Author Topic: Real Laker Fan Takes Full Page in LA Times to Thank Kobe.........  (Read 1405 times)

Remedy360

Re: Real Laker Fan Takes Full Page in LA Times to Thank Kobe.........
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
That was nice of you Nik.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
lol it's actually some dude from dubai

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/ahmedbinsulayem/status/343772123468283905/photo/1

I like it. LOL @ Real Laker fans. Though you ever think some real Laker fans think Magic is the GOAT... oh well.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE ONLY LAKER FAN ALIVE WHO CRINGED WHEN HE SAW THAT LAST SENTENCE? :laugh:

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE THE ONLY LAKER FAN ALIVE WHO CRINGED WHEN HE SAW THAT LAST SENTENCE? :laugh:

Didn't cringe. I was actually hoping to agree with that sentence for a long time. My evolution over the years on who the GOAT was.

Yey! Magic is the GOAT and everyone agrees with me. (Except my dad, when he announced he had HIV, my dad said, well he must be gay anyways, which I was cried out, YOUR MAD HE WAS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!)

I still think Magic is the GOAT, why is everyone on Jordan's dick?

We have Kobe, he plays like MJ, maybe he'll be better, he is only 19.

Man, Kobe looks great, I hope he wins 7 rings to pass MJ, we pass Boston and Kobe is seen as the GOAT.

Kobe forced Shaq out, I hate him. A few weeks later, Kobe is a Laker, I will see how this turns out.

Kobe has a real shot at being better than Jordan.

(As Kobe begins to fade) Why is everyone trying to say Kobe's not as good as MJ, he was amazing and if MJ didn't exist, then we'd call Kobe the GOAT.

Now, Kobe has had one hell of a career, maybe the greatest Laker ever. Still assessing, but I wouldn't call him better than MJ. Not yet.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
obviously, as of today, mj has had the more glorified career....prime for prime, kobe could beat mj. if kobe could come back from his achilles rupture and lead the lakers to 2 more titles with a reformed game (about 23 points-10 assists, as he said), then the discussion is very far from over.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
obviously, as of today, mj has had the more glorified career....prime for prime, kobe could beat mj. if kobe could come back from his achilles rupture and lead the lakers to 2 more titles with a reformed game (about 23 points-10 assists, as he said), then the discussion is very far from over.

I am going off prime for prime. Jordan at his best was better thank Kobe. Offense, it's close with only a slight edge to Jordan, but defense it's not even close. You can say Scottie, but Michael usually guarded the best player on the other team night after night and shut them down. Scottie offered as much help as Ariza, Rick Fox, Shaq in the paint, Odom, Artest. But Kobe at his best didn't focus on D as much as MJ. that's the difference.

If Kobe can over come a usually career ending injury and claim a title going 23-10, you have to give the edge to Kobe because he proved he can overcome more. But it hasn't happened so that's yet to be proven.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »

I am going off prime for prime. Jordan at his best was better thank Kobe. Offense, it's close with only a slight edge to Jordan, but defense it's not even close. You can say Scottie, but Michael usually guarded the best player on the other team night after night and shut them down. Scottie offered as much help as Ariza, Rick Fox, Shaq in the paint, Odom, Artest. But Kobe at his best didn't focus on D as much as MJ. that's the difference.

If Kobe can over come a usually career ending injury and claim a title going 23-10, you have to give the edge to Kobe because he proved he can overcome more. But it hasn't happened so that's yet to be proven.

MORE MISINFORMATION LMAO

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

MORE MISINFORMATION LMAO

Pre-1993 Jordan, oh yes, He guard Magic, Drexler, Wilkins and even Larry Bird for a play or too. He was 1988 defensive player of the year. He as a regular on the NBA all defensive team. And oh yeah, he'd guard the best players. Post 1995, he was a highly overrated defensive player. But we are talking prime for prime right. Because Jordan's prime was early 90's, and in the early 90's he defended the other teams best, unless it's a PF or C.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:41 PM »
YOU SAID USUALLY...HE WOULD GUARD THE BEST PLAYER ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT IT WAS USUALLY SCOTTIE DOING THAT. HE WAS A GOOD DEFENDER, BUT LIKE U SAID, HIS BEST DEFENSIVE DAYS WERE ACTUALLY BEFORE HE WAS WINNING RINGS IN HIS PRIME. JORDANS DEFENSIVE WEAKNESS WAS BEING POSTED UP. MAGIC JOHNSON EXPLOITED THIS IN THE 1991 FINALS. AFTER MAGIC DREW 3 FOULS ON MJ IN THE FIRST HALF OF GAME 2, PHIL JACKSON MOVED PIPPEN OVER TO GUARD MAGIC AND PUT MJ ON AN INJURED JAMES WORTHY. IF KOBE PLAYED DEFENSE NEXT TO A PIPPEN FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER, SHIEEET, THINGS WOULDA BEEN A LOT DIFFERENT IN LAKERLAND.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 11:10:31 PM »
YOU SAID USUALLY...HE WOULD GUARD THE BEST PLAYER ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT IT WAS USUALLY SCOTTIE DOING THAT. HE WAS A GOOD DEFENDER, BUT LIKE U SAID, HIS BEST DEFENSIVE DAYS WERE ACTUALLY BEFORE HE WAS WINNING RINGS IN HIS PRIME. JORDANS DEFENSIVE WEAKNESS WAS BEING POSTED UP. MAGIC JOHNSON EXPLOITED THIS IN THE 1991 FINALS. AFTER MAGIC DREW 3 FOULS ON MJ IN THE FIRST HALF OF GAME 2, PHIL JACKSON MOVED PIPPEN OVER TO GUARD MAGIC AND PUT MJ ON AN INJURED JAMES WORTHY. IF KOBE PLAYED DEFENSE NEXT TO A PIPPEN FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER, SHIEEET, THINGS WOULDA BEEN A LOT DIFFERENT IN LAKERLAND.

