Author Topic: Game signs with Cash Money Records  (Read 1647 times)

Re: Game signs with Cash Money Records
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »
we can expect many more songs with "red", "five", or "blood" in the title that's for sure

Fo sho, the partial tracklist for his next album (R5B) already leaked:

Blood Five, Red

Red, Five Blood

Five Red, Blood

Blood. Red. Five

Five Blood, Red

Red Blood, Five

Looks like Game ready to drop some heat...

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 01:27:46 PM »
"Blood Red: Five Star"

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »
never liked the game. when i first got on dubcc everyone was on his dick hard, funny how he just kinda vanished

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »
This would've meant something if it was still 2008 and Cash Money was still relevant.

You must be living under a rock. There is no rap label bigger than Cash Money currently.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
Should of went indy, become your own boss not fall under these other cats...

Game doesn't seem to do a great job at thinking for himself.
LOL on point.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MistaNova

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »
This would've meant something if it was still 2008 and Cash Money was still relevant.

You must be living under a rock. There is no rap label bigger than Cash Money currently.

I think you're mistaking Cash Money with Young Money. Young Money is relevant with the likes of Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake and Tyga. Cash Money ain't shit anymore.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
mack 10 move.....

every1 in the world is signed to cash money, tho

did yall know paris hilton, christina milian, limp bizkit, glasses malone, ace hood, cool and dre plus a bunch of no-names who sell nothing are signed to them

even young money has a buncha no-names

h2k4

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
A lot of nonsense going on in here.  Nobody knows the specifics of this deal.  Could be a move to have his own label with Stat under CM similar to how Young Money is.  As much as people hate to admit it, Cash Money is still very much relevant.  The way I see it, in house production from Cool and Dre, and loud mouth DJ Khaled promoting the hell out of his music in the South sounds like a good plan to me.  I think they will do much more for him promotion wise than what Interscope/Geffen has done for him lately.  They dropped the ball with Jesus Piece big time.  Although, it would have been better to see him go independent, I think he knows that he still needs the strength of a major to move decent units.  Aftermath just seems so fucked up as of late.  Wish Dre would just remove himself from the label if he's not going to give it 100% to develop new artists or create decent beats.  Seems like he's more interested in the business side of things instead of the art.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »
I can't imagine a world where this will result in any sort of improvement in terms of quality.

Maybe he'll find himself a smash hit that Dubcc will hate anyway with Wayne & Drake on it, but the quality of music will go down if he builds his album around the Young Money sound. Even worse if he does what he always does & mimic's Drake & Wayne's flows on songs. Then you'll hear the increase in lame production; getting away from the West Coast sound he can strive on.

If he completely avoids meshing with their sound...then really nothing has changed & we're just going to get the same mediocre Game we've had since "Doctor's Advocate". But instead of him getting emotional about Dre & name dropping 50 Cent every couple of songs, he'll just rep Young Money & reference to Weezy & Drizzy every couple of songs lol.

So there's like a 2% chance this move makes any of a difference for Game's career.

h2k4

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »
I can't imagine a world where this will result in any sort of improvement in terms of quality.

Maybe he'll find himself a smash hit that Dubcc will hate anyway with Wayne & Drake on it, but the quality of music will go down if he builds his album around the Young Money sound. Even worse if he does what he always does & mimic's Drake & Wayne's flows on songs. Then you'll hear the increase in lame production; getting away from the West Coast sound he can strive on.

This is what I'm worried about but I honestly don't see that happening.  I think Cool and Dre know exactly what will work for him.  I think Game can do well on East Coast beats but he just doesn't sound right on a heavily influenced South beat.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »
the game will rap more like hes from louisiana and have gay ass southern sounding trap beats all over his shit now

how can anyone not see this coming or like it if they do see it
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
mack 10 move.....
Yup, and we see what good that did him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »
Like or dislike the move, all opinion but im sure he took what made the most sense for him business wise.

But here we go again with online internet reality.

