Author Topic: Game is like the forgotten child of Dr.Dre  (Read 1383 times)

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
Game is like the forgotten child of Dr.Dre
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »
Whenever people think of Dre and his protégées the ones that come to mind are Snoop Eminem 50 and now Kendrick. Game has been holding it down and he never gets any recognition. That California Rebublic Mixtape was better than most albums this year. I just bumped Jesus Piece and I gotta say I like it better than Good Kid Maad City.

Sccit

Re: Game is like the forgotten child of Dr.Dre
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
u liked "R.E.D" too, and that album was sub-par.....haven't heard his new one yet, but I've heard enough to know he aint got the same fire he did when "Documentary" and "Doctors Advocate" came out.

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
when did i say i like RED? i just liked the track with tyler and wayne on that album, don't even remember the rest. I rank Jesus Piece up there with Documentary if not better.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:34:14 AM »
when did i say i like RED? i just liked the track with tyler and wayne on that album, don't even remember the rest. I rank Jesus Piece up there with Documentary if not better.

u crazy as fuck

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »
I rank Jesus Piece up there with Documentary if not better.

lol, that kills your credibility in this discussion  :D

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:17:50 PM »
Game was Dre's mouthpiece when Dre didn't want to be gangsta no more.

Without a major creative team behind him Game is nothing material wise (but he's a still a good MC)

sofdark

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
No Dre's forgotten childs are the one who signed with the Math and never released shit

doublee313

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »

Whoa.  That track with Tyler and Wayne was wack.  And no way is Jesus Piece even close to Documentary.  You must be on the new Game style (Cash Money).  I can't listen to him after LAX.  He's not even Westcoast anymore.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 05:25:01 PM »
It's Games best album since D.A. to me, production and theme are cohesive, its good to see Game having direction after R.E.D.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
theme is cohesive, beats are bangin...album is solid. better than i expected.

game, as a rapper, is very confused. his best assets are 1.his ear for beats 2.his strong voice+mic presence and 3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..maybe the style on "see no evil", since thats throwback game flow. but even that is an impression of shyne. too many different impressions on one album for this to be on the level of "documentary" or "doctors advocate"....also, another album with no regional sound. that said, some tracks on here bump and the concept factor makes it an interesting spin. 7/10

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:06 PM »
Had this album for 3-4 days and still haven't had the desire to bump it yet lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eurowigger

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..

I kinda see the namedropping and mimicking as his signature style. Some people are "gangsta rappers" or whatever, Game is a "rap fan rapper".

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »
3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..

I kinda see the namedropping and mimicking as his signature style. Some people are "gangsta rappers" or whatever, Game is a "rap fan rapper".

very true...but it makes him come off as more of an entertainer than an actual emcee.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »
More like the child Dre meant to abort. He was never a Dre's protege. The harsh truth he's 50 Cent's protege, but of course Game would ever admit that.

50 Cent was pro life and saved Game. Dre didn't want to work with him. 50 pulled him back in then Dre saw 50 made it work and hop back in.

Game often inflate with his history and relationship with Dre.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:08:32 PM by NewYork Pope »

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »
yea...if it wasnt for 50, game would be another bishop lamont, hittman, slim da mobster, etc...only not as good a rapper.