Instead he had Fox, Odom, Ariza and Artest, oh such horrible defenders. And you know, people just drove the lane against Kobe because they knew they'd beat Shaq or Bynum in the middle. Pre-1993, Jordan was a great defender. But as I also said, post 1995, Jordan was one of the most overrated defenders in the league. But in his prime, he'd guard the best player. And he had Kobe on defense.

With that said, you ever see Kobe guard LeBron? Not good results either. Kobe can shut down Carter, McGrady, Ray Allen, but he struggles against LeBron. Same with Jordan, he got Drexler, Reggie Miller, Dominique, a play or two against Bird. But Jordan struggles against Magic. Magic and LeBron are different kid of players that defenders like MJ and Kobe just seem to struggle with. I don't know what it is, but Magic and LeBron can expose MJ and Kobe's defense. Here they go head to head

Kobe vs LeBron
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

Magic vs. Michael
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jordami01&p2=johnsma02

Both LeBron and Magic did just as well with Kobe and Michael guarding them than as they would normally, if not better. In 1991, Pippen was finally able to switch over to Magic, pre-1991 Pippen was not good enough yet to guard Magic. But either way, both struggle, though Kobe's games against LeBron even made his offense suffer.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »

Instead he had Fox, Odom, Ariza and Artest, oh such horrible defenders. And you know, people just drove the lane against Kobe because they knew they'd beat Shaq or Bynum in the middle. Pre-1993, Jordan was a great defender. But as I also said, post 1995, Jordan was one of the most overrated defenders in the league. But in his prime, he'd guard the best player. And he had Kobe on defense.

With that said, you ever see Kobe guard LeBron? Not good results either. Kobe can shut down Carter, McGrady, Ray Allen, but he struggles against LeBron. Same with Jordan, he got Drexler, Reggie Miller, Dominique, a play or two against Bird. But Jordan struggles against Magic. Magic and LeBron are different kid of players that defenders like MJ and Kobe just seem to struggle with. I don't know what it is, but Magic and LeBron can expose MJ and Kobe's defense. Here they go head to head

Kobe vs LeBron
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jamesle01&p2=bryanko01

Magic vs. Michael
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=jordami01&p2=johnsma02

Both LeBron and Magic did just as well with Kobe and Michael guarding them than as they would normally, if not better. In 1991, Pippen was finally able to switch over to Magic, pre-1991 Pippen was not good enough yet to guard Magic. But either way, both struggle, though Kobe's games against LeBron even made his offense suffer.

ARIZA, ODOM, FOX, ARTEST - ALL GOOD, YET NONE OF THEM WERE PIPPEN....ARTEST WAS THE CLOSEST, BUT HE WAS WAY OUT OF HIS DEFENSIVE PRIME ONCE HE GOT TO LA. STILL, IF U REMEMBER CORRECTLY, IT WAS KOBE SHUTTING DOWN THE OPPOSING STARS. REMEMBER, PHIL PUT KOBE ON WESTBROOK WHEN WESTBROOK WAS SCORING AT WILL, THEN HE DID THE SAME WITH RONDO WHEN NO ONE ELSE COULD STOP HIM. KEEP ARGUIN AGAINST KOBE, THO, THINKIN IT SOMEBHOW DOESNT MAKE U LOOK FEATHERWEIGHT. SERIOUSLY, THO, EVEN IF U WERE RIGHT, JUST THE FACT THAT UR ARGUING THIS ADAMANTLY AGAINST IS ALREADY A LOSS FOR U. BUT KEEP DOIN U, I ENJOY IT, MY DUDE.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »

Kobe vs LeBron

Magic vs. Michael

ARIZA, ODOM, FOX, ARTEST - ALL GOOD, YET NONE OF THEM WERE PIPPEN....ARTEST WAS THE CLOSEST, BUT HE WAS WAY OUT OF HIS DEFENSIVE PRIME ONCE HE GOT TO LA. STILL, IF U REMEMBER CORRECTLY, IT WAS KOBE SHUTTING DOWN THE OPPOSING STARS. REMEMBER, PHIL PUT KOBE ON WESTBROOK WHEN WESTBROOK WAS SCORING AT WILL, THEN HE DID THE SAME WITH RONDO WHEN NO ONE ELSE COULD STOP HIM. KEEP ARGUIN AGAINST KOBE, THO, THINKIN IT SOMEBHOW DOESNT MAKE U LOOK FEATHERWEIGHT. SERIOUSLY, THO, EVEN IF U WERE RIGHT, JUST THE FACT THAT UR ARGUING THIS ADAMANTLY AGAINST IS ALREADY A LOSS FOR U. BUT KEEP DOIN U, I ENJOY IT, MY DUDE.

Sometimes debating you is like debating a spoiled child. If Kobe doesn't perform well, it's his teammates, if Jordan does better, it's Pippen, you like to compare post 1995 Jordan with Prime Kobe, and if that's not the case then you write in caps lock just to prove a point.

Let's deal with facts here Sccitles.

Fact:
Michael Jordan was defensive player of the year in 1988
Many of MJ's dunks came off of steals he created on the other side
MJ in his prime had at least 2 steals a year, and in 1987-1988 he averaged 3 steals a year. Though that was Pippen's rookie year, Pippen only averaged 20mpg, along with 1.2 steals a game and only 7ppg. Basically, as a rookie, Pippen was not a game changer.
In his prime, MJ had at least a block a game in 4 seasons
MJ had 4 seasons with at least 1 block a game. One year averaging 1.6 blocks a game.

Kobe only averaged 2 steals a game once, 2002-2003, and that's because Shaq was in the middle and no one was trying to drive in the lane. That year Shaq had 2 blocks per game, and in one seasons playing with Kobe Shaq got 3 blocks per game. It's easy to get steals when no one is trying to drive the lane.
When Shaq left, Kobe only got over 1.5 steals per game twice in 9 seasons, playing with Shaq he got over 1.5 steals per game in 4 times in 8 seasons.  (1.5 steals a game is his career average, most those steals coming with Shaq in the lane)
4 times in 8 seasons playing with Shaq, Kobe got over .5 blocks a game and since Shaq left Kobe has NEVER gone over .5 blocks a game (.5 blocks a game is Kobe's career average, most coming with Shaq in the lane)

You can argue that Shaq took blocks, but once Shaq left, Kobe got LESS blocks, not more. Kobe's best defensive years came with Shaq in the middle. The one exception is Kobe's crazy year in 2005-2006.

But compared to Jordan's best years (we'll use 1986-1987 the year before Pippen),
1.8 steals to 2.9 steals per game (advantage Jordan),
1.5 blocks vs. .4 blocks per game (advantage MJ),
37.1 points per game, 35.4 points per game (advantage MJ),
5.9 assist vs. 4.5 assist per game (advantage MJ),
5.2 rebounds vs. 5.3 rebounds per game (advantage Kobe)
2.3 3's vs. .1 3's per game (advantage Kobe)

Teammates, because that's SO important to you:
The only two person who started even over 40 game in that Bulls team was John Paxson and Charles Oakley. (they also were the only ones to average double digit points per game)
Kobe, had Odom, Parker, Mihms, Cook and then Brown as fellow starters for at least 40 games. Mihns, Parker and Odom also averaged double digit points.

So without Pippen, without Shaq, Jordan's defense elevated while Kobe's defense suffered. That's the difference. That's what make's MJ better than Kobe. Kobe is a better outside shooter, but that's were it ends. MJ gets inside more, gets more steals, more blocks. You saw post baseball Jordan, who was the most overrated defender in NBA history. But pre-baseball Jordan was a monster on offense and defense. With or without Pippen. You saw MJ struggle against Magic on tape, I saw that series live, relived it for years after Magic announced he had HIV. Magic was one of the few players Jordan struggled with, but Magic is just as great as Jordan but in a different way. Kobe struggles against LeBron, more so than MJ struggles against Magic. But that's apples and oranges. MJ guarded EVERYONE, in the NBA Finals Phil saved Jordan from himself, but in the regular season MJ took Magic at all times. The same way Kobe guarded an aging Ray Allen and NOT Paul Pierce, who was the best player on Boston. Artest took Pierce.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
u really like 2 go in circles, dont u? i already addressed all that. only a rookie basketball fan actually thinks that getting more steals and blocks means ur a better defener LOL....like i said, mj was defensive player of the year in 1988. thats way before his prime. ur just trying to use anything and everything u can find to go against kobe, and in the end, even if u were right, the fact that u are willingly arguing against lakers so adamantly is the more annoyin thing in all this....as for kobe guarding lebron, they never met in the playoffs, but this is what would happen if they did:

u should be proud as a laker fan, not look for reasons to discredit that LOL