When DA came out you people complained and many of you called it wack, same thing with LAX - shit, probably even more with LAX. But now you say that you want him to
have westcoast sounding production which DA was heavy on or go back to LAX, but you guys still complained ALOT when they came out. The bottom line with internet geeks is that you guys just hate popularity & success, thats it. You just use different reasons to justify the shit.

You can up the DA thread here & see what people were saying. The same people i see saying shit here, were hating on Game &/or DA & LAX when they came out.

Another thing, nobody wants to hear westcoast production. Thats the truth. This is the same forum still stuck in the mid 90's & who seems to think 2pac is the greatest rapper & want to go back to G-Funk sound. There is no distinctive westcoast sound right now & there hasnt been for over 10 years. Also, artists have to eat. Thats their job & living. You want Game, Kendrick, Dre, Snoop or whoever to do music that please Dubcnn? Good luck with that. The irony is that you guys then say they're irrelevant now (Game, Snoop etc maybe not Kendrick), so how more irrelevant would they be if they stuck to "please Dubcnn members"-music or westcoast sound that nobody supports?

Its business & art. These cats are on major labels & have to make returns of investments.

When Kendrick was out none of you guys cared. Now you do, because of his affiliation with Dre. But then, because of his popularity some of you guys starting to dislike him because you want him to be a pseudo-westcoast gangsters ala 2pac or Death Row, even though it wasnt realistic. Just a dilluted entertaining image, look & mystique to cats like some of you.

Talk all that westcoast shit but none of you support or even talk about westcoast shit post-1996 or post Death Row affiliated stuff, yet ironically as you guys can see westcoast is starting to bubble by NOT following your guys thoughts & opinions. The last 2 westcoast rappers that blew up did NOT have a traditional westcoast sound or flow. So there's that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:05:26 AM by PhunkyDoob »

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 08:55:34 AM »
Like or dislike the move, all opinion but im sure he took what made the most sense for him business wise.

But here we go again with online internet reality.

When DA came out you people complained and many of you called it wack, same thing with LAX - shit, probably even more with LAX. But now you say that you want him to
have westcoast sounding production which DA was heavy on or go back to LAX, but you guys still complained ALOT when they came out. The bottom line with internet geeks is that you guys just hate popularity & success, thats it. You just use different reasons to justify the shit.

You can up the DA thread here & see what people were saying. The same people i see saying shit here, were hating on Game &/or DA & LAX when they came out.

Another thing, nobody wants to hear westcoast production. Thats the truth. This is the same forum still stuck in the mid 90's & who seems to think 2pac is the greatest rapper & want to go back to G-Funk sound. There is no distinctive westcoast sound right now & there hasnt been for over 10 years. Also, artists have to eat. Thats their job & living. You want Game, Kendrick, Dre, Snoop or whoever to do music that please Dubcnn? Good luck with that. The irony is that you guys then say they're irrelevant now (Game, Snoop etc maybe not Kendrick), so how more irrelevant would they be if they stuck to "please Dubcnn members"-music or westcoast sound that nobody supports?

Its business & art. These cats are on major labels & have to make returns of investments.

When Kendrick was out none of you guys cared. Now you do, because of his affiliation with Dre. But then, because of his popularity some of you guys starting to dislike him because you want him to be a pseudo-westcoast gangsters ala 2pac or Death Row, even though it wasnt realistic. Just a dilluted entertaining image, look & mystique to cats like some of you.

Talk all that westcoast shit but none of you support or even talk about westcoast shit post-1996 or post Death Row affiliated stuff, yet ironically as you guys can see westcoast is starting to bubble by NOT following your guys thoughts & opinions. The last 2 westcoast rappers that blew up did NOT have a traditional westcoast sound or flow. So there's that.

Where u from?

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
Surprised Maybach Music Group didnt try snap him up to be honest... hope gamedoesnt  goes down the route of a lot of cash money artist to be honest outside Drake Niki Wanye there aint been to many albums or promotion for the other cats just hope he doesnt become a mixtape/Hype man for Wayne,Drake,niki concerts looking back on what could have been with BLACK WALL STREET if they could have set up a label so many artists passed through that door  8)