Author Topic: Game Starts A G-Unit Reunion Petition LOL  (Read 1630 times)

Okka

Re: Game Starts A G-Unit Reunion Petition LOL
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 05:14:37 AM »
The Game's an odd motherfucker for real. I wouldn't mind hearin' 50 and Game back together though. That could be huge. I'm still bumpin' "Jesus Piece", but i haven't heard a song from 50 Cent that i liked in ages. Soon this will be the only thing left to do for 50 to get back in the spotlight. I really doubt that 50 wants a reunion though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:17:38 AM by Okka »

MistaNova

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 07:55:57 AM »
Soon this will be the only thing left to do for 50 to get back in the spotlight.

The same guy couldn't get back into the spotlight with a song that had Eminem and the lead singer of Maroon 5 on it...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
Soon this will be the only thing left to do for 50 to get back in the spotlight.

The same guy couldn't get back into the spotlight with a song that had Eminem and the lead singer of Maroon 5 on it...

i hate that song. i thought i heard it sold well though?

then again i think fif was the one that said it lol

Okka

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »

I forgot about that song. I can't remember even what it sounds like though. I guess most people are tired of 50, but he's so rich that he ain't goin' nowhere.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

I forgot about that song. I can't remember even what it sounds like though. I guess most people are tired of 50, but he's so rich that he ain't goin' nowhere.

i just checked it on youtube and i've never even heard it

MistaNova

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »

i hate that song. i thought i heard it sold well though?

then again i think fif was the one that said it lol

Well after looking at the Wikipedia article it did do pretty well saleswise, but I think it's pretty obvious whether or not it helped make 50 Cent relevant again...

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:32 AM »
no 50 on the hook of that song = Adam Levine still relevant

and I liked "New Day" but even the Alicia Keys hook and just it being the first Dre collab in years couldn't even bring him back

Raphael

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
The Game is irrelevant - Lil B

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
i never got why people were so fascinated with G unit to begin with

Remedy360

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »

Well at that point everything 50 (and the Aftermath umbrella in general) seemed to turn to gold, so it all started with him. Pretty sure he released that just a few months after GRODT. Banks and Buck aren't great or anything but they could lay down some decent verses, and that first CD did have some good production from guys like Dre, Hi-Tek, Jake One, etc. They put a few catchy singles out and it became huge obviously. I think that was also a time where gangster rap was a lot more popular/accepted than whatever the fuck is on the radio now. The whole thing is irrelevent now so it's obvious that it was a fad, but if you think about it their brief popularity makes sense.

h2k4

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »

They rode the wave that 50 and Co. started.  Personally, I thought that first cd was dope as well as the mixtapes they dropped.  Banks was a punchline king.  Buck added that southern twist to the group and Game gave them a rougher edge that they were lacking a little.  A great group that showed promise but egos won in the end.  Curious as to how 50 and Game's career would look like had they stuck together.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 08:15:59 AM »
did g-unit fell apart?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »
They never actually really fell apart. Game wasn't in the group. He was on the label like Spider Loc, Mobb Deep, MOP, and Olivia. The original group was the three guys that are in it now and then they added Young Buck because Yayo got incarcerated. And I think people were excited by it because in truth, it was something differemt at the time.

Game-Won

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:52 AM »

I personally still listen to "Beg for mercy" from time to time, songs like.: Footprints, G'd Up, I smell pussy and Poppin them thangs is still fine cuts.

I dont know if you remember when the first time Lloyd Banks was makin the scene, he was fuckin crasy - if you like Big L you will like Lloyd Banks first mixtapes dude had them freestylers and mixtapes kings shocked. in 2003+2004 he owned the mixtape scene.

To bad Lloyd Banks never lived up to his mixtapes, to much standing in the shadow of a lesser song writer most have dumbed him down.

Young Buck & 50cent was still on point at this time.

/Game
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »

I personally still listen to "Beg for mercy" from time to time, songs like.: Footprints, G'd Up, I smell pussy and Poppin them thangs is still fine cuts.

I dont know if you remember when the first time Lloyd Banks was makin the scene, he was fuckin crasy - if you like Big L you will like Lloyd Banks first mixtapes dude had them freestylers and mixtapes kings shocked. in 2003+2004 he owned the mixtape scene.

To bad Lloyd Banks never lived up to his mixtapes, to much standing in the shadow of a lesser song writer most have dumbed him down.

Young Buck & 50cent was still on point at this time.

/Game

lloyd banks is a good rapper, but nowhere near big l