Author Topic: Did DOC have any role in NWA's first album St8 out of Compton?  (Read 379 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I was under the assumption he just started writing for NWA albums on Efil4zaggin?  Was he writing for them on St8 out of Compton?  ANyone have the links to the credits.  Someone jacked all my cd cases (thinking the cd's were inside they actually stole my whole tower) back in the year 2001 and a lot of the albums I only have a disc for but no liner notes.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Did DOC have any role in NWA's first album St8 out of Compton?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »
Now I already know he was a feature on Parental Discretion Iz Advised, first verse.

But he is given credit as a writer for Something Like That and Compton's N the House. Since MC Ren and DOC are the only credited writers, I am assuming he wrote for Dre.

Also he is credit in Something 2 Dance 2, but that had hardly any lyrics so I can't imagine he wrote all of Dre's 2 lines, but you never know.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »
Okay, but would you say he was a "Featured" writer or "one of the Main writers" for St8 out of Compton.. in the way that he was for Efil4zaggin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:10:46 PM »
Okay, but would you say he was a "Featured" writer or "one of the Main writers" for St8 out of Compton.. in the way that he was for Efil4zaggin

Featured. Two songs for Dre, one song for himself. I think the difference is Cube wrote a lot for Dre and Eazy too, were as in Efil4zaggin, someone had to pick up the Cube slack. That's my assumption as to why DOC wrote more in the second album.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:12:12 PM »
he was on zaggin4efil heavy compared to straight outta compton. I wouldn't say he was one of the main writers cause cube was there helpin' eazy write and he also wrote for dre.  when cube left d.o.c took on that role cause of his accident.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

dameons

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »
This is  a great question . props on that . DOC was fully engulfed in NWA stuff at this point .The  NWA and the Posse album had DOC 's name on it prevalently .. No question that DOC did MAJOR behind the scenes stuff for Straight Outta Compton .Eazy's album was released in close proximity to this , and he was ALL over that . Lay Law deserves more credit also . Dre once said it all started due to him having the funds .

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
This is  a great question . props on that . DOC was fully engulfed in NWA stuff at this point .The  NWA and the Posse album had DOC 's name on it prevalently .. No question that DOC did MAJOR behind the scenes stuff for Straight Outta Compton .Eazy's album was released in close proximity to this , and he was ALL over that . Lay Law deserves more credit also . Dre once said it all started due to him having the funds .
doc only wrote 'we want eazy' but on eazy duz it cube, eazy, and ren worked on that album together.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:11:02 PM by OG Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
dunno but Myka 9 wrote 2 joints for NWA and the Posse

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
he was on zaggin4efil heavy compared to straight outta compton. I wouldn't say he was one of the main writers cause cube was there helpin' eazy write and he also wrote for dre.  when cube left d.o.c took on that role cause of his accident.

Word.. that's probably how I would describe it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 02:33:28 PM »
This is  a great question . props on that . DOC was fully engulfed in NWA stuff at this point .The  NWA and the Posse album had DOC 's name on it prevalently .. No question that DOC did MAJOR behind the scenes stuff for Straight Outta Compton .Eazy's album was released in close proximity to this , and he was ALL over that . Lay Law deserves more credit also . Dre once said it all started due to him having the funds .

I don't know if he was a MAJOR writer for Straight Outta Compton.  Who knows what he may have been "ghostwriting".  But I think like MDogg said he only officially wrote on 2-3 tracks.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »

I'd always heard that too.  He was the type of dude people would run their lines past before they hit the booth and he would help clean things up.  So even if he didn't write everything or get a credit, he was a major influence.  Almost a lyric producer if you will.  DOC is the most underrated west coast (by way of texas) artist in my opinion.

DJSpin

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »

Featured. Two songs for Dre, one song for himself. I think the difference is Cube wrote a lot for Dre and Eazy too, were as in Efil4zaggin, someone had to pick up the Cube slack. That's my assumption as to why DOC wrote more in the second album.

Plus, most of straight outta Compton was written and recorded probably before dre even met the doc.   Ren joined the group late, so notice how doc only has writing credit on the songs recorded after the  singles came out like boys n the hood, f the police, dope man, etc

DJSpin

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »

The nwA and the posse album was just a collection of macola/ruthless records singles that wasn't even considered an Nwa album by Nwa.  I am not convinced doc had early relations with Nwa pre straight outta Compton recordings.  If anything, I bet that album exposed Nwa to doc's potential

BIGWORM

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
N.W.A. and the POSSE was released before Straight Outta Compton. The D.O.C. was a member of "THE FILA FRESH CREW" he went by the name DOC-T....

HighEyeCue

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 02:27:15 AM »
N.W.A. and the POSSE was released before Straight Outta Compton. The D.O.C. was a member of "THE FILA FRESH CREW" he went by the name DOC-T....

yeah they had a few tracks on the posse album that were first released on their own album