2 (50%)
Fabolous
0 (0%)
Lloyd Banks
0 (0%)
Meek Mill 2017
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Meek Mill in 5 years  (Read 295 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Meek Mill in 5 years
« on: June 09, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
#1:  Beanie Sigel/Freeway
Has the home team behind his back. He can put out his own single with success without the Label head (in this case Jay Z).  Will have a moderate dominate success on his own ventures (i.e. movies and clothes)

#2:  Cassidy
Had a of this hype Virally and nobody could wait on a full retail commercial album and then when he released it was wack as hell and soon after that faded off.

#3:  Fabolous
The boss of the younger generation of OGs for Up North Rap even tho he's sold out commercially and couldn't make a hardcore street record again to save his life without exausting his showmanship (Fab's punch lines are still crazy... "I'm gettin rich, powered milk")

#4:  Lloyd Banks
Once belonged to one of the strongest Dynasties in Hip Hop and then overnight just fell off and people don't care to hear from him any more.

#5:  Meek Mill 2017
Bigger than life, superstar status.  Touring all over overseas and if he isn't headlining then he's at the top of the bill with someone his equal or slightly better.  Kinda like he is now but he can stand on his own two feet without having to be "put on" by somebody else

I'm kinda undecided.  On one hand I think he's got a bright future as a rapper but I look for more than that, I look for longevity.  Right now he has Philly on his back and is arguably becoming bigger or just as big as Wiz Khalifa and is slowly becoming bigger than Beanie Sigel.  That's how I feel anyway.  I like his music and his energy is crazy.  If he could expand on the Jalil Beats sound and have a few more songs with rolling bassdrums (like lex luger/three 6) he could drop a classic.  Just add some dust on those beats and find another few records that are just as big if not bigger than "House Party" then he could be onto something.  It's possible he'll never crack 300K on an album tho.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Meek Mill in 5 years
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
he's his own self

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:45:51 PM »
Tru dat, Tru dat indeed

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »
I'm sure he'll do alright, hopefully he sticks to his sound, would be dope to see a feature on their from Beanie, passing the torch. I don't see him being as big as Banks, Sigel or Fab in their primes though.

Ross needs to drop his own album already though, none of his singles have cracked the charts and if he keeps waiting for the right one he's gonna fuck around and lose steam which will take a lot away from the hype around Meek.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
I think he's already just as big as Banks in his prime now. 

But you could be right about the rest tho.  And I don't think Ross is losing steam, not even but he fucked up staggering "Bag Of Money" by putting T Pain on there, he just brings the song all of the way down (even if he only used his for the "strip club" vibe). 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
we'll see.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
I think he's already just as big as Banks in his prime now. 

But you could be right about the rest tho.  And I don't think Ross is losing steam, not even but he fucked up staggering "Bag Of Money" by putting T Pain on there, he just brings the song all of the way down (even if he only used his for the "strip club" vibe). 

If he keeps dropping singles that don't hit though, people are gonna stop believing the hype, he's tryna get record sales from bitches when his core audience is hood type dudes, I believe he's got a dope ass album up his sleeve so hopefully the July release date sticks.

I dunno about Meek being as big as Bank now, Banks had a number 1 album, HFM sold 1.5 milli in the U.S. and he was just coming off a group album that sold 6 million worldwide. All of his singles charted with 3 that he was involved in being in the top 20 of the hot 100.

Tupac Back and I'ma Boss didn't even hit the hot 100, and Self Made barely sold 200k. I know times are different now but Banks was on a whole nother level, Meek hasn't got the worldwide recognition Banks had either.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:57:04 PM »
I think its comparable between Rick Ross today and 50 Cent back in the day in general terms.  Same as his crew, except IMO they're better with the exceptions of Stalley and Omarion.  Just compare their hotstreaks to each other.  50 came up under Dre and Eminem, Ross came up by himself so there's an edge he had, I'm not trying to give the Handicap to Ross but it counts, he had the greatest machine behind him at the time.  Niggas are riding around CRANKIN Rick Ross and MMG, it's not even close with 50 and G Unit.  You probably couldn't even name anybody on GUnit other than probably Banks (and maybe Kidd Kidd)

If you're going to compare 2003 to 2012 i'd say that they're very similar (both Banks and Meek).  And if I'm not wrong both Meek Mill and Stalley are doing shows in Europe right now or soon to be.  I don't know how big the venues are and if they've sold out or not but they're still doing shows over there and elsewhere.  

