Author Topic: Incredible Mike Dean Interview  (Read 1454 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Incredible Mike Dean Interview
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
Halfway through and still don't see what's so great about this interview.  Kanye is wack, and Dean is wasting his talent with Kanye.  I don't care how great the sound is I'm not listening to that shit.

Next, why are you guys celebrating the theft of reels from Death Row?   Death Row is the greatest label in rap and West Coast history, fuck Mike Dean for stealing from them, that shit played a role in bringing down the greatest label in rap history.  I wish Suge would of beat his ass for that.

Then some gay guy sends in a video question about Kanye, they talk about Watch the Throne.

What's up with this corny ass prep interviewing him? This gossip queen belongs on TWZ.

Again.. what is so great about this interview?  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:53:44 AM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
just the fact it offends you gives it extra points for most.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
mike dean's cool

that dude interviewing him is all thats wrong with hipster corny fruit-ass liberals.

"you can tell by my laugh that i know how much a half ounce is omg lol"
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
mike dean's cool

that dude interviewing him is all thats wrong with hipster corny fruit-ass liberals.

"you can tell by my laugh that i know how much a half ounce is omg lol"

exactly. 

As for Mike Dean, I don't respect anything Kanye or Jay-Z affiliated, but other then that...

bouli77

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:36 AM »
Halfway through and still don't see what's so great about this interview.  Kanye is wack, and Dean is wasting his talent with Kanye.  I don't care how great the sound is I'm not listening to that shit.

you once again discredited yourself with such sentences.

you basically have a negative image of Mike Dean cause he's affiliated with somebody you don't like and admitted stealing from one of your idols (who is a complete saint btw). but I'm sure you have listened to at most only 10% of the music Mike Dean helped create over the years, and not even his best music (the stuff with DPG isn't exactly his heyday).

Next, why are you guys celebrating the theft of reels from Death Row?   Death Row is the greatest label in rap and West Coast history, fuck Mike Dean for stealing from them, that shit played a role in bringing down the greatest label in rap history.  I wish Suge would of beat his ass for that.

well Death Row was ran by crooks and gangsters, who bullied their own employees (engineers, artists) and embezzled them (basically Death Row never turned a profit and Snoop, Pac, Nate, DPG, never got paid properly due to shitty contracts). I don't feel bad if they were done wrong at some point in their history. Karma is a bitch. Daz & Mike Dean's stealing from Death Row didn't play but a minor role in the fallout of Death Row, Death Row was doomed anyway. btw, most of the reels Daz & Mike Dean stole were music from Daz (mostly material from R.A.W.), The Dogg Pound (material later used and remixed for Dillinger & Young Gotti), or pac (some of which produced by Daz), so Daz stealing his own music isn't as fucked up as Suge not compensating Daz for the work he put in. By the way, if they hadn't done that, we would have never even heard Makaveli & Dillinger, which is a dope ass project. Mike Dean remixed most of the songs, and he did wonders with song like "Don't Go 2 Sleep", "I'm Dumpin'", "Only Move 4 Tha Money" (not on the EP but on Daz's I Got Love 4 The Streetz EP). His production on "First 2 Bomb" is so much better than the original (still a dope grimey beat though) it's not even funny.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »
what's funny is my friends that i've played first to bomb (both versions) all like the OG best

i had a friend call me up one day after a blunt session and he's like "yo man i've been trying to download that First to bomb song you played by 2pac for the past hour and all i can find is some remix"   :D

bouli77

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 03:16:09 PM »
i guess it all depends on your musical preferences. the original has a dope barebone beat, on some boombap vibe. but from a sonic perspective, i find the remix much more intricate and musical, the bassline slaps, and the guitar is sick.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 07:04:22 PM »
i guess it all depends on your musical preferences. the original has a dope barebone beat, on some boombap vibe. but from a sonic perspective, i find the remix much more intricate and musical, the bassline slaps, and the guitar is sick.

i personally can't choose.  I guess my preference is to play the Makaveli and Dillinger version in my car or my stereo but the original one on my laptop since laptops make it easier to tolerate crappy quality rips of songs (and laptops take away the experience of fully mastered and properly mixed songs)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »

well Death Row was ran by crooks and gangsters, who bullied their own employees (engineers, artists) and embezzled them (basically Death Row never turned a profit and Snoop, Pac, Nate, DPG, never got paid properly due to shitty contracts). I don't feel bad if they were done wrong at some point in their history. Karma is a bitch. Daz & Mike Dean's stealing from Death Row didn't play but a minor role in the fallout of Death Row, Death Row was doomed anyway. btw, most of the reels Daz & Mike Dean stole were music from Daz (mostly material from R.A.W.), The Dogg Pound (material later used and remixed for Dillinger & Young Gotti), or pac (some of which produced by Daz), so Daz stealing his own music isn't as fucked up as Suge not compensating Daz for the work he put in. By the way, if they hadn't done that, we would have never even heard Makaveli & Dillinger, which is a dope ass project. Mike Dean remixed most of the songs, and he did wonders with song like "Don't Go 2 Sleep", "I'm Dumpin'", "Only Move 4 Tha Money" (not on the EP but on Daz's I Got Love 4 The Streetz EP). His production on "First 2 Bomb" is so much better than the original (still a dope grimey beat though) it's not even funny.

