Author Topic: Dr Dre & Warren G  (Read 1933 times)

DaDaMan

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dr Dre & Warren G
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:32 AM »
I got a question about these two, I know they are stepbrothers and probobly grew up together but why doesnt dre like him.

When warren brought snoop and nate to death row, they told warren to go on his own and didnt sign him on death row,
Never seen any collabo with dre and warren.

Why does dre pusg warren away, why doesnt he like him, whats the situation between them

Okka

Re: Dr Dre & Warren G
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:02 AM »
How do you know that Dre doesn't "like him"? Dre told him to be his own man and sign with Def Jam and i'm glad Warren did that. He released classics after classics and his album wasn't goin' to come out on Death Row anyway. Dre has produced two songs for Warren and as we all know now, Warren G made some of the beats on "The Chronic". Snoop Dogg confirmed that.

DaDaMan

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 06:32:15 AM »

here listen to this one, there is something between them two,

yes he told him to go on his own and why didnt he do it to snoop and nate then? why did he break 213 and signed 2 of them but not the third one (warren) why did they all got death row jackets but not warren!
Warren is a nice and humble guy, i know he loves and respects dre and i think dre respects him too but there is something there that makes dre push him away from him.

about the songs on chronic, warren didnt pruduce them for dre he produced them for 213 and since chronic was coming out so they took it from him and put it on chronic, thats how death row was working, like they took dre's california love and put it on 2pacs album cuz it was the next one to come out, there is an great interview about it too

Okka

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
Suge Knight had some issues with Warren G. Didn't know Warren produced those songs for 213, you got a link for that interview?

DaDaMan

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:56:28 AM »
yeah but when dre left deathrow he could have made somthing with him on chronic 2001 or a collabo with him since then, i dont even remember warren being on anything in 2001.

yeah suge didnt like him after that dispute on the party boat where warrens friend got thrown off the boat.

its been 20 years now and still nothing with 2 spetbrothers who grew up together, you must admit there is something in there thats not right

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
yeah but when dre left deathrow he could have made somthing with him on chronic 2001 or a collabo with him since then, i dont even remember warren being on anything in 2001.

yeah suge didnt like him after that dispute on the party boat where warrens friend got thrown off the boat.

its been 20 years now and still nothing with 2 spetbrothers who grew up together, you must admit there is something in there thats not right

They did "game don't wait remix" and "lookin at you"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 04:04:35 AM »
There is something there.   I don't know what it is either.  Threadstarter posted a good question...

Dre has supported Warren G at times.  He had a cameo in the "Do You See" video, which was important because it showed that even though Warren went over to Def Jam that Dre still supported him.   Also Dre had a lot of kind words for Warren in the Show documentary.  He said he taught Warren a thing or two and let him use his equipment, and if he would of known Warren G would sell 1.2 million on his first album he would've been working with him a lot more.

So I think Dre likes Warren G he just always underestimated him
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jaytee

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
I have nothing but love for Warren, but I think dude is too nice.  He's chill, laid back and a go with the flow type of person.  If you read or listen to a Warren G interview, he's often asked why he doesn't work with this artist or that artist or why doesn't he have any beats on so & so's album.  His reply is always, "you gotta ask him."  Why haven't Dre and Warren exchanged verses on a track?  You gotta ask Dre that.  Why you don't have any beats on Snoop's album?  You gotta ask Snoop.  Why didn't you have any beats on the 213 album when you're the DJ/Producer? You gotta ask Snoop.

I could be wrong, but it seems like Warren isn't being proactive enough with his craft.  I don't think that Dre has a problem with him, he probably just doesn't think Warren is as serious about it atm.  Dre likes working with artists that inspire him or that are hungry.  If they don't have that and aren't going to make him money, then he's not that interested.  Is Warren G just waiting on these guys to give him the call or is he trying to reach out and initiate it?  Because of how he came up and had to put himself out there, he probably is just used to it and doesn't fight it.  If people aren't reaching out to collaborate with him, he's just going to continue to do his own thing.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »
I got a question about these two, I know they are stepbrothers and probobly grew up together but why doesnt dre like him.

When warren brought snoop and nate to death row, they told warren to go on his own and didnt sign him on death row,
Never seen any collabo with dre and warren.

Why does dre pusg warren away, why doesnt he like him, whats the situation between them

I remember reading something about Dre saying if Warren signed to Death Row it'd be a long time (if ever) before his album came out because they were doing Dre, then Snoop, then Rage, and i think maybe Jewell or something at the time.  And Warren didn't want to wait years for his album to come out, so Dre told him he'd be better off to sign with Def Jam.  

That, plus the incident on the boat where him and his friend were acting up and Suge got pissed, so he's been on Suge's bad side ever since.  But i think the main reason was that Dre was honest with him about how Death Row's current plans wouldn't have allowed a Warren G album to be released for years.  Since many people, like Nate Dogg, OFTB, Jewell, etc. never did end up getting a proper Death Row records release, i think Warren was better off this way by going to Def Jam anyways.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »

They did "game don't wait remix" and "lookin at you"

yeah and Lookin At You had already been sent and used by Sticky Fingaz..

We could have had some amazing joints from the 2 but who cares at this point.

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:44 AM »
I saw an old interview with Dre, and the interviewer said Warren G blew up/sold millions worldwide and Dre said something like "I didn't predict him being that successful, maybe I shoulda signed him lol"

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
the fact of the matter is, they are two of the same mold. theyre both producers who like to take total control and command the music they touch. so for both of them to work together would be tough, because they would cancel each other out. producers dont usually collaborate the same way rappers do. i mean, it can be done, but they're too similar in fashion to consistently work together. it doesnt seem like there's any hard feelings between the two, but more so a difference of direction.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »
Warren was hanging out with Dre a lot in the last of the NWA days. No one knows what changed that; but Lets not act like Dre is the only one who stopped fuckin with G-Dubb, the entire DPG pretty much forgot about him. Even Nate didnt put him on his biggest solo album.

They produced magic together on "Through the Rain"...i just dont understand how it went to Phats Bossi and ended up on a low-budget soundtrack.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »
Warren was hanging out with Dre a lot in the last of the NWA days. No one knows what changed that; but Lets not act like Dre is the only one who stopped fuckin with G-Dubb, the entire DPG pretty much forgot about him. Even Nate didnt put him on his biggest solo album.

They produced magic together on "Through the Rain"...i just dont understand how it went to Phats Bossi and ended up on a low-budget soundtrack.

Warren was working with Dre and the camp between I Want It All and Retutn of the Regulator. I always assumed it was a trowaway from that time. Maybe Warren even submitted shit for 2001 which got rejected.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 01:46:06 AM »
stop making up drama.
music business is not a charity. just because you know each other doesn't mean you need to make music together, work together etc. sometimes it just doesn't work out... end of story