Author Topic: Shallow, talk to me man.. what the hell happened to Matt Cassel?  (Read 126 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I always supported Matt Cassel inspite of what everyone in the city was saying.  You know people in the city love to blame the quarterback when I team loses but I really didn't think it was Cassel's fault last year.  Because last year Jammal Charles was injured for the season and one of his favorite targets Moeki was injured for the season, and his offensive line had holes.

The first 3 games of this season Cassel caught hell from Chiefs fans but if you look at his numbers they were solid.  Not to mention, if you actually watched the games, many of his interceptions came late in games when the Chiefs were already out of it, and he was trying to force some plays... or it would bounce off of the receivers hand and then be intercepted.

...But I think ultimately that perception became reality.  And people complained about Cassel so much around here that he started to believe it himself.  I mean they even booed him in a celebrity softball game here in Kansas City.   

So finally the last two weeks Cassel has played like shit.   This last game was so aweful he almost had as many turnovers (5) as completions (9).   He even had first and 1 at the Ravens goal line, with the chance to give the Chiefs their first lead of the whole season and he fumbled a QB sneak and turned the ball back over to the Ravens.  It was the most frustrating Chiefs loss I've ever witnessed.  Because we basically dominated the Ravens the entire game and still managed to lose.

Shallow.. help me make sense of this mess!!!!!!!!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

O.G A.Geesta'z

Re: Shallow, talk to me man.. what the hell happened to Matt Cassel?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
you cant dominate a game only scoring 6 points bro...

dominating a game is like winning with atleast 14+ points
The West is Back

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
Since there are practically 2 threads referring to Cassel, its simple.  Cassel is overrated.  The reason the ingratriots went 11-5 with him in 08 is cause of their creampuff schedule.  Something espn refuses 2 mention  >:(  Looks like chiefs fans are realizing that now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
Since there are practically 2 threads referring to Cassel, its simple.  Cassel is overrated.  The reason the ingratriots went 11-5 with him in 08 is cause of their creampuff schedule.  Something espn refuses 2 mention  >:(  Looks like chiefs fans are realizing that now.

The reason was the offensive system. Just like the only other time he was under that same system, in KC, they also went 11-5.