you all are the funniest fans.  With friends like you who would need enemies?  I mean, if not for Death Row there probably wouldn't even be a dubcc forum here today.  The golden age for the West Coast will always be the Death Row era.

...and yet her you guys are talking shit on Suge and celebrating the theft of Death Row.  Nobody cared more about Death Row than Suge, and nobody repped Death Row more than Suge.  I love Dre, Snoop, Pac, Daz, Kurupt, Nate as much or more than Suge... the one thing I disagree with Suge on was his beefing with Dre, Snoop, Daz, Kurupt.  But at the end of the day the music was never better, more real, raw, and classic then it was when Suge was around runnin shit like a boss.

And let me add, that I would respect you if your beef with Suge was out of some respect for Dre or Daz or something like that.  But then you guys talk so much shit on Dre and call Daz a crackhead and shit like that.  You all have no backbone and no sense of integrity.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:57:54 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2012 and 13' »

Remedy360

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »

you all are the funniest fans.  With friends like you who would need enemies?  I mean, if not for Death Row there probably wouldn't even be a dubcc forum here today.  The golden age for the West Coast will always be the Death Row era.

...and yet her you guys are talking shit on Suge and celebrating the theft of Death Row.  Nobody cared more about Death Row than Suge, and nobody repped Death Row more than Suge.  I love Dre, Snoop, Pac, Daz, Kurupt, Nate as much or more than Suge... the one thing I disagree with Suge on was his beefing with Dre, Snoop, Daz, Kurupt.  But at the end of the day the music was never better, more real, raw, and classic then it was when Suge was around runnin shit like a boss.

And let me add, that I would respect you if your beef with Suge was out of some respect for Dre or Daz or something like that.  But then you guys talk so much shit on Dre and call Daz a crackhead and shit like that.  You all have no backbone and no sense of integrity.

Dude was just stating facts, you're way too sensitive man.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »
Great interview. Mike dean is the shit. And yeah the little froot loop interviewing him prolly had no idea who he was about an hour before that interview, but he did ask some decent questions all that considered.

bouli77

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 03:02:30 AM »

Look I find it odd that you care so much about an individual who didn't rap. I only care about the music, the behind the scene stuff can be entertaining but I hope you realize that you only base your opinion on Suge through interviews, and other people's words, in other word you don't know Suge and he's probably nothing like you think he is. I personally don't care about Suge, I have no "beef" with him lol, I'm just stating facts.  but I find it funny that you diss Mike Dean for stealing when Suge supposedly did things that way MUCH worse to his artists (embezzling them, not paying them, bullying them (Sam Sneed & Warren G) as well as engineers). I hope you realize that if it weren't for Mike Dean & Daz, there wouldn't have been any "Don't Go To Sleep", "R.A.W." and "Dillinger & Young Gotti". As I stated before, theft in that case isn't really theft as the artist is repossessing his music. We all saw the difference between a cohesive "Dillinger & Young Gotti" with Mike Dean's work all over it and a half assed "2002" that, apart from a few bangers (Just Doggin, Roll Wit Us and Every Single Day pretty much) used demos (Livin Tha Gangsta Life, Crip Wit Us) and songs already released (Way Too Often, Feels Good, It's All About Tha Money).

If Suge had treated his artists right from the beginning, Daz would have never even considered stealing, Daz admitted stealing from Suge as a form of "retaliation, revenge & getback" (;D) after he realized he was fucked outta his money on Death Row.

I never trolled Daz either, I always stated facts about him too and discussed his status, but I like Daz's music, I grew up on it so I know the flaws and the limitations of his music as well as the qualities. that doesn't mean I have to ride hard for Daz, especially with the image of himself he gave on the forums, acting like an asshole (notice I said "acting like", meaning I didn't say he was one since I don't know him personally) and disrespecting his fans (ask poor little Hack).

