Author Topic: Good Kid m.a.a.d City production credits  (Read 1533 times)

Sccit

Re: Good Kid m.a.a.d City production credits
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
first album from aftermath with no dre production?
well at least he mixed alot of it

I think people got tired of him takin' credit as the producer when in reality he really didn't have nothin' to do with the beat.

it's actually the other way around...Dre produces the track a lot more than the dudes comin with lil beat loops, if we're going by the ORIGINAL definition of producer. the problem is, with all the beat-makers complaining and claiming that cats like Dre are taking credit, the definition of producer has been changed over the years. You can bet that the songs with Dre's name will all have a signature Dre sound with the signature Dre thump, and will be a lot higher in quality than the songs Dre was not a part of. Thats because Dre PRODUCED those tracks. He might not have come up with the idea for the beat, but there is no denying he is what brings the music to life...which is essentially what a producer does. it's fucked up how all these cats complainin' finally did Dre dirty, in a sense that he's no longer even seen as a producer, when in reality, he is the ULTIMATE producer. he puts all his energy into every second of every track, which is why anything with his name on it goes. in 2002, these tracks that now say Mixed by Dr. Dre and Derek Ali woulda all said PRODUCED by Dr. Dre and Derek Ali.......the shit will still go, regardless, but Dre is getting robbed as far as credit goes. this also may be a contributing factor as to why "Detox" aint comin out. u know Dre cant be pleased with losing his producer title all because of the re-definition of the word. "Detox", with a majority of the tracks credited to other producers, would be an embarrassing slap in the face and could even tarnish his legacy.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »
lets not get into this again Nik but what instrumental has been released under "Produced By Dr. Dre"?  As far as we've heard its been nothin BUT loops.  Dre aint makin those "Diced Pineapples" instrumentals or those "Let Me Ride DRGH Remix" instrumentals.  All we've ever really gotten was shit like "Deja Vu" and "Death To My Enemies".

I'll give u "3AM" which still rings bells to this day but its not like Dre is putting out Instrumentals instead of just Beats.  

or r u saying i too have the definition of Producer and Beat Maker mixed up too?

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 01:21:42 AM »
lets not get into this again Nik but what instrumental has been released under "Produced By Dr. Dre"?  As far as we've heard its been nothin BUT loops.  Dre aint makin those "Diced Pineapples" instrumentals or those "Let Me Ride DRGH Remix" instrumentals.  All we've ever really gotten was shit like "Deja Vu" and "Death To My Enemies".

I'll give u "3AM" which still rings bells to this day but its not like Dre is putting out Instrumentals instead of just Beats.  

or r u saying i too have the definition of Producer and Beat Maker mixed up too?

listen 2 a Dre beat..it is always layered PERFECTLY. from the intro, to the build-up, to the bridge, leading to the chorus. its not that a Dre production is always complex (even though it could be), but more so that it's perfectly engineered and structured to perfection. everything always hits precisely, in comparison to pretty much any other producer. his shit also typically hits harder and crisper. u can tell a dre beat when u hear it.

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:12 AM »
Yeah ppl gettin it twisted coz the average producer these days is just a beatmaker and does 100% of the track himself on a PC

The definition has changed. Back in the day a producer wouldn't even touch an instrument. He'd have an engineer and maybe an arranger to to set out the instruments. But that type of producer would have the million dollar *ear* to make everything tight.

Dre does a bit of everything.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:08 AM »
this is sad.  yall r the only 1's who arent aware of the difference between a Producer and a Beat Maker lol.  i give up smh lol

Dre doesnt ever really have bridges or change ups in his BEATS.  Dre hasnt had a "complex" beat since that last Devin The Dude track and even then that was still just a replayed sample.  

whatever tho.  nobody is trying to fade Dr. Dre, we just know wassup.  Knowing the difference between a Producer and a Beat Maker doesnt require sophistication.  Maybe if youre 12 and just starting out it takes a bit of understanding and examples but anybody can tell the difference between a Beat and an Instrumental with either just FL Studio .wav samples or real instruments lol.  

whatever tho.  u got it.  clearly everybody has it wrong and yall r the only 1's who have it right.  our mistake
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:32:53 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 01:34:43 AM »
this is sad.  yall r the only 1's who arent aware of the difference between a Producer and a Beat Maker lol.  i give up smh lol

Dre doesnt ever really have bridges or change ups in his BEATS.  Dre hasnt had a "complex" beat since that last Devin The Dude track and even then that was still just a replayed sample.  

whatever tho.  nobody is trying to fade Dr. Dre, we just know wassup.  Knowing the difference between a Producer and a Beat Maker doesnt require sophistication.  Maybe if youre 12 and just starting out it takes a bit of understanding and examples but anybody can tell the difference between a Beat and an Instrumental with either just FL Studio .wav samples or real instruments lol.  

whatever tho.  u got it.  clearly everybody has it wrong and yall r the only 1's who have it right.  our mistake

Yeah but who in hiphop is using real instruments, samples (and scratches) properly these days?

