Author Topic: DJ Quik Tells All: The Stories Behind his Classic Records (Complex Music)  (Read 1470 times)

Desert Lord

The best read I've read on this website ever.

co-sign

Desert Lord

I love these quotes
I'm not trying to be arrogant or whatever. But that music is coming from somewhere. Without me it wouldn't exist. There would be no 'Addictive' if it wasn't for me. There would be no 'In Da Club,' 'Tonite,' 'Why U Bullshittin,' 'Let's Get Down,' and a lot of records where people just tried to sound like me. 'Addictive' is a record that saved my life, gave me something to smile about in the darkest moments of my life.
lol it's so stupid, he says he only helped with the drum sounds of In da club. 50 wrote the song on his own and dre & mike already had a basic beat ready

listen to that track again...the drums are an important part of it

Desert Lord

I always had a feeling that R.Kelly Home Alone track had a Quik influence to it.  Now I know he had a lot to do with it actually.  Great Read!

yeah, it's too obvious... 8)

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
Quik is that muthafucka. Hes clearly ahead of the game with his bomb ass music.

Glad to have met him. A real cool dude.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Heartz of men is such an incredible beat
2nd II none need their fucking heads checked turning that beat down

pac 1 of many that could wreck that beat..

2nd II none would be useless on it..that beat aint even 2nd ii none style..

only person in quiks circle that couldve possible destroyed that beat the way pac did...is suga free

woulda been a perfect suga free beat...free's comedy plus richard pryors..would be 2nd ii none..

soopa-man

Very good read cool to take a look back at tracks I grew up off of

sofdark

He needs to find his "Kendrick Lamar" cause his beats are still amazing.

sofdark

I've read couple of the interviews and gotta admit, Quik's a funny ass mothafucker.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I love these quotes
I'm not trying to be arrogant or whatever. But that music is coming from somewhere. Without me it wouldn't exist. There would be no 'Addictive' if it wasn't for me. There would be no 'In Da Club,' 'Tonite,' 'Why U Bullshittin,' 'Let's Get Down,' and a lot of records where people just tried to sound like me. 'Addictive' is a record that saved my life, gave me something to smile about in the darkest moments of my life.
lol it's so stupid, he says he only helped with the drum sounds of In da club. 50 wrote the song on his own and dre & mike already had a basic beat ready

listen to that track again...the drums are an important part of it
i didn't say that the drums weren't important, but to state that without quik's help, the song wouldn't exist is bullshit.
his role in the making of the song was small

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
Without the drums that song would never been a hit. So even if the song would exist we would probably not have heard it.

Never heard that Danny Boy album before. Danny_Boy_-_Its_About_Time__2010_ .. Recorded 1995.. lots of Quik beats! Dope

Matty

Without the drums that song would never been a hit. So even if the song would exist we would probably not have heard it.

Never heard that Danny Boy album before. Danny_Boy_-_Its_About_Time__2010_ .. Recorded 1995.. lots of Quik beats! Dope

yeah that 'steppin' track he's talking about is classic! best on the album for me, shame about the shitty WA sound quality. i've asked efrain to have a go at that album if he can, or just that track would be superb to hear a bit clearer.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
you don't know, it could have been a hit with different drumsounds.

fact is, quik had minimal involvement in the making of the song

Elko.

Also dope because Quik gave an awesome interview.  8)

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
He needs to find his "Kendrick Lamar" cause his beats are still amazing.

Yup, and Gift Reynolds isn't it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
so in love is a classic quik beat.