Author Topic: Just bumped Doctor's Advocate.  (Read 1219 times)

Remedy360

Re: Just bumped Doctor's Advocate.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:59 AM »
Game, to me, is the most average rapper of all time..

Like I said earlier, he was never a great lyricist, but he had a lot of good things going for him for a while. His prime shit will always be personal favorites of mine but I won't knock people for disliking him either.

bouli77

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 01:20:20 AM »

he's above the average IMO, especially on the west. never been a huge fan, but he definitely has something. his delivery and his rhyme scheme. Game's not a lyricist but i think he's a bit underrated when it comes to writing tracks. i mean i understand his name dropping gets annoying, but i always thought the way he put rhymes together was pretty good, that and the play on words and puns he often makes (although it gets corny sometimes).

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »

he's above the average IMO, especially on the west. never been a huge fan, but he definitely has something. his delivery and his rhyme scheme. Game's not a lyricist but i think he's a bit underrated when it comes to writing tracks. i mean i understand his name dropping gets annoying, but i always thought the way he put rhymes together was pretty good, that and the play on words and puns he often makes (although it gets corny sometimes).

i think average is actually a compliment, considerin most rappers suck nowadays. but he's nothin special...his best asset is production. he's good at crafting his flow/songs, but he's pretty damn average to me as far as bein a rapper goes. i fux with his older shit, though.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 09:02:50 AM »
The Game is an average lyricist but a horrible song writer. Almost every track he's ever done is about pretty much nothing. Some rappers will talk about pimpin, or slanging, or killing people, or how much money they have. The Game talks about everything, on every song, every time. Horrible horrible artist, but his voice and flow seem to scratch people the right way.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Songs from Doctor's Advocate will play in my car every so often (since the iPhone is usually playing stuff at random), but it lost its (intentional) replay value really fast.  It's only considered "good" because the follow-up albums were so bad.  It reminds me of how big Doggystyle was, then Tha Doggfather was mediore, but people started praising it a lot more after the No Limit albums came out.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
The Game is an average lyricist but a horrible song writer. Almost every track he's ever done is about pretty much nothing. Some rappers will talk about pimpin, or slanging, or killing people, or how much money they have. The Game talks about everything, on every song, every time. Horrible horrible artist, but his voice and flow seem to scratch people the right way.

And sometimes you just wanna switch off your brain and bump somethin as motherfuckin loud as possible! Games music is perfect for that!

Oh and yeah.. R.E.D. is straight trash! I loved DA, DOC and LAX but damn man.. even with 600 singles and the best producers he some how failed.

caffeinefiend

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »
Game is a weird artist. I never really feel his shit when it comes out. But you hear it because he does get airplay and so on. Then a couple years later you get the "damn I didn't remember it was that good"-effect like Cham did with this album. It's happened to me a lot of times with Game. Maybe it's because of the good production along with familiarity from being programmed/brainwashed into your brain by mass media. Or maybe he's just a couple years "ahead" of me musically haha.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 11:06:07 AM »
I still bump The Documentary.  Game is kind of the last mainstream West Coast artist we've had.   Maybe it's time I dust off Doctor's Advocate and take a trip down memory lane with it.  Honestly I haven't bumped that one since the year it came out but I do remember thinking it was dope.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
Game is a weird artist. I never really feel his shit when it comes out. But you hear it because he does get airplay and so on. Then a couple years later you get the "damn I didn't remember it was that good"-effect like Cham did with this album. It's happened to me a lot of times with Game. Maybe it's because of the good production along with familiarity from being programmed/brainwashed into your brain by mass media. Or maybe he's just a couple years "ahead" of me musically haha.

co-sign, weird is the right term. and never really like his stuff when i first hear it. but yeah when i listen to his stuff i'm always surprised at how good it actually sounds compared to the first time i heard it.

Westcoast Pig

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 11:43:53 AM »
I still bump The Documentary.  Game is kind of the last mainstream West Coast artist we've had.   Maybe it's time I dust off Doctor's Advocate and take a trip down memory lane with it.  Honestly I haven't bumped that one since the year it came out but I do remember thinking it was dope.
i thought u were from iowa

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
I still bump The Documentary.  Game is kind of the last mainstream West Coast artist we've had.   Maybe it's time I dust off Doctor's Advocate and take a trip down memory lane with it.  Honestly I haven't bumped that one since the year it came out but I do remember thinking it was dope.

now theres gay west coast main stream artists like tyga that make game sound like a lyrical genius..

Remedy360

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
I still bump The Documentary.  Game is kind of the last mainstream West Coast artist we've had.   Maybe it's time I dust off Doctor's Advocate and take a trip down memory lane with it.  Honestly I haven't bumped that one since the year it came out but I do remember thinking it was dope.

now theres gay west coast main stream artists like tyga that make game sound like a lyrical genius..

LOL, that's some funny shit, I honestly had no idea that Tyga was from the West Coast..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »

lol Tyga ain't any worse at rapping than Game, he just chooses to make bullshit songs.

This to me is better than Game's namedropping:

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »

lol Tyga ain't any worse at rapping than Game, he just chooses to make bullshit songs.

Game has way better mic presence/flow than Tyga..

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »

Great subject on the song but terrible rapping. No different than any youtube rapper out.

Game at least tries to have real multies in his schemes!