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
I think its comparable between Rick Ross today and 50 Cent back in the day in general terms.  Same as his crew, except IMO they're better with the exceptions of Stalley and Omarion.  Just compare their hotstreaks to each other.  50 came up under Dre and Eminem, Ross came up by himself so there's an edge he had, I'm not trying to give the Handicap to Ross but it counts, he had the greatest machine behind him at the time.  Niggas are riding around CRANKIN Rick Ross and MMG, it's not even close with 50 and G Unit.  You probably couldn't even name anybody on GUnit other than probably Banks (and maybe Kidd Kidd)

If you're going to compare 2003 to 2012 i'd say that they're very similar (both Banks and Meek).  And if I'm not wrong both Meek Mill and Stalley are doing shows in Europe right now or soon to be.  I don't know how big the venues are and if they've sold out or not but they're still doing shows over there and elsewhere.  

Lol there's no way you can compare Ross to 50, c'mon man just stop. Get Rich sold over 6 milli in the US, Ross hasn't even had an album go platinum. And if you don't want to compare numbers because Times Have Changed, look at the singles. Get Rich had 3 number 1 singles and one at number 3. Ross hasn't even had a song in the top 10 of the Hot 100. And I'm just comparing 50's first album to Ross' whole catalog. Ross has you way too gassed up, 50 was as big as Em in his prime. You could compare Wayne around C3 to 50 with Get Rich, but Ross aint on that level at all yet.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »
So we're not going to count the machine?

I think "get rich or die trying" has u gassed.  U forgot that when "tha massacre" came out it got mixed reviews and it sold becuz of the GUnit HYPE.  I know what you're trying to say but Ross has the streets on lock, 50 hasn't done that since right around "Buck The World".  I'm not minimalizing his accolades but 50 had the BIGGEST machine behind him with Interscope and Aftermath, Jeezy and Ross were saved Def Jam from falling under and now Def Jam is bigger than Interscope and Aftermath (in Hip Hop)

Rick Ross is a household name all across the hood.  Wale helped usher in poetry in today's mainstream rap, Meek Mill has the streets on fire.  I think you're reaching saying that Meek Mill hasn't reiching the same level as Banks. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:38:20 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Ross and Jeezy saved a label, you coulda been ANYBODY damn near and did numbers on Aftermath. 

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
So we're not going to count the machine?

I think "get rich or die trying" has u gassed.  U forgot that when "tha massacre" came out it got mixed reviews and it sold becuz of the GUnit HYPE.  I know what you're trying to say but Ross has the streets on lock, 50 hasn't done that since right around "Buck The World".  I'm not minimalizing his accolades but 50 had the BIGGEST machine behind him with Interscope and Aftermath, Jeezy and Ross were saved Def Jam from falling under and now Def Jam is bigger than Interscope and Aftermath (in Hip Hop)

Rick Ross is a household name all across the hood.  Wale helped usher in poetry in today's mainstream rap, Meek Mill has the streets on fire.  I think you're reaching saying that Meek Mill hasn't reiching the same level as Banks. 

Meek hasn't even dropped an album yet, he's got no charting singles, it's a fact he's not on Banks level yet. Wait until the album drops and we can see. I thought we were comparing Meek now to Banks in his prime and Ross and MMG to 50 and the Unit in their prime, not comparing them to how they stand now? As of right now Ross and Meek have a bigger buzz than 50 and The Unit, but we began by comparing them now to the other artists in their prime, dunno where you got that mixed up?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
Ross and Jeezy saved a label, you coulda been ANYBODY damn near and did numbers on Aftermath. 

Busta went Gold, so there's that theory out the window

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
Busta wasn't hardly a new artist and Busta didn't even stand out at Aftermath... next (good album tho).  Busta Rhymes didn't help Aftermath, Aftermath helped him even tho there was hype from both sides

And you were the 1 comparing them.  The "Dream Chasers" series has garnered the same amount of attention Banks albums have, i dont know why you're sysing it like that.  plus Ross released his debut commercial album in August of 2006 and 50 released his commercial debut album in February of 2003, that's only 3 years and 5 months apart.  For the past 3 years 50 has been struggling to keep attention (i love his movies tho) while Ross has been steadily increasing in popularity and having 2 or 3 of the top hottest rappers in the game right now and last year isn't too bad either.  You're underminding the success of Rick Ross and MMG as a crew, a staff, and a muthafuckin record label!

but whatever tho, if facts can't smack u in the face then i'm sure i can't.  u have your inaccurate views and i'll have my accurate 1's.  it's not a big deal anyway, it's just music.  you're just wrong.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »
Lol I'm referring to album sales and singles charting, you're confusing your own opinion with fact. I'm basing this off numbers, you're basing it off hype.