You have no distance whatsoever and you seem way too emotional about people who 1) don't know you 2) don't care about you 3) don't have much respect for their fans 4) would probably never kick it with you if they knew you. You identify yourself with Death Row to the point where it becomes unhealthyl. You talk about integrity but is the entire Death Row organisation even known for integrity ? Hell no. They had no respect for their employees, and for their fans. The only integrity they had was to the money, and I can respect that, and to the music as well and that's fine. At the end of the day, it's entertainment, Death Row Records is a record company that used to put out music that I liked, just like Rap-a-Lot, Sick-Wid-It, Suave House and so many others did. I'm not from the West, I happen to like westcoast music a little bit better than the rest but that doesn't put blinders on my eyes.

Gangsta Rap is cool for a minute, when you're a teenager pretty much, then you realize most of it is senseless bragadoccio and lewd lyrics so it's very limited but it's dope nonetheless. I mean I understand fucking with gangsta rap for the vibe and the music, since the production is so dope, and even for the storytelling. but being past 25 and idolizing music that was put out by "mostly" teens and early 20 somethings is a little bit sad in my opinion. If you listen to All Eyez On Me in 2013 the same way you did in 1996 and have no evolution in your opinion and critical thinking (critical thinking doesn't mean you have to shit on it, just put things in perspective and not blindly worship stuff) I really feel bad for you.

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 03:31:37 AM »
 You all have no backbone and no sense of integrity.

L M F A O !!!!!!!!!

the pot calling the kettle black .  your idol St. Suge will be pleased that there are people that don´t remember what  a fucking asshole and a bully he was.

this here , people, is the perfect example of a peter pan syndrome . brian is fucking michael jackson (without talent), refuses to grow up .
and understand gangsta rap was mostly a show . for those  it wasn´t , they have been shot or are in jail. 

you can go back to bumpin pac , stand in front of a mirror and practice looking hard . knock your heels together, who knows, maybe you can be sent back in time to the 90s . 

me1

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »
Suge's contribution to DR was that he facilitated Pac and before him, Dr. Dre, being on the label. And thank god he did. But celebrating that to the degree some folks do and/or assigning him any undue credit beyond that is revisionist.

He was a label exec. So judge him such. Act 1: did all those things above. Act 2: couldn't keep those artists alive, let alone on the label. Act 3: Well, Act 3 never really materialized. Crooked was his best shot at a legit star but he couldn't support him the way we all might have hoped.

Point is, I don't judge Jerry Heller for only helping Eazy realize his vision. I lament the fact he couldn't pay those dudes more fairly, keep them happy. I don't have wet dreams about Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons bringing us PE, LL, the Beasties. I get bummed out they couldn't better leverage that momentum into signing other great artists of that era. Etc.

But bottom line, I don't sweat execs. So I don't think about ANY of these dudes. Neither should anyone else unless you want to get into the management side of things and learn from their respective successes and failures.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »

But bottom line, I don't sweat execs. So I don't think about ANY of these dudes. Neither should anyone else unless you want to get into the management side of things and learn from their respective successes and failures.

That's because you guys are very shallow people, and it bothers you when someone else doesn't carry the same shallow perspective.

You also mentioned Russel Simmons in your post saying "you don't sweat execs".

Bro, if you don't fucking realize the contributions that Russell Simmons has made and continues to make to the culture of hip-hop then I can only shake my head... Let's imagine that the only thing Russel had ever done was produce the documentary the Show.  Just that documentary alone, is the greatest archive of hip-hop's golden age of the 90's.  It serves as a time capsule to preserve the culture and protects it's legacy and tradition for all the past and future generations.  (There was a similar documentary called Style Wars that went a long way to persevering the culture and legacy of hip-hop in the 80's, that I also encourage anybody who truly loves the culture to check out)

So if that had been the only thing Russel had done I would call him a great man.  But of course that is just the tip of the iceberg.  Russel Simmons established the first purely rap record label that was now owned by a man who was himself deeply immersed in hip-hop and therefore had an understanding of how the culture should be properly represented and preserved.  The legacy of Def Jam is without question.  From the pioneers of the 80's, RunDMC and them, to some of our favorite 90's West Coast artists, Warren G, Twinz, Dove Shack and them; and so on....

...but then it still doesn't stop there.   Russel is a great humanitarian and represents hip-hop culture on a worldwide scale.  He had a global vision for hip-hop, in the Show you see Wu-tang in Japan showing the global perspective of hip-hop.  You see Russel at meetings with leading politicians like Hillary Clinton.  You see Russel holding forums with spiritual leaders like the Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan.

...now I know many of ya'll are too shallow to hold any value for the significance of all this, since most of your life is consumed with adult cartoons, video games and pornography.  So go on about your business of talking shit and trolling.