Dre's beats haven't been musically all that since the Gen1 Aftermath team were on deck.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
alot of people are doing that Will lol.  u just dont listen for anything outside of The Ruthless Family Tree smh lol oh my god

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 01:37:42 AM »
its not exactly breaking news either

Will_B

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 01:38:46 AM »
alot of people are doing that Will lol.  u just dont listen for anything outside of The Ruthless Family Tree smh lol oh my god

Oh LOL Arthur :D

C'mon the answer you were looking for was 'the minority of producers'

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
sythesizers, vst's, and vsti's along with the ability to play the keyboard arent exactly something u can master overnight.  it takes skill to execute it the right way and it takes years of Practice.  

u can just automatic say the guy who knows how to only play the French Horn is a better musician than the guy who knows how to play the sythesizer and work the mpc as well as incorporate properly in Pro Tools (or whatever he uses, if anything at all).  that takes dillingence and alot more effort than just playing an instrument or two.  im not knocking the Horn player or the Saxophonist or the Pianoist and whoever but lets not downplay 1 type of music over the other becuz of bias and personal preference.  

there hasnt been a thing complex or complicated outside of a few tracks from Dr. Dre since 1999.  Dre aint been about all that in a long ass time and everybody knows that.  Dude's been puttin out more loops than shoes at Payless (stacking and all, which is what helps a beat maker or producer get their own unique sound btw)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 01:58:59 AM »

Oh LOL Arthur :D

C'mon the answer you were looking for was 'the minority of producers'

dont tell me youre catching feelings or trying to be funny with that whole "minority" line?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 02:18:15 AM »
so i take it u were becuz u came in here for about 10 minutes 'posting' abd then logged off.  go dip yourself in some Elmer's

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 02:23:34 AM »
sythesizers, vst's, and vsti's along with the ability to play the keyboard arent exactly something u can master overnight.  it takes skill to execute it the right way and it takes years of Practice.  

u can just automatic say the guy who knows how to only play the French Horn is a better musician than the guy who knows how to play the sythesizer and work the mpc as well as incorporate properly in Pro Tools (or whatever he uses, if anything at all).  that takes dillingence and alot more effort than just playing an instrument or two.  im not knocking the Horn player or the Saxophonist or the Pianoist and whoever but lets not downplay 1 type of music over the other becuz of bias and personal preference.  

there hasnt been a thing complex or complicated outside of a few tracks from Dr. Dre since 1999.  Dre aint been about all that in a long ass time and everybody knows that.  Dude's been puttin out more loops than shoes at Payless (stacking and all, which is what helps a beat maker or producer get their own unique sound btw)

Yes but Dre also has always kept the best stuff for himself, and his 'choice' artists. I believe if Dre ever releases Detox (unlikely) he'll bring out the big guns. The way he tosses simple loops and shit to lesser artists is almost an insult to them on Dre's part but it's how he works.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
im sure he will Will (and im actually banking on it).  it still doesnt mean what he's been doing for the past 12 years doesnt count.  at some point the Talent has to meet the concrete. 

Matty

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 04:02:31 AM »
*dre post alert*

detox baby, it's coming.

i don't think the lack of dre is just the way the credits are being handled, it's just a project where he was more hands off. no doubt he had input but not as directly as in the past. a combination of factors could be the reason for this...

- label deal, release date. TDE don't want to spend a ton of money clearing dre's beats, even at discounted price. they also want to get the album out this year and dre would hold it up if it was more of an aftermath project.

- taking all the fresh AAA material for the vault/detox. mentioned above, highly likely. can't see kendrick minding, dre's given him the biggest public co-sign possible and if he knows that detox is actually coming out, then it's for the best.

personally i expected some actual dre beats on this album, even if was just a couple of tracks. some magic to make it shine because the snippets sound pretty poor. what we've heard of that new roscoe album sounds way better for example. it's all good...i guess its less of a production driven project where kendrick is the main attraction. but for listeners like me more into the instrumentation, it's dissapointing. there's a camp saying dre's beats suck now, but i don't think so. his rapping sucks in places, but the beats certainly do not...even if we have very little to base that assumption off these days.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Qup4v2uNfc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0Qup4v2uNfc</a>

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:17:01 AM by Matty »