Author Topic: Snoop Dogg becomes Snoopzilla for funk project (album release date+audio)  (Read 1644 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

We are pleased to announce the release of 7 Days of Funk - Dam-Funk and Snoopzilla aka the legendary Snoop Dogg. The album is set for release December 10, 2013 on Stones Throw Records.

“We're the babies of the Mothership,” says Snoop. “I’ve had funk influences in my music my whole career. Dam-Funk is cold. He’s keeping the funk alive and I knew I had to get down with him.”

The King of Modern Funk meets the smoked-out scion of G-Funk on the 7 Days of Funk album, where Snoop performs under the name Snoopzilla, the homage to the legendary funk master, Bootsy Collins, who often went by the moniker Bootzilla. After an initial chance meeting two years ago, Dam and Snoop began to collaboratev when Snoop invited Dam to perform with him at a 2011 SXSW show — the musical connection was inherent.

“Snoop knew what I was thinking without me having to articulate it. That’s how you know when you gel artistically with someone,” Dam-Funk says. “These beats were made for him and he laid down some of the smoothest harmonies and melodies I’ve ever heard. It’s hip-hop, but you can also hear what we grew up on, from Zapp to Evelyn 'Champagne' King and Patrice Rushen.”

As an entertainment icon, there is little Snoop hasn’t accomplished. The Long Beach legend has sold over 30,000,000 albums, and received 15 Grammy® nominations, but at heart, the funk has inspired many tracks through his career.

Growing up at the other end of L.A. was Pasadena’s Dam-Funk. Since his 2009 debut, Toeachizown, the Stones Throw-signed visionary has defined modern funk music—this isn’t a fad for him, it’s a way of life. He’s the new vanguard of a tradition encompassing George Clinton, Roger Troutman, Prince and Snoop Dogg himself, who helped pioneer G-Funk with Dr. Dre

Below, check out the record’s first single, the synth-y and soulful “Faden Away”, followed by an interview with both Dâm-Funk and Snoop(zilla).

https://soundcloud.com/stonesthrow/faden-away

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_boLyAb8WNw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_boLyAb8WNw</a>

k1000

Snoopy Collins  8) a moniker he used in that Duces 'n Trayz era

jeanmiche777

Really want to hear a quality version of the first song in the video. I'm hyped for this project, 1st time ever I can say this about a Snoop project

machete

• 'G'
glad to know he's is going back to his roots

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Snoop should forget the 'snoop lion' project and start releasing music through Stones Throw, some of the illest producers/beatmakers/singers/rappers are signed to this label.
Imagine a snoop album produced by Madlib, J Rocc, Karriem Riggins, Dam Funk and Peanut Butterwolf....featuring Aloe Blacc, Dudley Perkins, Mayer Hawthorne (just to name a few dope singers). 8)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
SMART MOVE!!

djole 213

PLANT

SMART MOVE!!
Yep this is a great move for Snoopy....that video from the Adidas party where he kicked that freestyle over that Dam Funk beat was so fucking sick!  Snoop sounds perfect with that shit.

Sccit

there we go

KrazySumwhat

Yep this def has remnants of tha dogg house era! Beat is so fucking cool but Snoop needs to stop trying to sing.

doggfather

Re: Snoop Dogg becomes Snoopzilla for funk project (album release date+audio)
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 11:11:25 PM »
SMART MOVE!!
Yep this is a great move for Snoopy....that video from the Adidas party where he kicked that freestyle over that Dam Funk beat was so fucking sick!  Snoop sounds perfect with that shit.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
wow I thought I'd never hear Snoop on a G-Funk track. Yeah that does sound like a G-Funk album  8)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 02:25:13 AM »
 Ah shit i just assumed it was the same song from the other thread. This dose indeed sound G funk. yeah. Thats the way snoop RAP.
EDIT: ok so he sings on the other song at the end but that shit sounded cool, Snoop sound good like that. Just no more lovey songs and reggae and iam happy  8)
2nd EDIT: i aint gonna be greedy and ungrateful but all we need now is Snoop with tha Pound and Warren g an everyone, Kokane doing these types of songs again. As if Soopafly and bad azz and half dead and everyone wouldn't sound dope over beats like that.
 Anyways if this actually dose come out on December 10th then thats awesome.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:03:16 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Matty

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 03:05:20 AM »
"Snoop's first project with a single producer since his debut album Doggystyle."

should be one of the best too, sounds fantastic. this is exactly the sort of sound that fits snoop down to a tee, why he hasn't done more albums like this is puzzling...is always some big funk on his albums. if he could take this direction but bring in the odd track from quik/dre/warren g etc then you've got a dream album...maybe some unreleased nate dogg vocals too. whatever happened to that nate EP anyway?

definitely checking for this.

oh yeah they got the 'faden away' instrumental up on the stonesthrow store too 8)

https://www.stonesthrow.com/store/single/snoopfunk/faden-away
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:19:52 AM by Matty »

bigpimpin20

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 04:03:30 AM »
I cant believe that im really waitin for snoop album ;D but Dam-Funk thats BIG