up perfectly. Shit is flawless like he counts the amount of letters in each word or some shit. I'm not even a big X fan but I'm being honest
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:30 AM »

I'll take it a step further, Xzibit is the best rapper EVER to match his bars up perfectly. Shit is flawless like he counts the amount of letters in each word or some shit. I'm not even a big X fan but I'm being honest

+1
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 04:04:23 AM »

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
id say, that it sounds too good to be true, but at least we got photo evidences that he actually has worked with Dre & others

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »
id say, that it sounds too good to be true, but at least we got photo evidences that he actually has worked with Dre & others

Well yea, when I first heard for all of these dudes on "Napalm" I was saying same thing like you did, too good to be truth, but if you get back on that interview about his new album he said like I won't make mistakes like I did with Full Circle, Im gonna work hard on this one, and when I'm ready ya'll gonna be suprised.

dameons

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
I  want this...

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
Prodigy from Mobb Deep is also on album!

doggfather

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
Prodigy from Mobb Deep is also on album!

really???
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