Author Topic: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS  (Read 2178 times)

Sccit

Re: WELCOME BACK SEATTLE SUPERSONICS...GOODBYE SACRAMENTO KINGS
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
They better change the name because the Seattle Kings just don't sound right lol.

I hope Pete Carroll coaches the team. Man is a God.

seattle got to keep the supersonics name and color...and i think they were able to keep the history if they got a team by 2011 or something, but i think that deadlines been passed.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »
That's dope as fuck.

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
they need to retire shawn kemp and paytons jersey stat

Agreed. At least both of them have gone on record and said they want nothing to do with OKC.

Remedy360

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:07 PM »
Yeah, they're lucky to have a mayor like KJ that goes all out for the cause, but don't you think something woulda happened by now?

i really dont thinkn theyre staying in sac-town....but u never know, some rich cat from sacramento could end up the highest bidder with intentions of keepin the team there.

But nobody from Sac-town is gonna be able to outbid a billionaire like Chris Hansen who also has Steve Ballmer (Microsoft Ceo) and the Nordstrom Brothers in his ownership group, assuming they do buy the team they'd be the most wealthy group in the NBA. That's why I feel it's pretty much inevitable like I did when I heard this ownership group was coming together, coupled with Sacramento's situation.

i feel ya....is the history still up for grabs, or is it for sure staying with OKC? or i remember hearing about "shared" history. that would be awful.

would be pretty whack to get an expansion supersonics with no prior history when they obviously have a deep one.

Yeah,the whole "shared" thing is retarded, I honestly think when they agreed to that our former shit for brains mayor and Bennett both thought we probably wouldn't get another team, cause that shit's not the least bit logical if you think about it and has never been done before. My hope is that Bennett would be willing to at least sell the history back to Hansen once we get a team here since the only value in having a long history is financially based I would think. Let OKC have everything after the 07-08 season, hell even take KD's rookie year in Seattle, but the fact that GP, Kemp, Ray Allen, Freddy Brown, Slick Watts, etc have records in the Thunder's program guide makes my skin crawl. Even OKC fans don't want our history.

Remedy360

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »
They better change the name because the Seattle Kings just don't sound right lol.

I hope Pete Carroll coaches the team. Man is a God.

Yeah, it'll be the Sonics, the history is my only concern.

UNCEEN

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
Hope Seattle never gets a team... ppl in Seattle are douche bags.

I don't even know what to say to this..
Been to a few Seahawk games i know...and i meant Sports fans in Seattle not everyone.

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »

Been to a few Seahawk games i know...and i meant Sports fans in Seattle not everyone.

So "a few Seahawk" games represent all Seattle fans? Guess what, go to any NFL stadium in the league and there's going to be a bunch of drunk idiots. Let me guess, were they too loud for you? LOL, fail.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
or maybe not....conflicting reports:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/21540398/potential-kings-buyer-emerges-would-keep-team-in-sacramento

sacramento buyer who bid $350mill for the warriors enters bidding war and is said to be desperate for an nba franchise....he actually was upset they sold the warriors to another buyer before getting a chance to increase his bid. could get interesting.

UNCEEN

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »

So "a few Seahawk" games represent all Seattle fans? Guess what, go to any NFL stadium in the league and there's going to be a bunch of drunk idiots. Let me guess, were they too loud for you? LOL, fail.
90% is more then a few... lol fail? what is this 2005.. nice try buddy.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »
Seattle were more deserving of another nba team than houston of another nfl team but they still got another one.  And worst of all, an expansion team  >:(  Those fans were very racist to Warren Moon, I felt they wanted another team cause of all the black QB's in college football at the time & wanted to blame all their problems in life on them like they did with moon  >:(  And fans stopped showing up to oiler games because of their playoff chokes.  And football is supposed 2 be religion in texas.

Yeah, they're lucky to have a mayor like KJ that goes all out for the cause, but don't you think something woulda happened by now?

i really dont thinkn theyre staying in sac-town....but u never know, some rich cat from sacramento could end up the highest bidder with intentions of keepin the team there.
There was a new arena deal that was worked out but its obvious that the magoofs flat out don't wanna be in no-cal no mo.  Ellison got more dough in no cal, the fans would be ok if they moved to SJ than Anaheim or some other state.  They shoulda asked him but the magoofs are jackoffs like chris cohan was.  Sorryors fans wanted the team sold to ellison but didn't happen.

But nobody from Sac-town is gonna be able to outbid a billionaire like Chris Hansen who also has Steve Ballmer (Microsoft Ceo) and the Nordstrom Brothers in his ownership group, assuming they do buy the team they'd be the most wealthy group in the NBA. That's why I feel it's pretty much inevitable like I did when I heard this ownership group was coming together, coupled with Sacramento's situation.

would be pretty whack to get an expansion supersonics with no prior history when they obviously have a deep one.
That's what the seattleites would prefer.  Cause like baltimore[nfl] they don't wanna seem like hypocrites.  They have no other choice.  But stern don't wanna expand.  I feel its better that the magoofs had the kings move to either KC, Virginia or Kentucky.  And 32 teams can happen.  2 new expansion teams in sacramento & seattle.  It blows that 12 straight years of sellouts in the beginning of sacramento's history does not matter to nobody.  But better the kings move to a place that was unfair ripped off themselves than to some sunbelt area where they might not support the team well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:42:18 PM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »

Remedy360

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »

90% is more then a few... lol fail? what is this 2005.. nice try buddy.

90%? What are you even talking about? Nice try? LOL, you're the dumbass that got butthurt at a "a few Seahawks games" and now you're convinced Seattle doesn't deserve an NBA team? LMAO

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »
Seattle were more deserving of another nba team than houston of another nfl team but they still got another one.  And worst of all, an expansion team  >:(  Those fans were very racist to Warren Moon, I felt they wanted another team cause of all the black QB's in college football at the time & wanted to blame all their problems in life on them like they did with moon  >:(  And fans stopped showing up to oiler games because of their playoff chokes.  And football is supposed 2 be religion in texas.

There was a new arena deal that was worked out but its obvious that the magoofs flat out don't wanna be in no-cal no mo.  Ellison got more dough in no cal, the fans would be ok if they moved to SJ than Anaheim or some other state.  They shoulda asked him but the magoofs are jackoffs like chris cohan was.  Sorryors fans wanted the team sold to ellison but didn't happen.

That's what the seattleites would prefer.  Cause like baltimore[nfl] they don't wanna seem like hypocrites.  They have no other choice.  But stern don't wanna expand.  I feel its better that the magoofs had the kings move to either KC, Virginia or Kentucky.  And 32 teams can happen.  2 new expansion teams in sacramento & seattle.  It blows that 12 straight years of sellouts in the beginning of sacramento's history does not matter to nobody.  But better the kings move to a place that was unfair ripped off themselves than to some sunbelt area where they might not support the team well.

I think deep down inside, Seattle fans prefer gettin the Sonics back, either way they get it. An expansion franchise would be a good consolation, though.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
I live in Seattle and this will be the first Seattle team I support, after the Warriors of course.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
They've been a secondary team to me since the 80's when I did like the lakers.  Ch.9  And ONTV.  Very old school.  There was nothing to hate or dislike about them then.  It did help of them having Tom Chambers, Jack Sikma, Dale Ellis, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, Ricky Pierce, Nate McMillan.  And their only good look, which they should go back to when the sonics return  :)  An alternate home yellow & road alternate black would be alright.  Just as long as they're similar to these.