Author Topic: So the she th@ng aint got ONE beat on K. Dot's new album, the album he exec. of  (Read 1440 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Got to give Lamar's camp props for telling Dre "no thanks" for his wack ass beats.  Nigga executive producer on the album but can't even get a track on it, just shows how much be fallen off
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
this may be possible.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
but really knows what kind of involvement dre even had in the mixing, he could have just walked in the studio and demanded to get a mixing credit, when the album drops we will see if Dre had any influence on those tracks he mixed

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Okka

If Scott Storch and Mel-Man are back workin' with Dr. Dre again, i don't know why they didn't come up with some beats for this album. I would have loved to hear that.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
I got to give it to TDE, they came into this situation prepared it seems from a completed material standpoint. Looks like Kendrick had a good portion of this album done before linking up with Dre and Dre did more touching up to what was already there. Just a guess

dameons

Dr Dre is a queen ..Has no interest in music anymore and is all about making the real money .He is developing a smart phone to compete with the iphone..No more music from Dr Gay . He is rumored to be in complete retirement from music .

Sccit

in 1992, it woulda said "Album Produced by Dr. Dre"... in 2002, it woulda said "Album produced by Dr. Dre and Derek Ali"....nowadays, the meaning of producer got lost.

taken from the other thread:

there is no doubt that Dre produced most of the tracks with his name on them for Kendricks new album.........Dre produces those tracks a lot more than the dudes comin with lil beat loops, if we're going by the ORIGINAL definition of producer. the problem is, with all the beat-makers complaining and claiming that cats like Dre are taking credit, the definition of producer has been changed over the years. You can bet that the songs with Dre's name will all have a signature Dre sound with the signature Dre thump, and will be a lot higher in quality than the songs Dre was not a part of. Thats because Dre PRODUCED those tracks. He might not have come up with the idea for the beat, but there is no denying he is what brings the music to life...which is essentially what a producer does. it's fucked up how all these cats complainin' finally did Dre dirty, in a sense that he's no longer even seen as a producer, when in reality, he is the ULTIMATE producer. he puts all his energy into every second of every track, which is why anything with his name on it goes. in 2002, these tracks that now say Mixed by Dr. Dre and Derek Ali woulda all said PRODUCED by Dr. Dre and Derek Ali.......the shit will still go, regardless, but Dre is getting robbed as far as credit goes. this also may be a contributing factor as to why "Detox" aint comin out. u know Dre cant be pleased with losing his producer title all because of the re-definition of the word. "Detox", with a majority of the tracks credited to other producers, would be an embarrassing slap in the face and could even tarnish his legacy.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
I know this is a shock thread meant for humor, but there is underlying truth to the point of this thread.  I guess Dre just oversaw the album as it came together in its late stages, and even in the movie industry, Executive Producer really is just a fancy way of saying a big name in the industry has agreed to attach his name to a project in exchange for financial backing of the project by the studio (in this case, the label).  Wouldn't be surprised if Executive Producer in this case is more of a business nature than musical.

As for Dre being retired, I've said that for a while now -- notice how every year, we get less and less Dre music.  Dude is wrapping up his musical career and as such has moved on to ancillary products like headphones and speakers that bring in greater profit.  I think Dre has become more of a businessman and less a musician as he's gotten older.  Dre has more or less moved on from the daily grind of music making, and the specter of new Dre music is only kept out there and fed to us fans purely to serve as a marketing ploy to keep our attention and to keep Dre's name ingrained in our collective consciousness (the myth of Detox being the prime culprit).

And as for Dre being robbed of production credit by dudes who would otherwise claim that Dre has robbed them of production credit, yeah, I believe that, too, at least to a certain extent.  But I also believe Dre needs more help nowadays, because, let's face it, he doesn't have the magic touch anymore.  It's a little bit of both -- relying on extra help but relinquishing credit at the same time.  But, at the end of the day, I'm fairly convinced Dre doesn't really care about actually crafting music anymore, certainly not as a foremost daily pursuit.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

HighEyeCue

he's too busy working on Detox

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I know this is a shock thread meant for humor, but there is underlying truth to the point of this thread.  I guess Dre just oversaw the album as it came together in its late stages, and even in the movie industry, Executive Producer really is just a fancy way of saying a big name in the industry has agreed to attach his name to a project in exchange for financial backing of the project by the studio (in this case, the label).  Wouldn't be surprised if Executive Producer in this case is more of a business nature than musical.

As for Dre being retired, I've said that for a while now -- notice how every year, we get less and less Dre music.  Dude is wrapping up his musical career and as such has moved on to ancillary products like headphones and speakers that bring in greater profit.  I think Dre has become more of a businessman and less a musician as he's gotten older.  Dre has more or less moved on from the daily grind of music making, and the specter of new Dre music is only kept out there and fed to us fans purely to serve as a marketing ploy to keep our attention and to keep Dre's name ingrained in our collective consciousness (the myth of Detox being the prime culprit).

And as for Dre being robbed of production credit by dudes who would otherwise claim that Dre has robbed them of production credit, yeah, I believe that, too, at least to a certain extent.  But I also believe Dre needs more help nowadays, because, let's face it, he doesn't have the magic touch anymore.  It's a little bit of both -- relying on extra help but relinquishing credit at the same time.  But, at the end of the day, I'm fairly convinced Dre doesn't really care about actually crafting music anymore, certainly not as a foremost daily pursuit.

I disagree. In the past 2+ years we've actually gotten more music out of him than we had in several years prior, especially with rapping. He's rapped 5 different times with Eminem, was on Game's album, rapped with Kendrick on Kendrick's single, released 2 of his own singles, rapped on 50 Cent's new single with Alicia Keys, rapped on Rick Ross' album, produced an entire Eminem album, released a failed single with Jay-Z.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth

I disagree. In the past 2+ years we've actually gotten more music out of him than we had in several years prior, especially with rapping. He's rapped 5 different times with Eminem, was on Game's album, rapped with Kendrick on Kendrick's single, released 2 of his own singles, rapped on 50 Cent's new single with Alicia Keys, rapped on Rick Ross' album, produced an entire Eminem album, released a failed single with Jay-Z.

Dre did not produce a vast majority of those songs -- in fact, all he did was rap lyrics somebody else wrote for him, and maybe mixed the song as well.  I was talking about being musically involved with the song/album.  Rapping somebody else's lyrics to me is more of a business move to get our attention than a musical move imo.  As for producing an entire Eminem album, yes, that's the best counterexample, but that was a few years back already.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

jman91331

It may be some truth to the retiring part (or at least not doing too much music). For example, he released some new headphones today called the Executives and they're replacing the Studios, maybe that's a hint that he's doing the same with his own life.

sofdark

means Dre's giving proper credit to the beat makers

Westcoastfanatic

Dre still no inspiration to produce something nice.  I'm afraid the steroids are fucking up the creative part of his brain or something.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.