Author Topic: Im curious.. Do yall fuck with music that you cannot relate to at all??  (Read 514 times)

bouli77

Re: Im curious.. Do yall fuck with music that you cannot relate to at all??
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
I listen to good music. I don't care if it relates to my life or not, music is entertainment just like the movies.

+1

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
i fuck wit music, period. i was just bumpin "do you know jesus" by kokane. (side note, shit sounds like a vintage 2pac style beat)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
A lot of great posts!

I think the shit I skip through is the preachin/brain washin shit.. Like some REAL christian bars or somethin like that. Might be because I think religion is the most ignorant shit in the world.

I really do enjoy story telling tracks whether its about meeting that special someone, holdin the family together or slangin rock.

b.laden

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »
rappers cant even relate to them own lyrics  ;D  seriously its a complex question
dont forget that art  also occur  in a fantasy world
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:37:37 PM by b.laden »

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
This is an interesting question, because I'm finding it harder now to enjoy a lot of the shit I used to bump when I was younger.

Now a lot of it just sounds corny IMO, especially the beef tracks between Pac and BIG and it makes me wonder like "They died for THAT?"

Seriously, Pac sounds irrationally angry about BIG and I feel like if he had not've made things so hyped up people would be living completely different lives today. I think what made me really realize that hip-hop is fake though was how 50 Cent was basically an industry creation from start to finish.

His name, life story and his "character" were all invented by someone in Interscope marketing and then pasted together with a really clever actor.

What finally killed my willingness to keep up with the mainstream was how Young Buck was riding with 50 and a growing chorus of internet people said, "Young Buck should diss 50" and just kept repeating it until finally Young Buck did that....then *crickets*. Like WTF, he gave them what they were pushing for, then suddenly those exact same people said "Young Buck is a bum."

I'm a grown-ass man. I need music that reflects honest reality.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
This is an interesting question, because I'm finding it harder now to enjoy a lot of the shit I used to bump when I was younger.

Now a lot of it just sounds corny IMO, especially the beef tracks between Pac and BIG and it makes me wonder like "They died for THAT?"

Seriously, Pac sounds irrationally angry about BIG and I feel like if he had not've made things so hyped up people would be living completely different lives today. I think what made me really realize that hip-hop is fake though was how 50 Cent was basically an industry creation from start to finish.

His name, life story and his "character" were all invented by someone in Interscope marketing and then pasted together with a really clever actor.

What finally killed my willingness to keep up with the mainstream was how Young Buck was riding with 50 and a growing chorus of internet people said, "Young Buck should diss 50" and just kept repeating it until finally Young Buck did that....then *crickets*. Like WTF, he gave them what they were pushing for, then suddenly those exact same people said "Young Buck is a bum."

I'm a grown-ass man. I need music that reflects honest reality.

Real talk homie, that's why I fuck with E40 and the Quiksta.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
Me too. I like how Quik is an actual person, with all the contradictions that most people have. He isn't really a "character".

That's why in that other thread I was weirded out by everybody gawking at Quik's fam's pictures and stuff, because he tries to be real and come through for the fans at the same time and that is a hard line to walk. Fans don't know what they want and you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Artists are brave people because they put pieces  of their self out there for people to judge and oftentimes face unbelievable heat as though it's a life-or-death issue. And I don't care what anyone says, somebody dropping one bad album shouldn't be flamed worse than Bush was for letting New Orleans drown. It shows the misplaced priorities of many people in America especially.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
nah.  all of the music i play i could relate to at some point in my life, some alot closer to today than others.  I've done alot, Im 24 goin on 72